Does This Seem Like......something To Pay Attention Too....???

Discussion in 'The Apocalypse' started by Sourdough, Apr 17, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
  2. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Exclusive: As Washington DC Faces Coronavirus Spike, Secret Military Task Force Prepares to Secure the Capital.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. BSHJ

BSHJ Expert Member
      227/230

Blog Posts:
    Perhaps so....if you believe in "The Storm" and widespread action on those thousands of sealed indictments and the silly hope that truth & justice finally prevail

Sourdough and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I got to read some of the article before the FEDS jamed my computer . I was an interesting read . As of yesterday Donald Trump took a desperate gamble trying to stop the financial collapse of the U.S. . Get people to return to work and enter a spiked infection rate for the virus or have people hunker down and watch the economy collapse ? I am not blaming Trump and he has my vote in November . It is one of those situations where either way the outlook is not good . Even returning to work to save the country it likely is only temporary as when the virus picks up speed in its spreading businesses will be forced to shut back down . We are watching a last desperate last gasp effort on the part of leaders around the globe .

5. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    Just another day in the zoo. Or rats leaving a sinking ship. I’m not exactly sure which applies. I guess we will have to watch to find out.

6. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Does it bear watching? Probably. I guess Pragmatist would be closest to Washington D.C. to know if civil unrest is imminent. How "Secret" could this military task force be if their movements are being printed in Newsweek?

There has been a COG Plan (Continuation of Government) in place since the Eisenhower administration. It would not be surprising to see some of these plans activated or maybe put on a ready status should things get worse.

TMT Tactical, Sourdough and Caribou like this.
    1. TMT Tactical
      The 'Super Secret" part was my question too.

TMT Tactical, Apr 17, 2020
      Sourdough likes this.
  7. Caribou

Caribou Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    I'm voting with Morgan. Nothing new here. They may be dusting off old plans and there may be something to it, time will tell.

TMT Tactical and Sourdough like this.
  8. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Sourdough,

A serious Prepper keeps informed whether knowing how to read the media or not. So, yes, worth reading.

Morgan already explained that this mobilization for continuity of government is not new. I've been involved in this years ago as a reservist. D.C. now has a different population demographic than the 1968 riots. It's somewhat safer now. Mayor Muriel Bowser is trying her best but she only controls the non-Federal portions of the city...translation: not that much.

"Important" officials would be relocated well prior to any public announcement about a specific National Guard unit. West Virginia might receive modified social distancing rules. I'd guess the "safe houses" of Maryland's eastern shore are for lesser officials - because hurricane season is fast approaching.

I liked reading the article's quote "No one wants to talk evacuation, especially when there's nowhere to go." ! I hold an old copy of the D.C. evacuation plan. I keep it with my magazine collector's items like my last remaining Mad Magazine and the Playboy Magazine issue with the center-fold lady who said she had intimate relations with later Virginia Governor and US Senator Chuck _____ forgot last name. He beat Ollie North for the Senate job.

The "National Capital Region" is slightly bigger than described. In effect, it connects the military's national capital region with Navy Norfolk. Note that Newsweek omitted any USN and USCG evac units !D.C. is like Copenhagen, Denmark - much water and waterways.

The mentioned Bolling AFB is actually southEAST D.C. - although it is grid south of Silver Spring, Maryland. If driving in area recommend the longer beltway for ......nicer area. I said D.C. is improving - but not completed in the improving.

Yes, the article was worth reading. It allows me to take a break from having to tell newby Preppers that they won't be going big game hunting with a cross bow or Weatherby in the cleared area right-of-way easement for power lines.

Sourdough and TMT Tactical like this.