Do You Think The Future Is The Digital Currency?

Discussion in 'Financial Planning' started by WildSpirit, Jul 16, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    f0169566bbbf2d3f359ec0f4ad878019.jpeg
    The future is an unknown, whatever the circumstance ... You can't be sure about anything. But there are always some indications where the story will go. Financially speaking, the world seems to be dominated by the digital currency called Bitcoin. I've read a lot about it, just as I've heard a lot. But for the "simple" reason that I still don't feel safe enough, I haven't invested anything yet.

However, I strongly believe that the future of money is really that... Digital currency. :)

2. overcast

overcast Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I am tracking the digital currency such as Bitcoin. You can see that litecoin and others have taken off as well. So it seems people are worried about future. And they are relying less on the govt currency. I am thinking that if more and more online transaction take place then in such case BTC definite has some future. It will have some ups and downs though. It's not going to be a smooth ride for BTC.

3. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    I think the future will be a combination of both. If you follow the dynamics of some strong digital currencies like bitcoin, you will reckon that there is a silent conspiracy between industry players in the financial sector and governments in favour of the status quo. This is counterbalanced by private entreprise and individuals willing to bring about a paradigm shift.

4. Westbay

Westbay Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    Personally I do not think it's the future, to me its just an experiment waiting to fail someone introduced me to one of the so called digital currency and so far so good I have lost lots of money trying to do it. I never liked the idea from the beginning I mean the origin itself was funny I laughed when I was told about how it came to be, I do not see central banks in the world having bitcoins in their safes in future I wouldn't invest in such for the future neither will I advice anyone to do so.

5. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    You have an interesting point of view on this subject. It just seems a bit pessimistic, but still, it's a very valid point of view.

However, I still have good reasons to believe that the "digital currency" is a part of the future. It may not be the deciding factor for the financial market, but it will be a considerable part of it.

6. SuperBugMan

SuperBugMan New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    The future IS Digital Currency, however it is NOT bitcoin.

If you look at the price of BTC, it can easily swing 20-50% in value over a matter of hours. That's horrible for a currency.

I'm not sure why so many people have jumped on board with the assumption that there will never be a better block-chain protocol released. Bitcoin is a first generation tech that has plenty of room for improvement.

7. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    I agree with you... Definitely! :)

Bitcoin is something very irregular to be considered the future of the financial market. I just mentioned it as an example because it's something that is very much in evidence these days. But I'm not too sure about the future of this "coin". :confused:

8. streettallest

streettallest New Member
      6/29

Blog Posts:
    Considering the nature of the world we live in today, i think digital currencies like bitcoin has come to stay. Though we cant accurately predict the future, am basing my opinion on the fact that we live in a world where everyone is on the fast lane; we want to do things faster, easier and conveniently. And i think this is one of the problems digital currencies have come to solve. We can carry out transactions without charges on digital currency platforms.
    Security that digital currency brings is another reason i think its the future of transactions. Its more secure to carry out any transaction on the digital currency platform than on the current banking system.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  9. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    Like I said before, I don't Bitcoin will be - at least for now - the future of the digital currency. But if the system can stabilize itself and win the confidence of the financial market... Well, the sky will be the limit for that "coin". :)

10. Scarlet

Scarlet Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I heard in a prophesy that we will have one government and one currency in the future. It makes sense after all because having one government really requires one currency. If it will be a digital currency, I don't have any idea so I will just wait and see.

11. Jameson

Jameson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I personally agree that the future is digital currency.Apart from Bitcoin we have seen the emergence of other cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum,Dodgecoin, and the most recent one,steem.This is a clear indication that people are interested in digital currencies and are beginning to accommodate it.However I think it's too early for people to replace paper currency. I think it will take quite some time before digital currencies are fully accepted around the world.In my country for example, trading Bitcoin is restricted.

12. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Governments are now wishing to go to electronic currencies, currencies the government creates/manages. Get in the way and you might go away.

"Crypto billionaires' subsequent deaths spark wild theories among the community"

https://cointelegraph.com/news/cryp...eaths-spark-wild-theories-among-the-community

"The death of four crypto billionaires within a month has caught the crypto community's attention. These deaths occurred under suspicious circumstances, and more importantly, some of these billionaires have raised alarms about being in danger.

