Ever Eat Something So Dissatisfying........

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Coputere, Jul 5, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Coputere

Coputere New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Ever eat something so dissatisfying that you feel hungrier after you ate it. What is the most dissatisfying meal that you have ever ate and what did you do after eating it?

2. ZoeZoundBarrier

ZoeZoundBarrier Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    It just happened to me recently but I have something for that. I keep a pantry full of back up snacks so the dissatisfied feeling never last long at all. A bag full of sweets and cakes will solve the problem every time.

3. rootle

rootle New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Well it's not really particularly survival related but a lot of the food in Uganda, where I've been a few times, has tasted so awful that it makes you want to eat something else soon afterwards to compensate. Food here includes a sort of mashed banana glop, corn roasted without any salt or seasoning to the point where it is as hard as a rock , ants and grasshoppers. Even seemingly normal things like chicken and potatoes are cooked in a way that leaves them dry and bland. It's some of the worst stuff I've out in my mouth.

ZoeZoundBarrier likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    nope cant say I have:pbut then i'm particular what I eat.

ZoeZoundBarrier likes this.
  5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Expert Member
      146/173

Blog Posts:
    Well I can't say I ate something dissatisfying when I'm camping or on a survival trip because food there is harder to get, but when I'm at home and I munch on some chips or candy I feel like I get hungrier the more I eat them. They have addicting substances in them that make you want to eat more.

6. richj8am30

richj8am30 Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Yeah the back up snacks will have you feeling better in that situation. I guess I run through them pretty fast, due to how often I try out new things when I go to restaurants. As soon as I leave the restaurant after ordering some horrible food I will most likely grab some Doritos, a Snickers bar, and a soda just to feel satisfied.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  7. tb65

tb65 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Not really most meals I've eaten are pretty satisfying. I know when I eat lot's of fruits and vegetables I feel hungrier afterwards, but I still do this because it's good for me. Eating snacks like chips or cookies are usually what makes me want something more. The only thing close to a meal that doesn't satisfy me most of the time is vegetable soup.

8. DecMikashimota

DecMikashimota New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    If I eat hot dogs that aren't in some way equal to Hebrew National or Nathan's Franks, I will end up rummaging through my wallet to get the real thing. Low quality nuggets, burgers or any other manufactured meat product that has the "mush" factor will do that to me. I would end up dissatisfied to the point I end up wasting money on steak or other higher quality meats.

9. katlarson9

katlarson9 New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    Yes. The most dissatisfying food in the world is diet food. Every single time I try to diet I end up cheating, I just can't do it. I have a better chance of not cheating if I just starve myself.

10. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Jellied monkey brains was the one i really remember it was good but omg the look of it

11. willywonka

willywonka Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Yes! For me that would have to be cilantro! I know, a lot of people LOVE cilantro, but I hate it! It tastes like really bad metal to me. I will spit it out if I have it. I have tried it for years, but it just tastes that way to my brain.

12. explorerx7

explorerx7 Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    I carefully choose what I may eat. Therefore I usually have something that is mostly satisfying. From the onset, If I believe that the meal will not be to my liking I am going to skip it.