EMP Attacks

Discussion in 'Other Not Listed Situations' started by John Snort, Jun 6, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    We call them T posts in Texas.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    What make and model? Is it a pull start? It's not an electric chainsaw is it?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Oldguy

Oldguy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    An EMP/CME will set most buildings connected to the grid alight

Unless you have fire fighting kit handy and are there to use it the building will burn!
    With few firefighters available whole towns and cities will burn to the ground
    With no where to go many people will burn to death, smoke will kill many more and there will be little shelter, food or water for the survivors!
    Cities and towns will ignite forests etc etc little or no breathable air
    And the APOCALYPSE will become CATACLYSMIC

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Oldguy

Oldguy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    But they are a Y shape? oh well no matter

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    "Tpost refers to. A Steel fence post, also called (depending on design or country) a T-post, a Y-post, or variants on star post, is a type of fence post or picket. They are made of steel and are sometimes manufactured using durable rail steel. They can be used to support various types of wire or wire mesh."

894dfe9d6bfe0b34e0be964ea0943f3c.jpeg 894dfe9d6bfe0b34e0be964ea0943f3c.jpeg 894dfe9d6bfe0b34e0be964ea0943f3c.jpeg

The ones that we use here are usually the T shaped ones but as you can see there are a lot of different shapes used around the world. Regardless of shape, they are all just simple metal fence posts.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    I know of a few sites where some think many of those things are already happening.
    It won't take much to push them over the edge since they are balancing on a razor blade now. ;)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. coffee

coffee Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:
  8. coffee

coffee Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:
    This was written to lonewolf..in response to his remarks above. I like what you just wrote and agree with what you wrote. I hate what your cousin went threw. Some so called churches do stupid things. Coffee

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. EMP Solutions

EMP Solutions New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    Hi,

I would like to suggest for your attention the information about new book: "Protecting Electrical Equipment: Good Practice for High Altitude Electromagnetic Pulse Impacts Preventing". The book published by De Gruyter publishing house (Berlin) and can be ordered directly from De Gruyter:

orders@degruyter.com

For its breadth in scope, newness, deepness and practical importance of described protection means, this book may be stated as an encyclopedia of HEMP and has no analogues in the current market.

Addition information: http://best-EMP-solutions.000webhostapp.com

Attached Files:

10. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    wrong person.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    You folks do know that our government has dedicated teams who work 24/7 to break satellite access and control codes .....do you not??? This would include re entry vehicles....navigation systems ..etc etc.

Just a passing thought.

My non Ishmaelite .02,

Watcherchris

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  12. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    A common attitude I have noticed with some , those that probably couldn't withstand an apocalypse occurrence or quick to try to convince others that it just will not get that bad . They may be right , but just in case I prefer to prepare for the worst scenario . I prepare for a all out nuclear war or all out E.M.P. attack . Sticking my head in a hole and muttering it's not that bad over and over is not part of my plan .

13. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't plan or expect to have a wreck...but I have insurance both to fix my car, protect me from lawsuits and to fix me or my passengers back up if we are injured.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Tex Dan M,

Not sure what post you're replying to, but still, you bring up a risk-management point (insurance for risk-management) that's experienced a relatively recent major change in society.

Insurance can now be obtained for matters involving nuclear accidents.

16. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Russian General Slipchenko's textbook explains the great revolution in military affairs . Going on to say the possession of an E.M.P. renders enemy's military obsolete . Iran echoed Slipchenko's ideas on the tactic of an E.M.P. attack . --- On April 9 2013 North Korea sent it's KMS-3 satellite orbiting the United States at the perfect trajectory and at the ideal altitude and location to launch an E.M.P. over the U.S. . On April 16 2013 they did it again , orbiting over D.C. and New York City . If activated the U.S. population would have lost the entire eastern electrical grid along with much of all electronics . Coming from this region is 75% of all electricity . What seems to be an coordinated plan on the very same day as the satellite siting above the United States , an major electrical station serving silicon valley was attacked using AK 47 's . Why the Satellite was not detonated simultaneously with the AK 47 attack is still unknown to the public . ---- On July 2013 A North Korea freighter was found in the Panama Canal " after passing through the Gulf of Mexico " with SA-2 Missiles mounted for launch hidden under bags of sugar . -- source -Organic Prepper

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Yep, North Korea and Iran are loose cannons.

