Do You Think Is It Confortable To Sleep All Night In A Hammock?

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by crazysurvivalstories, May 26, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. crazysurvivalstories

crazysurvivalstories New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    I think I will spend all the night in the forest and sleep in a hammock as a challenge and make a video. I think it will be not very confortable. Did you spend long time on an hammock? What is your experience?

In the forest there are boars, I think if I put high the hammock they will not be a problem. What do you think?

Keith H. likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I've slept in a lot of strange places but never in a hammock.

3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Never have. Now never will.

Maybe on the dawn, some young people would hear my cries and rescue my ancient skeleton from the torture device often referred to as a hammock. Such is a frightening thought ... especially at this time of life. And there is the gardening today and the lawn. The grandson lives too far away for me to foist these burdens onto him ... as did my "benevolent" grandparents. I would rail against the Lord, I would rail against the day I was born, however it never got Job anywhere. So it goes.

crazysurvivalstories likes this.
  4. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    My maternal grandfather was a creature of he woods, certainly not of civilization. Some of this passed to me I reckon. I talk to bears. Other stuff.

Just the other day while talking to Bobby, he said that other bears and he referred to hammocks as "meat tacos". I like bears.

5. crazysurvivalstories

3/29

Blog Posts:
    OMG? Are you a bot or some computer software that generate text automatically?

6. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    you'll get used to him, the rest of us did!;)

7. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Holy Gawd in Heaven! I awlmost feel like I'm fambly now. They is'a tear in mah eye. sniff sniff

:(

8. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    A hammock is one of the most comfortable beds that a person can sleep in. The problem is that most people don't learn HOW to do it. You do NOT sleep in one straight in line with the path of its direction. That is how you lay in it to read and recline for relaxation but when it is time to sleep you lay in it at a diagonal and it is flat that way. I sleep on my side and am VERY comfortable. You can even lay flat on your stomach if you go diagonal.

https://www.treklightgear.com/blogs/trek-life/hammock-angle

When you get the angle right it is a lot like sleeping in a good cot. The thing is that I can carry a hammock made of ripstop nylon almost in my pocket and sleep comfortable and safe nearly anywhere. I also have a nylon tarp the I can suspend over it and a mesh sock that will make it bug proof. I can carry all of this and another hammock that I suspend over or under my sleeper for safe storage all in a space smaller than a lightweight sleeping bag.

Modern hammock systems are nothing like the old idea or a rope hammock. It is like comparing an old canvas pup tent to a modern easy up geodesic nylon tent.

9. crazysurvivalstories

3/29

Blog Posts:
    Wouuu!! I have to test it, in diagonal! I really like your idea to put a rope for the socks and boots.

Thank you for your answer!

10. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I think if you hang it high enough you should be fine. I have used a hammock in the past & they are quite comfortable.
    Keith.

11. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I like hammocks because they get me out of the reach of the fire ants, snakes and most of the other critters that like to mess with you if you are not in a tent!!

Keith H. likes this.