Earthbag Shelter

Discussion in 'Tent, camper, RV, or other man made shelters.' started by awc90, May 17, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. awc90

awc90 New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    Has anyone built their own earthbag shelter or house? I really want to build one on our property for a few reasons. Half of our property is in watershed so we are limited where we are allowed to dump dirt. I was wanting to repurpose the dirt we are digging for driveway, parking, and clearing into a storage building or alternative shelter. Any ideas, comments, or tips?

2. joshposh

joshposh Master Survivalist
      260/345

Blog Posts:
    I was looking into this as well, but due to the length of time it would take to make one, I kind of let my plans slip. In my area, you are allowed to make a dwelling 100 square feet or less without a building permit. So you need to check your local codes, if there are any.

But yes I have been looking at size and materials to build a small home. I don't want to spend 500,000 USD on a new home. I would prefer to build one out of natural and free material. Sand bag homes is a viable alternative. I was thinking about use blue stone in my area. They were once used in old roadways and I think they have some laying around somewhere, I just need to locate them and haul them over to my place.