Our military has done a lot in the realm of protection against EMP. Critical systems are triple-redundant plus are shielded in Faraday cage structures. Industrial automation equipment must be protected because of MIG and TIG welding generates electromagnetic fields that can get nasty. Automobiles and trucks have some natural shielding due to being housed within the metal structure of the vehicle. Post-EMP, many private vehicles will still be drivable.

All that having been said, city power grids will be toast.

All of the exposed wires in a urban power grid are, in fact, antennae to gather energy spattered in all frequency ranges. The energy will be transferred into wherever which will cook any electronic equipment that isn't very robust. In my home, I have some heavy-duty UPSs; however, there are limits to what protective equipment can handle. We are yet to go to fiber-optics in the civilian world. The military and industry may possess a lot of fiber-optic coupling, but in the civilian world, you just don't see a whole lot of it.

Core functions in urban areas will be dead meat. Even natural gas and water pumping will be down. Repairing the infrastructure will take months.

Better have multiple gallons of kerosene on hand. Same with firewood. We've got blocks of paraffin and candle-wicking. We have iron cookware to hang over a fire. We have stacks of batteries to last us a while until we get into pioneer mode. Have a solar radio that I keep in a safe (some safes do double-duty as a Faraday cage).

Building Faraday cages:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=build+your+own+faraday+cage&atb=v140-1&iax=videos&ia=videos

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  18. Overwatch

Overwatch Expert Member
      185/230

Blog Posts:
    A faraday cage is only usefull if you have 3 of them.. Why you ask. well different mesh for the 3 main tactical frequencies used. Microwave is also a threat!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  19. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
  20. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    My faraday cage may or may not be sufficient . It is just an old microwave oven . The stuff I am trying to protect are inside E.M.P. bags and then inclosed inside the microwave oven . Really though even if what I have in there did get fried , I am not overly concerned about . I suppose my old civil defense radiation detecter and emergency radio in it would be my biggest loss if it proved to be inefficient .

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  21. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    What if our sun attacks us ...

"How the sun could wipe us out"

"A burst of plasma would set in motion a devastating cascade of failures"

https://unherd.com/2021/07/how-the-sun-could-wipe-us-out/

"The world began to end on 12th May 2024, though another 309 years would pass before our species finally went extinct. The apocalypse was not the result of one thing, unless that one thing was that we repeatedly ignored signs that industrial civilisation had become increasingly fragile, even as it grew ever more powerful. But our end very definitely had a trigger. A burst of charged plasma from the sun caused the sudden, simultaneous collapse of numerous electrical grids across the world, setting in motion a cascade of devastating failures from which humanity would never recover."

Old Geezer sez: The above is an interesting read. The length of the article is a short short-story. The writer covers several points that we have made on this website plus some other observations of interest. Me, I liked reading it.

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. TMT Tactical
      Very good article OG. Thanks for posting.

TMT Tactical, Aug 11, 2021
  22. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Meanwhile, our power grids are getting more and more vulnerable.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-...ture-Crisis-Is-Growing-Increasingly-Dire.html

Article quotation is in color Blue:

Despite promises of improved infrastructure and better disaster preparedness, governments and energy giants are failing to provide backup energy provisions to areas hit hard by extreme weather conditions again and again. As these events are becoming more frequent and stronger, how will the energy industry prepare for the future of energy provision?

The ongoing discussion over energy infrastructure resilience which is brought up year after year peaked in February in the U.S. as Texas battled against a severe winter storm that saw the electrical grid shut down and thousands of buildings lose power. Many across the state had to rely on generators to heat their houses to escape freezing temperatures for up to a week.

A significant proportion of energy production in the U.S.’s biggest oil state came to a halt following the storm, having a knock-on effect on energy output levels for the rest of the spring. Oil production is thought to have dropped by around 1.2 million bpd due to freezing pipelines and a lack of electricity to key infrastructure.

But could all of this be avoided had the U.S. government and big oil invested in its aging infrastructure long ago? Earlier this year, the American Society of Civil Engineers gave America’s energy infrastructure a C-rating score, suggesting the need for significant improvement to prevent future production cuts and potential disasters.

TMT Tactical likes this.