Face Masks And Their Pricing During Emergency

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Mar 3, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    varuna and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Sadly I currently do not have any mask whatsoever. It appear most people bulk buying them (including hand sanitizer) when the virus hit Singapore. Which bring to another revelation that I most likely living in a major city with plenty of prepper (that I do not know about)

3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Varuna,

Change the word "Sadly" to expression "Adjusting travel schedule and plans".

The American slang term is "Go with the flow". Do NOT travel without masks and hand-sanitizer. Even if not needed or required, there are enough idiots in the world that would think you don't care about the health of others. "Go with the flow" has a Prepper term: "Gray Man" ... that is blend in to the surroundings; don't stand out.

Besides Preppers in Surabaya, China, HK and S'pore have purchasing agents at key locations for needed items.

A delayed trip could mean better priced hotel rooms, computers, drones, and the rest, to include personal health.

4. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    On the subject of hand sanitizer, I think I read at the CDC website or it was Dr. Oz recommend that hand sanitizer needs to be at least 60% alcohol.

Problem with hand sanitizers is that they kill most all germs, including the good ones.

5. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Face masks are very ineffective at containing viruses. The way they do benefit is that the reduce the amount you touch you own face. On average during waking time we touch our faces six times a minute - this is mostly subconscious and you will not be able to time yourself - grab a window seat in a cafe and watch others for confirmation. We transfer airborne viruses by sneezing openly and into our hands, we touch stuff, another person touch whatever it is we have touched and then they touch their face - the virus enters via the soft tissue membranes (eyes, nose, mouth and to a lesser extent ears - also genitals, you touch them when, for example, you urinate).

So a facemask will reduce your own transference risk. Regular and thorough hand washing is as effective and I recommend that people wash their hands thoroughly regardless of any virus outbreak (how many times have you been in a rest room where someone has urinated and walked out without hand washing?)

When we look at the current trend for wearing facemarks we are really seeing a fashion/trend for social acceptance.

6. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    cda40ed01118fe2c848e380930fe3775.jpeg

Brownbear likes this.
  7. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    ROFL !

Snyper, I'm in an uproar for 2 reasons:

1. Above picture is funny.
    and
    2. Some here will go to Petco and get shield for their use. These fools think they can control their destiny.