Earthquake Prep Roadshow For Richland, Wa

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Sep 28, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.tri-cityherald.com/news/local/hanford/article235532887.html

SIDEBAR: EMA = Emergency Management Agency, eg EMA Director Smith.

Above link tells of a pending earthquake preparedness roadshow scheduled for mentioned area.

Article has some safety "tips".

Article mentions emergency kits being "Two Weeks Ready". We are making progress.

I have a few hard hats throughout my place. They're not exclusive for earthquakes. Falling trees are common enough here. Want to avoid the NFL concussion syndrome ! Would hope that new school policies include hard hats for the kids just like fire sprinklers and fire extinguisher. Just wishing......

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. Morgan101

Morgan101 Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Pragmatist: Not that it hurts to be prepared for anything, but I did not know Virginia was seismically active. A roadshow from Washington State is coming to Virginia? Maybe they are thinking the other areas they are skipping over don't need their services.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Morgan,

Much depends on "who" determines need and what "need" is.

Virginia experienced 3 small earthquakes in the last 30 days. Although nothing compared to California and the Pacific NW, Virginia - and West Virginia - is loaded with underground emergency operations centers for government agency relocations. This surely gets Virginia around the top of the list for important places needing max attention and resources.

It's the same for private-sector critical infrastructure and key industries.

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  4. Morgan101

Morgan101 Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    With all due respect. They go there ( to Virginia) because that is where the politicians are. My guess is your three earthquakes wouldn't amount to a fart in a whirlwind. What were they 2's or 3's? If there is a need by all means you should be entitled to the resources. This seems like special attention for an elite group.

CountryGuy and TMT Tactical like this.
  5. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Morgan,

"I'm shocked, shocked ... " Police Inspector Renault (Claude Rains) on declaring gambling going on at Rick's gin joint in movie Casa Blanca.

Special attention to an elite group ?

Not too much is new under the Sun.

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  6. CountryGuy

CountryGuy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    Ah yes, government bureaucracy at it's finest...

TMT Tactical likes this.