Eotwawki Or Shtf Movies

Discussion in 'Movies' started by LastOutlaw, Jun 8, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    There are so many of these and they seem to be sort of a trend of late. Here is a list I compiled of these types of movies that I have seen in the past. I will add them one at a time along with a short clip.

Feel free to add movies that you know of as well.

The first one is a Japanese film made recently called Survival Family. A problem arises and the family along with their community slowly realize that what has happened may not end quickly. Lots of realizations in this film. Funny and awakening all in one.

Survival Family

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Good Bye World

Cyber attack shuts everything down

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    The Day After 1983

Nuclear attack

Full Movie

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    The Domestics

Lets try to drive to the family's house after SHTF

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
  6. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I've seen this movie. It is pretty dark and has a lot of realism in it.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Bushwick

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Take Shelter

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Not nearly as dark as it will be........in a true Horrific endless massive SHTF event.
    Notice that all of his problems are other humans. Everything else he has under control.

TMT Tactical and LastOutlaw like this.
  10. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Right At Your Door

(Dirty Bombs)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    It's a Disaster

A group of friends together for their regular meetup and find out a bunch of dirty bombs have been set off.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    World War Z

Zombie Apocalypse

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    OK for entertainment but I don't base any survival plans on them.

14. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Especially that version of WWZ.

15. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Are there different versions of that movie?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I wouldn't base my preparedness plans on any movie. All are for entertainment in this thread.

At least the zombies are fast moving in this film. Zombies always seem to be very slow and shuffle footed. Then someone who is evading must fall and get caught by them. Why don't people simply #walkaway from zombies. LOL

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  17. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    zombies are fiction too, at least the brain dead type, what we'll have to look out for is the addicted, the infected and the dying.

18. Sonofliberty

407/460

Blog Posts:
    No, but the book is very good. The movie sux

TMT Tactical likes this.
  19. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    There will be a horde streaming out of the cities all in need. I am two hours drive time from any major city.

Old Geezer and TMT Tactical like this.
  20. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    unlikely any of them will get out of a major city alive.
    in the UK even thinking of it is unlikely.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  21. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    As soon as the realization sets in there will be a steady stream of people leaving the major cities like Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, Atlanta, etc. All thinking they will find food in the country. Gangs will decimate a lot of these people but there are so many citizens who will begin a steady movement outwards. If you think people will just stay in the cities and die off you are mistaken. If you are on the outside edges of any city you had better have a plan to move out ahead of all of them. The suburbs will not be safe either.

Old Geezer and TMT Tactical like this.
  22. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    in the UK most city dwellers don't know where their food comes from so the thought of them going anywhere is not just strange its ludicrous, and in places like London with all the knife crime they wont make it out alive anyway.

TMT Tactical and LastOutlaw like this.
  23. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    This film is pretty good. It is one of the possible scenarios people may deal with after SHTF.

MARAUDERS, LOOTER AND GANGS DURING SHTF, WROL, ECONOMIC COLLAPSE

24. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    The video does point out a lot of very unpleasant points. Some attack methods would be for destroying what they could not capture. Burning down the structure does not help fill empty bellies but a poison gas (pesticide) attack would be viable. Folks might want to have a gas mask or two around.

Now is the Golden Horde realistic, Maybe. Is it possible, yes. Should you prepare for it, I do. I also think the Golden Hoard thugs will not last long. They will take casualties and lack the logistics to support a constantly moving group. Transporting food, water and personnel is not easy, during good times, much less during real bad times. The thugs will attack people on their turf first. They will then move into new area's and continue to attack other locations but again will take some casualties. Their group will keep shrinking and they will have to attack smaller and smaller targets. Eventually they will attack a group that wipes them out completely.

What many should have gathered from the video, modern surveillance equipment will be the first target. Modern conveniences will also paint a target on your place. Non-nature generated noise will always invite investigation. you may want to review you disaster plans and see how it measures up tot the video.

25. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I have heard all these arguments about the Golden Horde before and i'm not a believer.
    maybe in America it may happen but not in UK, the road systems are different for a start, all the American roads I have ever seen, on films and on tv I admit, are long straight roads that stretch into the distance, but British roads once you get off the motorways(freeways) and major highways twist and turn, there are forks in the road and cross roads all over the place and many aren't even sign posted, Devon roads are ever worse with deep narrow country lanes, and just trying to get out of the major cities alive would be a miracle in itself in a WROL situation.

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  26. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I think there will be a Golden Horde, and some cities will be worse than others. The sheer volume of people crammed into small spaces will make the area completely unsustainable. Hordes happen now. Look at the immigrants in Mexico trying to get into the U.S. Look at the Muslim refugees pouring into Europe. This happens during good times.