"The death spiral started towards the end of October when Nikolai Mushegian, the co-founder of MakerDAO, was found dead on a Puerto Rican beach just hours after tweeting that intelligence agencies were after him. The next billionaire to perish was broker Javier Biosca, who was found dead on Nov. 22, 2022, in Estepona. At the time, Biosca was being investigated for the biggest cryptocurrency fraud in Spain.

"On Nov. 23, 2022, Amber Group's co-founder Tiantian Kullander, was found dead mysteriously in his sleep. Just two days later, Russian crypto billionaire Vyacheslav Taran died in a helicopter crash.

"Apart from these four suspicious deaths, another death made headlines on Dec. 30 when Mr. Park Mo, the vice president of Vidente, the largest shareholder of South Korean cryptocurrency exchange Bithumb, was found dead mysteriously in front of his house in the early morning."

===================================

Let us go back a few decades. The Tennessee legislature used to take big payoffs from the illegal gambling operations in that state. The Tenn government thus looked the other way. My dad and his mates greased their palms and went on with their business operations. The fix was in for decades.

Then the Tenn government decided to get into the gambling business itself, so they went on a scorched-earth destruction of all the gambling machines, venues, and operations. Many went to prison. Several men I knew, dad's buddies (Dad had already died), were hiding gambling machines all over God's creation. I know one barn in which they stored dozens of machines. Many/most of these guys were circa 70 years of age. Before he died, Dad had told his business community to NEVER hire me. He wanted me to go to college, BY GOD! Thus, I was banned from operations ... and got ridiculously over-educated. Edicts are edicts. And another thing, back in the day, good fellows were bonified good people -- the riffraff were shunned/dealt-with. Honesty and loyalty mean everything. One finds precious little of these attributes in governments. People get elected, go to Wash. D.C., get entangled within the machine, and then forget about those who voted them into office.

Governments have people to kill for them, above board and in the darkness. The Founding Fathers never wanted the USA to have a standing army. They knew that all governments are perpetually on the precipice of totalitarianism. I've witnessed raw evil. Human nature is sickeningly corruptible. Power is poison ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The one thing that is keeping us free in the US is that there are more armed citizens than there are soldiers. Add to that that in some ways those hunters may be more deadly than the military if it comes down to it. Soldiers are good at fighting other soldiers in organized conflicts BUT as we learned in Vietnam they don't do so well against the gorilla tactics of civilians. It would be a slaughter if the military tried to take over Texas for example. A man with a deer rifle is well able to hit and take out targets at just insane distances. 300 yards is nothing for a good scoped deer rifle.

THEN when they close in on people they have to deal with thousands of pump and automatic 12 guage shotguns. You also have to deal with thousands of exmilitary types with AR-15s andMini 14s or even worse in some ways endless leveraction 30-30 rifles. Military weapons are INTENTIONALLY designed to not be very deadly. An injured soldoer takes three men off the field where a dead one can just be left there and you only lose one actice shooter.

A 223/5.56 FMJ is not much of a killer where a 30-30 is totally designed to kill. A 30-06 is deadly at distances that a 5.56 is almost useless. Up close you can't beat a 12 guage shotgun loaded with buckshot. In a survival situation I want anyone that I shoot to be DEAD!!! In a survival situation if they aren't dead when I find them they WILL be dead when I walk away...

TMT Tactical and Old Geezer like this.
  14. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    ... and millions of civilians have served in the military. Civilians have night vision equipment (I do), millions are outdoors people, millions know how to forage and hunt. Lord only knows how many Americans are Scots-Irish -- i.e. won't put up with a lot and almost see fighting as a recreational activity. Skilled riflemen make for decent or better snipers. The latter has been pondered, because one congressman used to push for a ban scoped rifles due to them being the choice of snipers. The industrial and mining operation union men in my region used to use dynamite to blow-up factory electrical substations (in my hometown; textile factory; company tried tall nets all around & over the top, plus mattresses to dampen the blast effects on the transformers). Hundreds of thousands of Americans know how to operate heavy construction equipment -- they'll dig-up roads and railroad tracks to cut-off cities from needed supplies. Even farmers have backhoes.

Again, I will quote Voltaire:

"God is on the side not of the heavy battalions, but of the best shots."

