Do you think about death?

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Vinaya, Jul 2, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Vinaya

Vinaya Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    The only thing that is certain on earth is death. The one who is born has to die. You cannot escape death. How often do you contemplate about death? Do you ponder into the fact that one day you will die and you will be leaving all your belongings behind?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Expert Member
      146/173

Blog Posts:
    I try to not care about death too much, after all I won't even feel a thing. Before I was alive I didn't care if I was on Earth or not, and that's going to be the case when I'm going to be dead as well. I strive to be the best person I can be while I'm alive and present here and I hope that I can at least make an impact to this world, as small as it would be.

3. Destiny

Destiny Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    As survivalist we spend a lot of time figuring out ways not to die. But I don't like thinking about death itself.

4. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Not me I just ain't dying! no way no how!

5. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    My mother died when i was 21 from cancer. I did not get to hide from death. So, yes i do think about death. I wonder when it is my turn to exit this life will i be afraid and will i be in pain. However, it is a double edged sword. If i ponder death too much, it robs me of my time today.

6. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I do not think about death too much but accept it as a natural part of life.
    There have been family members that I have lost because they passed away and when I think about them I am reminded of death.
    I hope I will not die too soon but there is never a guarantee and of course I will not be able to take anything with me in my grave and I can live with that.
    Till that happens I want to also be the best mother, wife, friend that I can be.

7. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I think about it occasionally, this comes with old age. I will not like having to leave my wife & sons, my equipment is a second consideration & this will be left to my family of course. Meanwhile I keep plodding on, extending life as much as possible.
    Keith.

8. John Snort

John Snort Well-Known Member
      92/93

Blog Posts:
    I never think about death at all. We all die in the end. That's just how life is. Whether you think about it or not, the day will come when we have to leave this world. Is it a scary thought? No. As for belongings I really wouldn't care who'll have them after I'm gone because to be honest there aren't too many people in my life who I actually like that much.

9. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    as we are all mortal I remember the saying " you cannot get out of this life alive!", no, I don't dwell on it, it will happen one day, when it does it does.

10. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I don't think about it at all. As you said it's a certain thing, nothing we can do about it. So why worry about it? If it's today then it's today, if I've got another 50 years in me then it's even better. :p

11. DecMikashimota

DecMikashimota New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I think that if you believe in reincarnation then the reality of death loses its sting. Most fear death, mainly because they believe that this will be the end for them. I don't believe that death is the end at all, life may just be preparation for what is to come.

12. amonda

amonda New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    I think about death, a bit too often actually. I was once scared of the concept of death but I have grown to become more accepting of the fact that death is inevitable and one day I will have to face it.

13. richj8am30

richj8am30 Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I fully believe that if someone who is living a full life then they do not worry about death. The only people that are most concerned with death are those who aren't living according to their full potential. One of the saddest things that I think anyone can do is live for rewards in an unforeseeable afterlife.

14. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    These things as everything else we no are as certain as we believe they are. I do think about death, but my death does not concern me too much, I think about my family and people I love. I work hard to believe that the thing we call death is just a transfer of energy into some other life or place. Obviously I cannot define that and I cannot say that something is or is not but I can hope for that. It really seems very pointless if we just die and it is over. The nothingness or whatever. I would really like that scientists find a way to have our consciousness stored on some hard drive like in that movie Transcendence.

15. wizzywiz

wizzywiz New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    The earlier you start thinking about death and making preparations, the better. We are not going to live forever.

16. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    nobody is, but don't dwell on it.

17. Deathisue

Deathisue New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    If all the time, since my grandmother died I do, from there I discovered that nothing is eternal and everything can be extinguished in the blink of an eye but although that happens I think to live the best way I can.

18. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    I can honestly say the idea of death doesn't bother me one bit. It is one of the few guarantees in life. Don't get me wrong, I love life, try to live it to the fullest, and am committed to survive for my family and others. And, I've had a number of people very close to me pass away, and it was never easy, so it cannot be trivialized. But to to worry about something that is as inevitable as the sun rising seems pretty pointless.

19. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    While alive, think about life. We cannot know that which is beyond the world in which we currently reside. While in the womb, is there any reason for the fetus to worry about being born into this world?! No, everything in its own good time!

Pray for your ancestors. Pray for guidance. Do your best in life. Follow the teachings of the Prophets. Live and act with nobility while you are alive so that when your body dies, your soul will continue on with its return to the Creator. There are universes within universes, ever ascending, ever more complex. "In My Father's home are many mansions." You will be guided, especially if you keep your heart clean.

20. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't want to die but there is no point worrying about it because there is nothing we can do about it.
    there are 2 certain things in life and they are "death and taxes".

21. Scarlet

Scarlet Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    We will all die eventually but we just don't know how or when we are going to die. Worrying about death means you haven't prepared for your life after death.

22. iamawriter

iamawriter Well-Known Member
      88/115

Blog Posts:
    There is no escaping death but when the time comes to part, I should be able to say it from my heart - I have been truthful, faithful and kind, a better world I have left behind

23. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    I read this theory where you don't "die" since you are the main character of your story. If you ever go into near life-death situations, you'll end up surviving because you get transferred in another reality where you survived the encounter. The reality where you died ceases to exist, and will only be there for the record books. So in theory you can feel like you are in control of your life, but for every decision you have made so far, there's a reality out there where you chose the other path. I kind of like that theory since it just means life isn't just being born and dying unexpectedly. Your choices matter.

24. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Well aren't you the cheery little ray of sunshine today?
    In answer to your question, no I don't contemplate death.

25. Jameson

Jameson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    It is important to acknowledge the concept of death.It is only through realising that there will come a time when we will no longer exist, that we will be able to find meaning in life.Death is certainly one of the greatest concepts about creation.

26. airfightermax

airfightermax Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    Oh, you are talking about parallel dimensions! I have read about something like this too, and it was a very interesting theory.

The catch with this theory though is that what if you die of all age? You can't escape death after all average life expectancies are not that high so we're all bound to die anyway. Just a little something to make you think :D