"earthquake Preparedness Group"

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Jun 29, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
  2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I lived in the SF BAY area during their last "Big One". Aside for some lost power and collapsed freeway, life went on. A few knick knacks broken at home, more damage at work and longer traffic jams. I saw a lot worse in Kentucky from tornadoes. In either case, continue prepping and the chips will fall where the chips fall.

3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning TMT Tactical,

You provided the ultimate requirement: "continue prepping".

TMT Tactical and Sourdough like this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    sounds like the OP has his head in the sand, 2 DAYS worth of food in the house and as for water "hope it rains". wow.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. GateCrasher

GateCrasher Expert Member
      247/345

Blog Posts:
    Those are all good things IMO.

Wonder if he's telling the truth about only having two days of food, or playing Devil's Advocate to actually encourage preparedness?

Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Gate Crasher,

It doesn't matter that much from our perspective.

Just the key phrases are what's needed, eg: "X days of food". The reader must use the appropriate number for the inventory level.

Of course the author is teasing readers to motivate them to prepare such as via neighbor email groupings.

Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
  7. CountryGuy

CountryGuy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    Guy is a moron who has basically given up on life. "Whoa is me. I'm a widower, hopefully my kids will come save my ass when I've just given up to staying in my yard eating berries. No reason for me to pitch in to save my own ass." Wonder what he's going to do if when the "big one" hits it happens to not be berry season.

I don't think he's trying to provoke others to prepare. I don't read this article as satire, I think he knows it's an issue but has given up responsibility for his existence to anyone else.

I think a very telling statement from this sheep is this:
    "...tide them over until a massive governmental and nonprofit relief effort is able to swing into action and save as many lives as possible."

He assumes someone will come save his ass. He better hope there are a lot of blackberries and rain.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Country Guy,

Different perspectives.....

Reading "massive governmental..." ...... If there was massive governmental and nonprofit relief efforts, his neighbors wouldn't be asking him to affiliate if even on the email list !

Blueberries or blackberries in the backyard: LOL

The author has some plans.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I read something more between the lines. CG: I agree he has probably given up on life, but maybe it isn't an "Oh Woe is Me" attitude. I think he was devastated by the loss of his wife, and his son and daughter aren't close enough to help. I don't think he is waiting for a massive government relief effort to help him. I think he doesn't care if he goes. With no family to take care of he feels no need to prepare.

It is very sad to see someone give up, but it happens every day. We have all seen it.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:
    I laughed when I read it because I thought it was a brilliant satirical piece of work. So many people who have their heads in the sand and loads of excuses for not preparing for disasters will relate to the story.

It was also a subtle warning.

Caribou, TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  11. Caribou

Caribou Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Thanks Grizz, satire is the word I was reaching frond just couldn't come up with.