Do You Regularly Go To The Doctor?

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by WildSpirit, Jul 8, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    RQWN5AIwXULN1OapRiehaQOBw2zikGOX.jpeg
    Going to the doctor is not such a routine attitude for millions of people (according to several world surveys, especially men... because women are more concerned about this aspect, and so they end up living longer). While some of them worry and go to the doctor regularly, others only seek for help and see how they feel when they feel threatened by something.

Which team would you say belongs to?

2. joegirl

joegirl Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    Well, I guess I wasn't part of this survey :). I have not been to the doctor's in years and I am as healthy as anyone can be. I guess I am just lucky I have not had any medical situation to make me go see a doctor. If I have the occasional flu or headache or general body ache, I get medication over the counter at my local pharmacy to treat this (on advise from the attending pharmacist).

3. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:
    Every three months.
    Diabetic that I am.

4. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    Eh, i guess I go with the statistic here. While I'm not saying it's not important I know a good deal of people who go to the doctor for everything and take some kind of medicine for even less than that. Grow some anticorps damn it!

5. Scarlet

Scarlet Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I only go to the doctor when I feel sick or when I feel I have a problem because I feel something uncomfortable. Recently, I felt a ringing in the ear for a month so I decided to go to a doctor for a check-up.

6. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member
      77/115

Blog Posts:
    I am one of those people that hate the men in the white coats :D I've had mixed experiences with them... some can be so nice and humane then you have certain doctors that think they're Gods and have this enormous ego which is very off-putting.

I only really go if I must. I go for the scheduled appointments such as check-ups or if I get a bad cold/flu. Otherwise, I try to stay away from hospital and doctors! I prefer trying home remedies first.

7. Neiltarquin

Neiltarquin Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    No, but I always see a Doctor. Im a nurse and that is a joke. I know its not funny so I'll stop.

As a nurse, we can actually ask our resident doctor some medical advise if were not feeling well. In my case I rarely get sick so I have no reason to givto the doctor. Last visit I made was a yearly routine check up.

8. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    only if I need to, otherwise its an annual review with the practise nurse.

9. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    I rarely go to the doctor unless if I am seriously ill. In most cases, I go through the motions of a disease without as much as buying a prescription off the counter. I am acutely aware that to be in optimum health, one should see a physician for a thorough medical check up once a year especially if one is in the ageing bracket. There is a problem nowadays where people buy medicines for every small discomfort resulting in resistant strains of germs.

10. airfightermax

airfightermax Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    I actually do take a visit to a doctor yearly! It's an annual check-up thing and it helps you keep track of everything that's happening with your body. My doctor hasn't detected anything suspicious though from my visits which make me feel good since I know that I am healthy. To those who don't visit doctors regularly, you definitely should since there are some diseases that don't show symptoms at first and it will show up when it's already worse. With regular check-ups, you'll be able to stop it from its tracks before it develops into something serious! Always remember that prevention is better than cure.

11. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    I don't, but I am a nurse so I can probably tell if there's something wrong with me or not. Usually I pass it off as something mundane, but I still check the danger signs of certain conditions like heart attack, stroke, leg embolus, and appendicitis to see if my symptoms match. Hopefully I've yet to have a serious condition, and most symptoms I have are more to do with me sitting in front of the PC a lot, and less with debilitating conditions that start out with a simple sign.

12. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Expert Member
      146/173

Blog Posts:
    I should go more but I don't. I have a phobia of doctors and hospitals so I try to avoid them as much as possible. I keep myself in good shape and eat healthy so the odds of me suffering from a disease are pretty low. I try to go for check-ups once every 1-2 years though.

13. texsun54

texsun54 Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    From age 18 to 40 only time I went to doctor was for physical exam required for work. Once I hit 40 I had a couple of medical issues that required surgery, and I go now for yearly checkup so as not to have any serious issues come up. I work out regularly and feel fit and healthy, but as we age it is better to catch things early.

14. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    I see a doctor when I need to, in the past ten years I have had two medical issues. One was a tick bite while deer stalking (antibiotics)and the other was a torn muscle in my abdomen(surgery) caused by slipping while carrying a heavy weight. Another occasion I broke a finger but set it myself. Coughs and colds are treated with a glass of whisky or two with some honey and lemon. Cuts don't even get a mention.
    The dentist gets a visit every six months though because I take my teeth very seriously.