Efficient Living; Whitest Paint Ever

Discussion in 'Efficient Living' started by Pragmatist, Apr 16, 2021.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-56749105

Good morning all,

Article about a new paint that is the whitest ever. Article tells of it's use on building roofs as cost-saving measure re cooling.

While reading link was thinking of Kodak photocopy paper that was 110% brightness. I don't think it was the cause of me generating more sales but it was easier on the eyes to read.

Article tells the good news that the anticipated marketed paint will be similiar in cost to current paints.

Article does not tell the bad news that the current paints are expensive.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    sounds like whitewash to me!:D

arctic bill and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    ROpainted into the cornerL !

That is funny, Lonewolf.

When I was on contract in the former Yugoslavia, I took naps on a table next to a wall. My field jacket - Fidel Castro style - got white sections all over it. Someone at the mess hall asked me what they were and I replied "State Department Policy Positions". Then added "also known as whitewash".

TMT Tactical and watcherchris like this.
  4. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL....Pragmatist.....

More co dependency on race.......LOL LOL LOL....even in paint...LOL LOL LOL...

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Just use shiny aluminum foil on the surface of something you do not wish the sun to heat.

Be careful of the direction of the reflected light. Should you light-up your neighbor's property or building, he might throw bricks through your windows ... or worse.

If the reflective light was concentrated into a point, you'd kill two birds with one stone. Light reflection would keep down the heat where it was not needed AND the concentrated energy could be used as a solar oven or the source of energy for a reverse thermocouple cooling device.

"Waste not, want not."

Passive energy: There's solar energy then there is wind energy. Windmills are rather efficient in the killing of eagles, I read.

https://apnews.com/article/b8dd6050c702467e8be4b1272a3adc87

Associated Press December 14, 2016

"Final wind-turbine rule permits thousands of eagle deaths"

"WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration on Wednesday finalized a rule that lets wind-energy companies operate high-speed turbines for up to 30 years — even if means killing or injuring thousands of federally protected bald and golden eagles.

"Under the new rule, wind companies and other power providers will not face a penalty if they kill or injure up to 4,200 bald eagles, nearly four times the current limit. Deaths of the more rare golden eagles would be allowed without penalty so long as companies minimize losses by taking steps such as retrofitting power poles to reduce the risk of electrocution."

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    All preppers need aluminum foil anyway.

How else could we cover our hats?! Without our aluminum hats, mind-altering beams from other planets and alien spacecraft would wreak havoc on our thoughts and feelings!

upload_2021-4-16_14-37-6.png

TMT Tactical likes this.