Lonewolf, you are right. Our highway and road system is much different than the UK, and designed for mass transit. IMHO you can get much farther on good roads here. Some of the highways traverse the entire country in all four directions. There are a great many more of us, but your population density is far higher than the U.S. The U.S. has a population density of 36 people per square Km. The U.K. has a population density of 277 per square Km. You might have a lot more people find you than you expect.

The movies are made for entertainment. I will watch them for just that reason, entertainment, and maybe you will pick up a morsel here and there that might help when you are prepping. I don't watch them for the prepping value, or give them any validity.

Does anybody remember this one from National Geographic?

27. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I like the Mad Max films but I don't base my survival plans on them.
    The UK dosent have a pioneer history like you do in the US, we also don't have a history of evacuations, even in WW2 it was only the kids who were evacuated during the Blitz and mostly only Londoners and they were only away for a few months and returned fairly quickly.
    what we do have is a habit of sitting down and moaning a lot!!!

Radar, TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  28. NomadWill

NomadWill Expert Member
      240/345

Blog Posts:
    My all time favorite EOTW/SHTF movie would have to be "Dawn of the Dead (2004)" I know its about zombies but that was the movie that really opened my eyes, and I said to myself "I need to have a plan just in case something bad goes down".

29. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    That is the movie where the Zombies made the transformation from the George Romero, slow, plodding, walk like the Mummy, zombies into world class track star zombies that could chase down a car. I was never really sure how we made that leap.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  30. Sonofliberty

407/460

Blog Posts:
    Prime examples of people too stupid to live IMO

31. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Some of the big cities in the USA, will be hell holes. Those big cities in gun controlled states. There the Golden Hoard could propagate. 95% of the population would be disarmed and unable to properly defend themselves. In the free wheeling gun states, the Golden Hoard is going to be very short lived, as they leave the cities. The people outside the cities will be well armed and know how to use their weapons at long range. How many thugs have ever learned to read, much less understand the wind in long range shooting. These are the drive by thugs, that can't even hit their target without spraying 30 rounds, at 15 feet. LA, SF, Stockton, San Diego, Sacramento and a few other big cities are doomed and the people int eh suburbs around them are also toast. When the thugs try to leave Austin, or Houston, Dallas or Fort Worth, they are going to run into some fine shooting folks, with little or no understanding. When you got country folks shooting at you from 2 miles, I don't think that 9mm Glock is going to help much. In the end, the Golden Hoards will do some damage but will be a non-factor over all.

Morgan101 and Radar like this.
  32. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    one of my favorite TEOTWAWKI movie is Outlaw Josie Wales.

33. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Most will be trapped in the urban areas. Who knows what will happen to them. However, many will leave. Of the latter lot there will be over 50% attrition due to whatever. There will however be thousands who will survive and will engage in criminal behaviors to obtain that which they need to obtain.

Surviving gangs will will be dangerous beyond description. If you have personally known dangerous felons, then I need not explain anything. You know. This lot, one will simply have to shoot into them or annihilate them en masse. Empty 18-wheeler fuel truck tanks can be detonated (with aid of oxygen tanks) to scrape all things off the face of the earth for hundreds of meters diameter surrounding.

Among the gangs, there will be innocents the gangs will use as labor/slaves. These innocents cannot be saved. You may have to shoot through a child to kill a monster. You may have to listen to people scream for hours before they die. Such is war.

Why buy lots of ammo:
    > One must practice practice practice.
    > Very strange sh## could easily go down.

FMJ ammo has its place. Obsolete bolt actions firing full battle strength ammunition (.303, 7.62 Nagant, 8mm Mauser, ...) have their place. You may have to shoot through trucks, heavy equipment, metal plating, sides of buildings, ...

Don't make fun of the zombie apocalypse movies. Their nausea-factor can be instructive. SHTF events will result in soul-sickening, vile situations.

If you find the perfect redoubt, natural or created, you may just get to die there alone -- an open bone fracture, dysentery, a flu turns to pneumonia, ..., fill in the blank; stupid things kill. Parting note: When you go unconscious, you are much less effective in the self-help department.

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  34. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    The best things that comes from the Apocalypse movies are profound lessons in what NOT to do.

Morgan101 likes this.
  35. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    most people are too stupid to survive for long post SHTF, the technological 21st century has bred a lot of people who cannot survive outside of their normal environment, 80% of the UK population is Urban based with an Urban attitude, I know of people who think a tunnel of trees is "spooky" and are scared of the countryside, most don't know where there food comes from so how anyone expects them to survive once the supply lines are cut is anyone's guess, stealing food is only possible if that food is available, food supplies are finite and only last so long, especially once the imports stop. most wont have any way of cooking any food so will be eating it raw.
    then there are the diseases which will explode post collapse, there will be more deaths caused by disease than any violence(apart from in the inner cities).