English Post TEOTWAWKI Movie. The Day.

Discussion in 'The Apocalypse' started by Keith H., Jul 25, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    looks a bit disjointed. movies are just " opium for the masses", its just entertainment, I would never base my survival on one, chances are it will be nothing like that.

3. JMS

JMS Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Oh God! It's an hour and 10 long. I will have to watch this tonight as I don't have time during the day today! :( This is the first I've heard of this film and really appreciate you posting it here. I will watch it later and let you know what I think. Thanks so much for posting it.

Keith H. likes this.
  4. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    You are very welcome. I am always looking for good teotwawki survival movies.
    Keith.

5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Thanx for the link. I saw the movie. Depressing. Not realistic for post-SHTF, save that I'd not want to run into a swarm of Yahoos gone truly feral -- I've lived in redneck central and there were counties NOT to visit. But cannibalism? I think between government cheese and the kilo-tons of cans of Spam existing out there, I can get to the subsequent year's ENORMOUS garden. (Side note: My rototiller started right up this spring, no hassle, no troubles, didn't even have to pull out the spark plug, might replace the plug anyway.)

One thing to share with trusted friends is the use of your tiller/tractor to bust the soil for their Victory Garden. Make sure, however, that you stay with your equipment (holstered handgun on hip, cocked and locked).

Keith H. likes this.
  6. JMS

JMS Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I did watch it and it was very enjoyable. The acting was good too but I wasn't too impressed with the filming of it and the lack of knowledge coming across. It wasn't clear what the actual problem was that they were facing although it was a good story line. I like the way they portrayed the distrust between the group and how that can fester. I'm meaning to watch it again at some point to see if I can understand it better. For the whole of it though, it is an interesting movie subject. I hope more movies do come out like this as it could end up making the robots think. (I think you know who I mean by the robots!) So I'll be keeping an eye out for when you do post some more to watch.

Keith H. likes this.