Do You Talk To Yourself?

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by WildSpirit, Jul 18, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    3e0909c17f333c0bc6594ada0722a229.jpeg
    I venture to say that many people do this in a variety of situations, right? Especially people who are more communicative (and without thinking twice... I include myself directly in this group). Did you ever catch on talking to yourself? If so, in what kind of situation did this occur?

This usually happens to me a lot when I'm studying some new language (because I always read it aloud :)).

The Innkeeper likes this.
  2. Lester

Lester New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    I talk to myself when I prepare a presentation or a speech.

3. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    Honestly, I do it all the time whilst working. My occupation often involves a lot of complex systems, so I suspect talking it out sort of keeps things focused. Or maybe it just a bad habit, who knows. ;)

4. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, this is another very common situation when people talk to themselves. Plus, it's a very useful tool for learning / memorizing something. :)

5. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    Don't worry, I think you're normal. :) Just be careful when you're out of work, haha... People may think you're crazy! :p

6. eyinka

eyinka New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    Ah, yeah! I do this all the time! I can't help it. Sometimes, I am my own best companion; other times, I am particularly chanting one thing. It's crazy when I do it on the streets but I really can't help it. By the way, could this be a bad thing?

7. BethSztruhar

BethSztruhar Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Oh yes. I usually do this. Since I like to be alone, what's more; I'm kind of a loner, this is not new to me. It's not like I'm insane or something so if others can hear it I don't do it but sometimes the words just slip out even if I'm at my workplace. It can be funny sometimes because every time they ask what did I said I'm just like: "nothing I'm just thinking" and they always response like "well that was loud".

8. Scarlet

Scarlet Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I talk to myself when I'm pondering things. It's my way of analyzing things so that I can accurately say my thoughts or decision about it and perhaps my final answer.

9. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    of course dosent everybody? its a way of sorting out a problem or what to do next.

10. airfightermax

airfightermax Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    I always talk to myself too. People are saying here that it is normal and that is actually quite a relief to hear.

I always talk to myself when I am preparing for something. Like a class presentation because I tend to stumble on my words when in front so I practice to prevent that from happening.

11. yunken

yunken New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Yes of course! I think everyone does that.
    It usually happens to me when I am taking a walk alone and have no one to chat with. I use to see myself in that situation, talking to myself.

12. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    That's actually a very effective method of practicing a new language congratulations! And yes i do talk to myself. Sometimes it makes easir to reflect on life's issues that way. It might seem crazy but as a friend used to say "Im as crazy as crazyness goes!" haha.

13. Clara1993

Clara1993 Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    Yes I do talk to myself when I am memorizing things, doing calculations or making plans any plan that I write down there I ask questions and answer them out loud as if I'm talking to someone lol or when I am interpret how I'll be dealing with certain situations or people :) but later I lough at myself and I'll be like hey Clara have you been talking to youself!! Are you crazy :) oh even When I'm mad I talk all the things I wish I could tell someone lol.

14. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    I talk to myself when I want to control my temper. Especially in the usual heavy traffic in my route, motorcycles would cut my path and instead of shouting invectives at them, I would say to myself in a normal voice, "relax, take it easy" and some other words to soothe me. But I admit that sometimes I curse those drivers cutting my path although no one could hear me. Talking to myself is an outlet to vent my ire so I would easily calm down.

When I am not alone in the car, I don't do that though.

15. Tina Thompson

Tina Thompson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Yes, I do talk to myself and I talk to God out loud. Lately I've been doing it a lot, and I'm okay with it. . I do a lot of researching on some heavy stuff and when I find things that are of particular craziness, I have to say something even if it's to myself. I can ask God a question and sometimes if I'm lucky he'll answer me in a dream, or I will run across something and find the answer. I'm past the point of caring what anybody thinks of me, if they think I'm crazy that's okay, it don't bother me.

16. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    I don't think you crazy... I think you just think differently from the vast majority of people (and nothing's wrong with that :D).

17. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    I don't consider this as a bad thing... It's unusual but not bad. For me, it's just a very authentic way of expressing yourself (and everything that is different always stands out more easily).

18. The Innkeeper

The Innkeeper Master Survivalist
      250/345

Blog Posts:
    All the time. Sometimes it’s because I think my wife was listening but I was wrong. Sometimes it is problem solving.sometimes it’s to keep me from listening to the other voices in my head

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  19. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Only way I can have an intelligent conversation with a very mature and knowledgeable person, who I like and enjoy being with.

20. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Only when there is a lot of Scotch involved, but this begs the question. If a Man said something, and there wasn't a Woman around to hear him would he still be wrong?

21. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:

My wife say yes, always.

Morgan101 and Sonofliberty like this.
  22. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    my wife says I am a recluse, so talking to myself is the only way of working something out sometimes.

23. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:

Now that is funny Morgan...very funny and a take off of the olde tree falling in the woods. Well done Olde Man...well done.!!

I shall have to remember that.

Same here lonewolf....same here...

However...when a problem vexes me ...often I find that if time allows..I can put it aside..and for some reason....eventually a good solution arrives...and without thinking about it too difficultly . At times it is odd...even eerie how that works out.

It is as if one is thinking about it too strenuously and uselessly...or perhaps..over working the problem.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite

24. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yes sometimes if you leave the problem alone and go and do something else the solution may come to you.

25. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    I am also pretty reclusive. If I didn't talk to myself, who would I talk to?

26. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:
    Us! Don't forget about us!

The best part, if anyone gets on your nerves you can zap them out with just one click, and not go to jail for it!

27. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    LOL, that is typing not "talking". Though, I do talk to myself while I type.

28. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I used to talk to myself until I started losing arguments.

29. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    I don't really talk to myself but will occasionally rant at someone who isn't present or can't hear me if they've done something or left me in a situation that annoys me. By the next time I talk to them I've got it out of my system and I'm calm.