Explosion At Federal Courthouse Portland, Oregon

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Jul 28, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
  2. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    This is escalating, and won't get better any time soon. They should be arrested, charged, and jailed. Nothing good will happen until law and order is restored.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Exploding molotov? Does it make any sense to you. In my experience things that goes BOOM usually came with a lot of serial number, batch number, etc. None of them came in as a bottle glass

TMT Tactical and watcherchris like this.
  4. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    They have been around since at least the 1930's. Sometimes called a poor man's grenade. Gasoline is usually the accelerant of choice. Take a glass bottle filled with gasoline. Stuff a rag in the top. Light the rag and throw it.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I was once chosen to demonstrate Molotov bombs of gasoline at the actual spot that was shown in the movie staring John Wayne in " The Green Berets " . As in the movie we had a load of politicans coming through to gain insight on the Viet Nam situation . I don't know how many expertly crafted Molotov cocktails I threw that day , " but a lot " ,smashing them up against a cinder block wall . It was a lot of fun but none of them made a big boom , just a lot of fire .

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  6. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    There was a interveiw many years ago. with Sophia Loren. She mentioned as a little girl remembering bottles of gas being thrown at tanks . Not sure how old she is but reckon she was around five year old when the war started, WW-2.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  7. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    If one aerosolizes one gallon of gasoline, the mix when detonated could produce the blast of eight sticks of dynamite.

If you could perfect the aerosolization of the gasoline into raw oxygen, lord knows what you could get. Statistically speaking, what you'd likely get is you getting your skin blown-off/burned-off, plus a crushed rib cage.

An oil tanker ship or a fuel tanker truck is most deadly when empty. The fumes are mixed with air (21% O2). Should one drop some leaking K cylinders of oxygen down into a huge empty fuel tank, that individual had best head straight for the next county, because when the timer goes off, the Earth itself will shake and a mushroom cloud will ascend high into the sky. Y'don't wanna be in that shock wave.

A Molotov cocktail cannot achieve this because the fuel is lit before it can disperse.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Maybe these wanna-be revolutionaries fancy themselves being back in Czechoslovakia, 1968.

upload_2020-7-28_18-20-14.png

9. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    The Molotov cocktails I used was crafted by someone else . They needed not to be lite . On the outside of the bottles was taped two little bags , One was sugar and the other I will not put on here . When the bottle busted the two ingredients would mix with the gasoline making an instantaneous fire .

DirtDiva, TMT Tactical and randyt like this.
  10. randyt

415/460

Blog Posts:
    Crazy Kurt Saxon from Arkansas made some videos years ago. He made a gas "devise" by taking a half of a gallon of gas in a gallon jug. Then a match head "devise " which was a chunk of cpvc with caps glued on each end, one cap had a wick and then it was hot glued into te cap of the jug. The cap was then put back on the jug. Quite impressive. Kurt had a very active imagination. He is still around but is in a old folks home.

11. randyt

415/460

Blog Posts:
    those two chemicals make a reaction for sure. Tere are a few other ways of doing it as well.

12. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Morgan,

Agree; get the wheels of justice running.

I am guessing that USG is factoring in the jury issue. They don't want another jury finding Reagan person of interest Hinckley not guilty because of mental problem.

These trials must be in a changed venue. I was listening to AG Barr at the House Judiciary Committee photo-op session and these people sounded less like Members of Congress and more so as members of a Politburo.

Morgan101 likes this.
  13. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

Yes, makes sense to me.

I've had firebombs thrown at me during the 1968 riots here.

Most did not explode but some did. Obviously I wasn't in the immediate burst area or wouldn't be writing this. They were made with a beer bottle, gasoline and masking tape sealing a tampon fuse.

It's more than a cottage industry of explosives w/o SNs, lot numbers, etc

14. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    So true. It was disgusting to watch. I was ashamed to see what happened, and you can rest assured if any of them had represented my district a scathing letter would have been sent.