Essential Medicines

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by poltiregist, Mar 10, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Most of todays medicines come from China . Their exports due to the virus is now at a minimum . One source I tapped predicts medicine to run out in the U.S. and probably globally around April 15 th . As preppers I certainly hope you guys have been thinking ahead on this possibility and preparing for this event . If you haven't already prepared for this it probably is already too late . The April 15 th estimated run out date was obtained from " the common sense show " . This is just another shoe to drop . We can expect escalated deaths and mental problems for some people . I suspect Trump and Team are already trying to resolve this issue . ---I wanted to give this issue its own thread because I didn't want it overlooked and buried in another thread .

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I have been preparing for the possibility of a medicine chain supply disruption for years . So this didn't catch me unprepared . I don't need a vital medicine but my wife does . I suspect though quite a few people even those in the prepper community never thought to prepare for such an event .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Poltirgist,

My complete agreement. A separate thread for essential medicines is needed here.

I'm conditioned to supply interruptions by the oil embargoes. I was working them both overseas and here in the States.

New Preppers miss the medicine availability issue because of their environment. They are products of the sheltered-suburbs and frequently enough - and sadly - never had large families with aunts and uncles and close neighbors to tell the stories of their survival ranging from extreme dental pain to stopping an infection.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  4. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I found myself in a spinning quandary early January 2020. The problem "WAS" that having not been sick in the last 35 years I had zero on hand to deal with this 2019-coronavirus.

I have two large truck loads of medical things for being chewed on by a Grizzly Bear. Yet nothing for colds or flu things.

Even worse.......I really did not know what I might need in the way of medical supplies.

Hopefully I have made a dent in that void. One interesting outcome was learning how little people know about this subject, who seems should have a deep well of knowledge, or at the very least assess to answers.

5. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    There are no people where you live.
    No one will give it to you.

Caribou likes this.
  6. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    For the last 30 year both parties in order to get the donations to their campaign funds have allowed big businesses to export our manufacturing jobs to other countries where the people have very few rights and are only slightly above slave labor. The interesting thing is that even though their cost of manufacturing has plummeted, the prices to us have not gone down. They have basically cut our throats in the event that we try to go to war against another nation that isn't a tiny mini-nation. If we ever get in another major war our lack of ability to maintain and operate our military will be greatly hindered.

Caribou, TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  7. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Already wrote a post on this https://mysurvivalforum.com/threads/we-need-to-reduce-our-dependence-on-china-now.8863/#post-68449

And I foresaw this a very long time ago as to how I'd prepare my bunker once I had the money to do so. I depend on a medicine, though it's not a life saving medication. My mom and dad on the other hand do need life saving medication and I need to see if they can get at least a few months supply if at all possible. Trouble is, the insurance will more than likely not pay for it so you're stuck with a HUGE! out of pocket expense and the greed heads charge an absolute fortune for the pills. My particular medication is quite old yet it's an asinine $50. Thankfully my insurance makes it free. It used to be a lousy $3.

8. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I instructed my wife years ago to occasionally skip or take a half ration on her medication so as to accumulate medicine for the crises that is now approaching . She took this seriously when I told her , if she runs out of medicine and we could not resupply , I would have to take her out to the back forty and shoot her in the back of the head . I kid you not .

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  9. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    OTC medicines are simple enough but in the UK it is not possible to stockpile prescription medicine, whilst by putting in regular monthly requests a few days or a week early it is possible to accumulate a short term supply anything more long term is impossible.

10. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I have medication that prescribes 3 dose's per day. I take 2 dose's. Every 90 days I have saved up a 30 day supply. Now multiply this over several years - decades. A second medication I don't take at all but save them for when I will run out of the other medication. Talk to your doctor and see if the dosage (quantity per day) can be increased, then save a dose per day or per week, but build up you reserves. I use up the oldest pills and save the newest for my emergency stock. None are life saving medication but treat my diabetes. The wife is on her own, as she will not alter the regiment. When her medicine is not available, then we will see what happens.

Old Geezer, Caribou and poltiregist like this.
    1. Old Geezer
      Me 2.

Old Geezer, Mar 13, 2020
  11. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    China now threating to ban all medical exports . Motivation possible oriental and communist take over of weakened and depopulated countries . Source " The Organic Prepper " .

Caribou likes this.
  12. Caribou

Caribou Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    I have been able to get my med refill early except for schedule two drugs. My insurance company and others are paying for these early refills. Check your's out.

poltiregist likes this.
  13. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Let them do so!

I'm hoping that one outcome of this minor epidemic will be countries bringing industry back to their own countries from China.

Should China do this, India will cry all the way to the bank. India is already becoming a major pharmaceutical manufacturing nation.

I fully support commie China nuking itself.

Caribou likes this.
  14. F22 Simpilot

407/460

Blog Posts:

If you're looking for a poison that will drop you in case you need that sort of thing. Then collect at least 50 or more apple seeds and grind them up in a mortar and pestle. Add water and drink the whole damn thing. You're dead. Now you need a TON of apple seeds so it may actually need to be 100 apple seeds. If I can remember right, apple seeds contain a very small portion of arsenic or cyanide.

Now to those idiots who think they can use this in a criminal manner. Be aware that the coroner does do a toxicological test. Now there's evidence!

poltiregist and Caribou like this.
  15. F22 Simpilot

407/460

Blog Posts:

Lets see. There are currently 21 B-2's in the U.S inventory. Send 10 to China armed with B83 nuclear warheads capable of 1.2 megatons of destruction. Now the bomb load of a B-2 is 40,000 lbs so we're looking at about 16 nukes per plane for a grand spanking total of 160, 1.2 megaton nukes raining down on China.

Start with whoo hoon first. F 'em! They want to pull their crap, we'll park 'em in South Korea.

poltiregist and Caribou like this.