Emergency Prep For Kids

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Jan 23, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://waldo.villagesoup.com/p/gam...mergency-preparedness-service-project/1848608

Good afternoon all,

Per ...

The theme: "If you are prepared for zombies, you are prepared for anything".

There's a picture of author Ron Tufo, with his book on the zombie apocalypse titled "Stronghold".

I am very anti-candles.

Believe there's n o national protocol for first aid / field care for burns. Is "For burns, keep it moist" now standard ?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Justin Baker

Justin Baker Expert Member
      160/173

Blog Posts:
    I've still got my current First Responder card. The current burn treatment first aid protocol (I've included treatment for both major and minor burns and denoted which for which):
    1. Cool the burn. hold the burned area under cool (not cold) running water is at all possible. Do not completely immerse in cool water, as this can cause hypothermia. Or apply a cool, damp compress. (major & minor)
    2. Remove rings, tight items, and possibly clothing if it doesn't pull the skin. (major & minor)
    3. Do not break any blisters. (major & minor)
    4. Separate fingers and toes with sterile bandages. (major)
    5. Apply lotion. (minor)
    6. Bandage. (minor)
    7. Watch for shock. (major)
    8. Elevate the burned area above the heart. (major)

3. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Rustic type kids love to prep especially the males in the 9 to 15 age bracket . At least that has been my experience . Camping , building primitive shelters , and primitive fire starting skills is loads of fun for them . I have taken little girls with me to search for flint rocks for starting fires . They loved it , to them it was sort of like an Easter egg hunt . Most boys and some girls love to grab a knife and help gut and skin a fresh kill . They are at an prime time to learn the skills and ways of a prepper / survivalist .

Justin Baker likes this.
  4. Justin Baker

160/173

Blog Posts:
    I remember carrying around my boy scout handbook at age 8.... yeah, we lived so far up in the mountains that i never did join up, but darn it if I couldn't catch a squirrel, cook a fish, and sterilize my own water by the age of 10!!!

poltiregist likes this.
  5. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:

While you were doing all that, I was thumbing through Playboy magazines. LOL!

That's a pretty interesting childhood you have there. I'm sure if the SHTF one day you'd be very prepared for it.

Justin Baker likes this.
  6. Justin Baker

160/173

Blog Posts:
    LOL.. that remains to be seen! One step at a time is all I take!

7. robinwood01

robinwood01 New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    I actually found this sesamestreet video/article that I showed my kids, it is a great learning session to sit down with them. I'd recommend it - actually made for kids http://www.shrink-service.it/s/cjxhRi

8. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Robin,

Good move !

I heard it was a super product to teach kids.