"face Mask Triggers Coronavirus Hate Crime Attack"

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Feb 5, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Stupid. Be glad somebody is wearing a medical mask.

watcherchris likes this.
  3. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    So stupid...….beyond stupid.....can you go beyond stupid...???

I hate it when people expect...ie...demand you jump to their fears and insecurities.

I often have to wear a MSA Comfo respirator at work as I am asbestos trained as well as lead trained...and now also radiation and or contamination trained....gloves and sometimes arm sleeves....full anti contamination clothing/anti C.

https://www.amazon.com/MSA-808073-H...msa+comfo+II+respirator&qid=1581008241&sr=8-2

This is a partial face respirator. At times and on certain tasks I've had to wear a full face and hooded respirator to cover my whole head. Even separate air hose fed respirators.

Such things are not new to me...nor installing or doffing gloves in radiation work.

I have been injured several times ….and knew not to panic....for panic can often make things worse or lead to further injury.

One develops this instinct...not to go full stupid and or panic...even under pain or severe discomfort.

This is often my reason for lamenting a television and or movie education in runaway emotions.....as we see here by this fellow..

Two legged Ishmaelite wildlife.....run amok..

Stupid.....beyond stupid....and these people are voters!!!

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Richard Earley

Richard Earley Well-Known Member
      97/115

Blog Posts:
    The masks do not worn against a virus...

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
  6. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    So much for Dr. Oz's claim masks don't work.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The little cloth type surgical masks ARE ineffective. they are dirt cheap and worth even less than you pay for them as far as stoping viral problems. The N-95 or better dust/vapor masks are not cheap and do work on up to 99% of viral contaminants. The problem is that you also will need to carefully clean your hands with a good sanitation solution as soon as you are ready to take the mask off. If you have it on your hands and touch anything that goes near your eyes, nose or mouth you are in trouble. The nice thing about this virus is that it has a very limited lifespan outside of the host so at least there is no worry about receiving things shipped from China.

The N-95 if you can cover your eyes and face will even filter out tear gas and pepper spray. I have seen homemade gas masks made with a 2-liter bottle and an N-95 mask that is supposed to be effective for short term exposure to all vapor born issues.

https://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Gas-Mask/

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:

I just read that based the SARS and the other virus which I can't remember that is based on the coronavirius family, the virus can stay active on items for at least 5 to 7 days. Especially true for cold humid environments. Now this is the novel coronavirius, but I'm sure based on SARS, etc it has the same properties. Also, it's contagious even if you don't feel symptoms right away.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Justin Baker

Justin Baker Expert Member
      160/173

Blog Posts:
    This specific coronavirus (COVID-19) does not yet have a known "shelf life" outside the human body. Depending on who you listen to or read, it will be a short, or a long lifespan. Much of the speculation is based of what is known about other coronaviruses. Technically, they still don't even know for sure how it spreads. Best guess scenario is still in play.

j_coyote and TMT Tactical like this.