Dress Codes / Fashion Law Article

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Pragmatist, Feb 7, 2021.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://nypost.com/article/how-these-fashion-trends-became-banished-and-beloved/

Good morning all,

Per ...

Speaking of clothing fashion and dress codes, the Prepper community has a doctrine called "Gray Man", someone who blends into society. Superman when dressed up as Clark Kent is an example. This is applicable to the ladies also. Louis Lane meets criteria.

If high heels were a sign of opression, they're not familiar with the feet-binding shoes of older times upper Chinese society.

A hooded sweatshirt a "weaponized threat" to school faculty ?! Ban the school faculty !

I believe the late Treyvon was shot because he was close to killing someone during fight on ground.

Article makes no mention of the regimental stripe tie nor the Rush Limbaugh ties.

Article makes no mention of fur coats and why only a few had the warmest, most desirable furs.

cc: Ingred Newkirk, Pres,CEO PETA, Norfolk, Virginia ad Washington, D.C.

Foot Note; Only when I first lived in Hong Kong did I learn the real reason the commandos of those elite Special Forces units of the Scottish Highlands wore kilts. As of this moment, don't believe appropriate to post reason here at MSF.

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Dalewick
      LOL! I'm pretty sure your right about people not wanting to know about those kilts. LOL! Some things you can't forget. LOL!

Dalewick, Feb 7, 2021
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    never ever been a fashion victim, as my wife will confirm!, I just wear what I like and what I'm most comfortable in, which these days is mostly camo, and before anyone says "not very grey man" it is every day wear out here in the countryside, most farmers wear it and so do working stiffs, I'm not the only one, someone in a suit and tie would be the odd one out here, of course in the city or big town its jeans and t shirt.

TMT Tactical and watcherchris like this.
  3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I see the point of this thread.

Never stand out. Blend in.

At least one of my great uncles was buried in his bib overalls.

Watch your watch. You may dress to fit-in, yet overlook that you're wearing an expensive watch or a specialized watch or a watch from a different country.

I polish my work brogans. Keep my pockets buttoned. Because of my early education, my gig line is always straight. Others see how you hold a rifle when inspecting it in a gun store (I can't use the word "gun" when referring to a hand-held firearm, burned in the brain).

I don't give a crap how small of a firearm you are concealing, a cop or a plain-clothed operative will know that you are carrying. And when you are NOT carrying, sometimes you will automatically have the mannerisms of someone who normally carries. Ever check on your handgun when you are not carrying your handgun?

And note that it is not just what you wear, it is how you stand, how you carry yourself. Do you look at people using their reflection from a store-front glass? There are those who watch how watch. The most difficult job on earth is acting stupid. If you actually do not fit-in, then you are in for some serious work. Button your lips, hunch your shoulders a tad (not too much), keep your motions slow, eyes down or simply not focusing on anyone. Even if you do give a sh##, do not look like you do. Normal/slow inspirations and expirations. Howz your peripheral vision?

Famous-name wet job. Guy walks into a diner/bar still wearing his dirty construction clothes and hardhat. Walks by a guy & shoots him in the head. Proceeds on through the place, through the kitchen; drops his hardhat, mustache, and taped revolver in an ally dumpster, keeps on truckin, gets to sidewalk, circles round, gets a seat at a diner across from this latest job, watches the police roll on it and people's reactions; finishes his coffee and sandwich; leaves. He never broke his stride. Another day at the office.

TMT Tactical and Rebecca like this.
  4. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Agree with lonewolf...I am not particularly interested in keeping up with an ever changing field..

I know with what I am comfortable and want to wear and am not interested in what others think or do.

I am also aware that someone out here preys heavily on peoples insecurities in particular here....women and works very hard to prey on their insecurities via their emotions. Fashion is just one aspect of this predation...for votes.

And as someone works just as hard to feminize the men/males out here...they noticeably become similar to women in being excessively fashion conscious...and trying to keep up. I don't have any use for these kinds of feminized males. They become to me like many women...high maintenance.

I am not big into jewelry and have been around several women for whom the Jewelry Channels are often a very important part of their lives. They have taught me a bit about jewelry but nonetheless Jewelry is not a big or important part of my lifestyle because of the work I know and do. Jewelry is actually a danger for me to be wearing. I don't even wear a wristwatch for the same reasons. Nor do I wear rings ...though I own both wristwatches and rings....

I do not like excessively jewelry ornamented women and note that many women are not that accomplished at wearing jewelry.

I know what I like in women ...and where and when....and find it is often not what is currently marketed to them.

But that is just me and I know as a record of history that much of this will change like the wind and I am just not interested in keeping up.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical and Rebecca like this.
  5. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I am an engrained survivalist from birth . Nearly all my life I have lived in woodlands hunting for my food or at least a portion of it . My dress code is derived from the wild game I hunt . The same colors that will let me blend into my surroundings but seldom do I wear camo . Occasionally people point out that I seem to wear the same colored clothing all the time and they are basically correct . My usual response when someone points out my clothing choice is , In case I need to evade federal agents I can step into the woods and quickly disappear .

6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I've always felt more at ease on my own and in the woods than around other people, partly because of my upbringing (only child) but also by personal choice, my late father always called me "the wild man of the woods" so I guess he knew how I felt.

watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.
  7. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    It's not the cloths that will get you caught. It's the person wearing them.

Dale

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Dale,
    At risk of TMT and Lonewolf moderators launching mortar rounds at me, HK response was "...because sheep can hear a zipper".

9. Dalewick

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I will admit, that was something I never understood on US BDU's was those stupid buttons in the fly. I always just figured it was because buttons are cheaper or quieter than even plastic zippers. But once they started using velcro on everything I had to discredit the noise theory. That crap can be heard a football field away.

I am curious about the new use of magnets for pocket closures on some new special ops uniforms. I would love to hear how well they work, pros, cons, etc.

Dale

TMT Tactical and watcherchris like this.
  10. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Did not know that about magnets on uniforms. Thanks for filling me in on that. You would not want to have that around certain equipment which is magnetically field sensitive. Electronic equipment's and such.

Agree about the velcro...I'd rather have buttons.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Another reason I don't like velcro - especially long strips of it like on some canopy with mosquito net sides of hammock -relates to my hand injuries from same employer.

Not familiar at all re magnet "buttons" on Spl Ops BDUs. If I hear anything will post it.

Maybe DARPA wants magnets on their BDUs so compass declinations can be worst than just inaccurate. If the inf and arty compasses don't work that well, this will require the procurement of a new computer system to determine what direction the sun rises from.

Dalewick and TMT Tactical like this.
  12. Dalewick

515/575

Blog Posts:
  13. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Dale,

The link is an award-winner !

Maybe the delay in getting new inventories to sell is because there's an electro-magnetic version arriving soon.

TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  14. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    velcro fasteners are only going to be a problem in a combat situation.
    my camo trousers have buttons but my new cargo trousers have velcro, not much of a problem as I generally leave the pockets open not fastened.

TMT Tactical likes this.