Doomsday Bunkers For Super Rich Now Being Used

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Apr 21, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11444200/panicky-super-rich-flee-to-luxury-nz-bunkers/

Good afternoon all,

Per ...

Besides New Zealand, a couple of other areas mentions, eg South Dakota.

The set ups have one with a medical clinic of some sort but no mention of a dental clinic.

Greg Lynch needs a vacation / holiday. Things change. The skipper of boat Rainbow Warrior can elaborate.

Don't know what a "panic rooms" is.

Can bomb shelters protect against mosquitoes ? Who administers the flu shots ?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    These people have more money than good sense. I guess when you are billionaire what does a few million mean; chump change. All of these places break one of the Cardinal rules of prepping. How are you going to get there? You better be way ahead of the crowd. It's bad enough if you can drive. Getting to New Zealand? Good luck with that.

Pragmatist: Here is a little info on Panic Rooms. Not sure why you need a Panic Room when you are already in a bunker. Watch the trailer of the Jody Foster movie of the same name.

https://home.howstuffworks.com/home-improvement/household-safety/panic-room.htm

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    If the panic room is in the house or building, then burn the house/building down. "If I can't steal from you, I'll just make an example out of you!"

If the underground bunker is out in the middle of nowhere, find its air vents and block them. Or just bring in brush an burn the general area. Cook'em like 'taters. Later, you can come back and steal what you can steal.

If they've not build emplacements from which to fire, if they have no perimeter, no escape route/method, then they are sitting ducks.

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  4. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    WHEN you have that amount of money you most likely already have the support infrastructure in place. Keep in mind those peoples with the money do hire professional to do it for them. Beside I don't see much of a problem getting from point A to B even during SHTF when you have the money to do so. Using general aviation does came at the top, failing to do so there is always the sea route.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Morgan,

Was being facetious re bewilderment over panic rooms. Our Bug Out Places ARE Bunkers / Panic Rooms equivalents.

Had a good time reading the linked article by Tiffany.

I urge CAUTION TO ALL re personal use of any potassium iodide pills. Complications can arise if/when taking these pills. One's age, health status, knowledge about specifics of an attack and some important et cetra are critical aspects of this self-medication.

A panic room for a hurricane is both a false sense of security and oxymoronic. The hurricane winds readjust tree locations and the disturbed snakes slither toward the panic room's outside perimeter. Snakes are skilled at entries.

The mentioned high-voltage ... under the carpet ... also has an application to doors. My engineer colleagues tell me of methods to arc the electricity from the door handle / bolt lock over to the hinges so the overall door is "hot". I declined the free offer to rig up for me because they wanted to add an amp feature and that would be unethical.

Besides a BOP keeping one sheltered from the elements and a warehouse for food and water, the neglected component is a medic section. Our human body requires maintenance no less so than roof repair after the winds vacate the premises.

Again, had a good time reading article. Can't mention why I hold dear the name "Tiffany". Many fond memories.

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:

That's why you have cameras monitoring the perimeter and entrances, be it road, what ever so that you can get a heads up. The area with the bunker should be walled off and use layers of security much like a missile silo. I'd also have gun mounts in tress that I can shoot from a video feed from the bunker. I don't know if that is something approved by the ATF, but it would just be a deer rifle that operates mechanically where the sight is thermal and clear view. I'd make it wired and not wireless so as to not have it get jammed. The cameras and all equipment would operate on fiber optics to help avoid an EMP/CME.

I have plans for a house with multiple panic rooms that are disguised behind walls or bookshelves on all floors and a bunker I want to build. I'm a pretty damn smart fellow so all ideas will be on the table.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    don't like bunkers certainly underground ones, I like to be above ground and see whatis going on, the only time i'd want to be in a bunker is a nuclear war and even that is not certain.

8. MIsha Bakunin

MIsha Bakunin Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:

That's why you use fiber optic connected cameras to the outside withen a barrier of walls, razor wire, etc and have at least three exits/entrances to the bunker, but only one way in/out to the land the bunker sits on. At least that's my plan. I'm going to draw it all out in a home design program and drool. LOL The main theme of the whole thing is triple redundancy and then some in specific areas. I'm sure Mt. Weather is built on the same principal.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm staying where I am.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. NoExcuses

NoExcuses Active Member
      43/58

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.