Emergency Preparedness In Indonesia

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Jan 4, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://reliefweb.int/report/indonesia/emergency-preparedness-disaster-prone-indonesia

Good afternoon all,

Per ...

Wasn't sure if article about Indonesia or here when I read "practiced protecting their heads as a first ... "

Had once attended a meeting re disaster prep for old age nursing homes. The speaker said in case of an earthquake get a coffee table sized book - that is a BIG book - for person in wheelchair to cover her head.

I knew that most (over 51%) attending this meeting/seminar were there for the paycheck and had little to no interest in people, disasters or the nation. The whole place is Medicare-funded.

In a matter of factly voice, after raising my hand and getting the nod from the speaker that she welcomed my pending question, I asked:

"Wouldn't it be better to have the resident/patient put on a hard hat from the attached back pack of the wheel chair ?

At the time 3 area big box stores were selling basic ANSI I hard hats for $7.

About 51% missed my point.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Don't read too much out of it. The said NGO is sound like another doo-gooder-save-the-earth kind albeit in more religious type. So far I've managed to stay alive (thus writing this) without having any protection over my head.
    What the folks around here need is education & practical know-how on the nature of the disaster and how to better prep for it. So far I've FAILED to even educate my own parents about it :(

Just curious how was their reaction / respond to your question? :confused:

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

Most attending are employees that were hired for reasons other than merit and an interest in this type of work. Their overall reaction to my question was accepted as something not of concern to them.

The couple who did understand my point realized that preparedness matters such as helmets for residents and themselves would come out of payroll so they thanked me for the question and said it would be brought up at the next meeting.

I've been in 3 wars and 3 insurrections and worked overseas more than Stateside. I am still here and it's less about hard hats and more so about sound discretion and the utmost of prudence. Whether you're safe and sound and still here never having a helmet has so much lore to this theme, it is proverbial.

TMT Tactical likes this.