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I am your modern day back shooter. I don't believe in "Fair Fights". Oxymoron. In a survival situation I will start shooting from as far away as I can see, thru my scoped 6.5 Creedmoor. When varmint hunting, I have only ever had to take a second shot to take down the critter. That was not due to a miss but to put the critter out of it's misery. A cantaloupe at 600 yards would be an easy shot. I agree with TexDanm, militaries are not geared to deal with Guerilla tactics. They rely too much on heavy back up support. Also being confronted by good snipers is very demoralizing to regular troops. Then there all the hunters with good night vision or thermal scopes. Not much fun when a sniper can take you out from 1,000 yards or pick you off from 300 yards in total darkness. Heck there are some civilians that own 50 BMG (50 caliber) rifles. Even the best body armor will not stop those rounds. A civil war in the USA would be a very difficult task for our military to deal with. OG also make some very good point as to the capabilities of the civilian population.

Old Geezer likes this.
  16. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    a lot of ex military in this country seem to be suffering from PTSD when they return to civilian life, many also seem to end up homeless on the streets if all the reports can be believed.
    I have known one or two cases like this personally.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I have only ever shot rabbits, rats and birds and targets, I have never shot a person and I hope I never have to.
    one of the conversations I had many years ago on the first forum I ever joined was along the lines of "watch out if you intend to loot a house post TEOTWAWKI-there may be a shooter watching you from a hidden location that you dont know about- you may never hear the bullet that kills you", or something along those lines.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  18. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    for anybody that is fool enough to buy cripto do you want to buy some nice land in florida ?

Old Geezer and TMT Tactical like this.
    1. Old Geezer
      Funny funny funny :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Old Geezer, Jan 10, 2023
  19. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Florida? thats a bit like the Somerset Levels I think? all wetlands and under sea level?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  20. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Actually, isn't it amazing that anyone would even imagine that access to electronic communications is a given, is an absolute certainty! To me, such naivete seems pathetic. OK, so my youth made me a died-in-the-wool non-gambler -- I know exactly what inevitably happens to risk-takers. I'm trying to set that bias to the side right now. OK, so I'm now thinking like any ordinary rational person (trying to be Average Joe). STILL, relying on e-"money" is stupid at its core!

My money has to be in my hands and certainly not at the will of others. Even our bank was established in this region. Its loans are in this region. It is NOT a national bank.

Used to in the U.S., paper money was a "Silver Certificate". One could take their paper money to any bank and exchange it for silver dollars that were 90% silver. When the U.S. had gold coins, one could exchange paper currency for gold. The banks in turn could swap their paper notes for precious metal from the federal government. In sum, paper money was NOT a promissory note, it could be swapped for real money and everybody knew this. Gold and silver are testable. Precious metals are difficult to obtain. There's only so much gold on the planet and silver these days is getting poorer in the ore being dug. Industry is eating-up the silver. Real things are what they are. Beans and bullets are also real and in an ultimate SHTF situation, what you want to have a lot of.

Due to inflation, paper money will inevitably turn into tissue paper. Inflation can also kill e-money. Just because e-money has done well so far means absolutely nothing as concerns its future value. Humans are stupid and greedy.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  21. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Once upon a time:

upload_2023-1-10_15-32-40.png

TMT Tactical likes this.
  22. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I am very much a gun person. In my home I am seldom far from a weapon. It isn't like I live in a place with any crime...it is just a habit for me to be armed when I'm out and have guns in every room in my house. I have at one point had a federal firearms liscense and sold a lot of guns. We did the local and the Houston gun shows along with ordering guns for people for a 10% markup.

When Jannet Reno got the job of Attoury General I got out of the gun businiss TOTALLY!!! in a HURRY!! She hated gun dealers with a passion. She treated dealers like they were selling illegal drugs!! She hit a few and I bailed. She eventually hit the people in Waco not long after I got out! That was a massive mess!!! She should have been procecuted for that.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  23. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I dont think the future is digital anything, I think its all coming to a head and "civilisation" as we know it will soon collapse.
    anyone who relies on technology, the internet and anything that requires a chip in it is in for a big surprise and a complete fail of everything that relies on modern supply lines and manufacturing.

TMT Tactical likes this.