Emergency Training Camp For Girls

Discussion in 'Ladies Section' started by Pragmatist, Sep 12, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.localdvm.com/news/virginia/girls-prepare-for-the-storm-at-hericane-arlington/

Good evening all,

Above tells of an Arlington, Virginia camp for girls to learn abut "her - i - canes ". After the camp is a program for those girls interested in entering the emergency management field.

Above article is a year old but there are related, more recent, article on the web.

The Arlington program started in 2016 and since then the program has been copied in Florida.

Worth checking out.

Radar and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Sounds like discrimination against men to me.

Radar, varuna and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good evening Son of Liberty,

Definitely a valid point of view.

Of course, if the time line is continued, let us say 30 years after the camp and the emergency training follow-on program, there could be a change to the national labor force's death rate by sex. Today it is about 95% male deaths caused by work-related events.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Radar

Radar Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    Really. Is that what is the focus? No, the focus is, females are more likely to die, according to their report, in a disaster etc. Thus, training for females to strengthen them, increase their knowledge, life-saving skills, survival skills. Do men want to be surrounded by helpless females or strong females who can pull their own weight on their own terms?
    I think you were kidding though.

duke in wales and TMT Tactical like this.
  5. Sonofliberty

407/460

Blog Posts:
    Tone is hard to communicate in print

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  6. Radar

Radar Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    Indeed it is, so what is your tone? Unless you're just looking for a feminist to fight, which I am not. I'm just me.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Sonofliberty

407/460

Blog Posts:
    What I want to know is why the class is gender specific at all. So, yes, I think that men are being discriminated against here. If there is a tax payer supported course, shouldn't it be title 9 compliant?

8. Radar

Radar Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    Right on. Are boys going to be allowed to participate?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Sonofliberty

407/460

Blog Posts:
    Apparently not. From what I read, it is female only.

10. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    still sounds like discrimination to me, if it was the other way round we'd be hearing a lot more noise about it.

Radar, TMT Tactical and Sonofliberty like this.
  11. Sonofliberty

407/460

Blog Posts:
    That's the truth. If it were a boys only program, they would be up in arms.

12. duke in wales

duke in wales Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:
    So whats wrong with that? I thought you were joking in your initial reply, sadly it appears your not. Men have had a good run these last few thousands of years, its about time some men stopped dragging their knuckles in the dirt, stood up straight and moved on.

I bet you just love The Handmaid's Tale :)

Radar likes this.
  13. Sonofliberty

407/460

Blog Posts:
    Never heard of it. Equality should be EQUAL, no favoritism; especially not tax payer supported favoritism. ESPECIALLY not using tax money. Private groups using their own money should be able to do whatever they wish.

Radar likes this.
  14. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    See for Liberal sheeple, there is always an excuse for equal not being equal. Their concept of equal only applies if it is in favor of their flavor of the month. Males only --- discrimination... Females Only--- that fair and equal. Just more Liberal B.S. from Nanny State mind sets.

Radar and Sonofliberty like this.
  15. duke in wales

duke in wales Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:
    Your 100% right, equality should be equal...but its not, the world is still run by men who like to keep the little girls in their place so hardly equal at the moment now is it?

You'd love the Handmaid's tale if your real life character is reflected in your posts. Written by a woman back in the 80s, she's a remarkable author by the name of Margaret Atwood. The TV show is very good but the book is way better, watch and or read.

16. Sonofliberty

407/460

Blog Posts:
    Promoting inequality now will not bring about equality. You can't change the past. Affirmative action is a failure and so is quota setting. Equality of opportunity is quite possible, but equality of outcome is a farce.

TMT Tactical and Radar like this.
  17. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Agree 100 percent. Equal is equal or it is just more B.S. Score everybody the same or it is just Liberal B.S. Just like letting males pretend to be women and compete against women. You can see how that works.

Radar and Sonofliberty like this.