Europe's Militaries Help Medics In Covid-19 Fight

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Nov 8, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Legendary Survivalist Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    thats normal, our armed forces here helped with testing and setting up the nightingale hospitals.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Varuna,

What I see CNN doing is showing that the continental Europeans have viable militaries - at least showing this to their readership.

My question is somewhat independent to national militaries.

Do note that there's a new flashy NATO HQ building in Brussels.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    They do have viable militaries. And also well establish Military Industrial Complex. If I were given the choice to choose between US vs European system, I choose European system in a blink. Their operational readiness level on the other hand is overrated

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Varuna,

You surely know about these European militaries. CNN surely does not have an audience knowing this otherwise they might have shown material on fashionable garden clubs.

Yes, they have a well-established military industrial complex. It is still insignificant.

Would you choise a European equivalent over the US THAAD radar-missile system ? Would you choise a European equivalent over the US M-62 nuclear tipped torpedo ?

"Overrated" ? Do the Europeans have any troops ?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    Apple to Orange. European vendors currently doesn't have anything in the same weight class as THAAD until Aster-30 block 2 roll out in the next few years, even then I still choose Aster-30 block 2 rather than THAAD. And the European exceppt France doesn't have & doesn't intent to develop anything with nuke either

BTW never heard anything of M-62 nuclear torpedo either. I don't even see the usefulness of using underwater nuclear these days other than to cover retreat, even that is dubious move if the other side have complete supremacy of C4ISR capability

The only advantage of US system compare to the European system has always been economy of scale & financing. In the financing part only Japan could match, while in the economy of scale only China could match.

French have decent number of troop for their need. They even have this auto deployed white flag whenever someone barking order at them in Deutsch

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

My replies were to the points you explicitely presented. You did not make your ponts with conditions.

You clearly wrote:
    - "viable militaries"
    - "well established military industrial complex"
    - "choice ... US vs European system in a blink"

Please don't discuss the future. The future is reserved for sages and fools. Please don't add conditions to your points. Apples to oranges is a condition. Visit Toulise, France, Europoort, Netherlands and Kiel, Germany and you'll see parts of the military-industrial complex.

Are you familiar with the battlefield of the European landmass ? Do you know that France does not participate in the NATO nuclear planning group ? Not sure of my French but check out "force de frappe". In planning terms, France is not in military NATO. Other European nations could be using nuclear ordnance.

Some nuclear armed torpedos can burst in the atmosphere.

If you think that France will have C4ISR, you don't know why Germany was selling submarines and missile boats to Israel.

You are wrong re the US military industrial complex systems. The main advantage is state of the art. Financing is via central bank debt. The US can destroy the planet with nuclear and biological ordnance.

French troop strength is like Estonia's.

cc: Maurice Thorez
    Herr Mayor of Greifswald, Germany

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    Apple & Orange are real hard fact. And as real as the fruits

They also can detonate in warp speed (in Star Trek)

And which legacy system (missile) have integrated ECCM hm? Lets not start with me elaborating much further details of what under the hood (circuitry & subcomponents). Not sure about the latest though, the sales brochure haven't reach my desk yet.

What movie was that? Sound like story plot in B rated movie

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      310/345

Blog Posts:
    The UK armed forces are going to be helping with the mass testing that is scheduled for Liverpool.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    How does the general situation in UK during the lockdown period? How the people there deal with the lockdown? I don't have any ground source in UK so I'm kinda blind in that part of the world

TMT Tactical and Brownbear like this.
  12. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    most reasonable people -like Brownbear and me !- abide by the rules but there are always those that choose to ignore it.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    How bad were those who choose to ignore it. Do they walk around with wearing face mask, or does their business remain open, etc, etc?
    Where does most of those who choose to ignore the lockdown typically happen?
    What kind of reprimand for those who broke lockdown?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    most of it happens in the cities as that is where most people live, its also where the protests happen and its where those businesses are that flout the rules.
    recently had a coffee shop in a city fined several times for allowing customers to sit down inside, this is banned, any business that stays open is supposed to be take away only.
    fines are issued as a last resort, normally agreement is sourced first but a fine may be the only option.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    Does the violator get tested (anti-gen at least) for COVID-19?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    unknown but probably not, testing-or the lack of it- is a sore subject in the UK at the moment.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      310/345

Blog Posts:
    Hi Varuna, it's as Lonewolf says, we have a few idiots that persist in breaching the lockdown, but those are everywhere. Generally it's pretty good. My worry is for small businesses, many of whom are really struggling.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  18. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    they reckon 5,000 businesses have closed down in the UK since the first lockdown started.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  19. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Varuna,

My above views on this thread have not changed; will still reply to your above points.

I do not know what US missile - legacy or current - have inherent ECCM. I do know every enemy target where US missiles are targeted also have arrangements for no or little electric activity for any enemy electronics to function.

My best experience with the sales literature is with ones having non-glossy covers. My coffee mug works best on them. Better than the sales pamphlets is attending the demonstrations. They're excellent social events with good food.

Haven't been to a movie in ages. Can't reply. Do note that President Reagan was an actor in Grade B movies.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  20. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    I've try to extend my sight using whatever cameras in UK, although granted I've sometime stumble upon someone backyard / lawn, or worse someone living room during my search (haven't stumble into anyone bathroom or bedroom yet though). Suffice to say I'm surprised that there isn't anyone wearing facemask in public space such as roadside (where people passing one another in close proximity), they only wore facemask when they enter any premise. Literally speaking there isn't any kind of source control or protecting oneself such as wearing face shield + face mask anywhere in UK. I did my non scientific random sampling from 5 UK cities and other more rural places. I can't tell anything during nightime because I haven't came into any camera with low light / night vision capability (which actually defeat their usefulness as surveillance tool)

I've also notice barbershop are all close, while news stall (newspaper & magazine) still operating during nightime, while what look like to be an automated factory still operating 24 hours (saw the robots still working very hard)

Seeing that most people there doesn't even bother to even protecting themself or serious source control effort by the gov't (lockdown is supplemental to other efforts) I expect to see further rise of infected COVID-19 case in UK, more so with this new mutation from mink of Denmark began to coming elsewhere.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  21. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    face masks are only mandatory INSIDE public buildings like supermarkets, we dont have to wear one on the street or in parks.