Every Day Carry

Discussion in 'Essential Items' started by OfficerOtto, Jan 13, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. OfficerOtto

OfficerOtto Well-Known Member
      80/115

Blog Posts:
    I was surprised that while searching the forum, I can find only off-hand mentions of the term "every day carry" and no thread dedicated to it. Well, this is an important topic, because it's the stuff you have on you all the time that will help you survive!

For me, everyday carry (EDC) is what I have in my pockets or on my person at all times. I don't even count a go bag in this, because my go bags and bug out bags don't live on my back, they live in places like my office, my car or my home. Although they are close by, I don't always have immediate access to them like I do my wallet or cellular phone.

My EDC consists of the following (in order of importance to me):
    • Kahr CW9
    • Back-up magazines for the CW9
    • INova flashlight
    • Kershaw folding knife with open-assist
    • Ronsin lighter
    • Wallet
    • Cell phone
    • Work credentials
    • Challenge coin (it's a morale thing/good luck charm, but I earned it)
    • SpacePen (waterproof)
    What's your Every Day Carry?

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I think it is on here somewhere Otto. I rarely leave the forest so what I carry in my pockets is of no consequence. If I do have to go to the city, then it is illegal to carry gun or knife or any type. However, it is a small city, & we have a good 4WD to get us in & out so no problems.
    Keith.

3. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Keys pistol and ammo old timer pocket knife 3blades leatherman multi tool small brinkman flashlight all my coats have a small compass attached to them wall et with ids and hunting fishing licenes zippo lighter and cash

4. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Wallet, phone, keys, leatherman and a smile!
    What more is needed!

I have only ever had trouble when out looking for it, something I am getting too old for now!
    Weapons are not needed in this the "Lucky country" !

If you need to be armed you are doing something wrong and it is probably your location!:)

5. LilSoldierGirl

LilSoldierGirl Expert Member
      173/230

Blog Posts:
    IMO the most important thing to carry always is your wits.

All the guns you can carry won't help you if you go around with no situational awareness.

My partner was in Iraq, conducting a vehicle mounted patrol, and the patrol commander was literally asleep in his seat. He was the one with the maps. The maps and naps it seems. This happened more than once, it was reported, but the chain of command refused to send this commissioned idiot home. They were lucky not to catch any RPG's while Lt. Sleepy was catching Z's

6. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Yes i carry a firearm no i have never needed my firearm to protect myself or my family BUT ITS CALLED BEING PREPARED FOR A REASON IM PREPARED

7. Scarlet

Scarlet Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    My essential items for everyday carry are wallet, phone and bottled water. For medicinal purpose, I have a mint balm to soothe my headache and tummy in case I experienced those which happened sometimes , while, I have a rescue balm in case I suddenly have minor burn or cuts. I do also carry a hand sanitizer in case soap and water is not available to wash my hands. The last but not the least is a nail cutter on my bag which I guess is in demand because it has a lot of purpose and most people asked me for it.