Face Masks Go Back Long Time - For Safety

Discussion in 'Safety' started by Pragmatist, Feb 22, 2021.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-56085529

Good morning all,

Per ...

In a sense, face masks are like spats: protection.

Article is British-focused but related to it are the culturally-sappropriated aspects like US horse soldiers covering face with bandana. This was followed by Boy Scouts' copying this (when not making turniquet).

Not familiar with "steampunk crow".

Believe veils part of some wedding attire; good mosquito protection ?

The pictured 1938 General Civilian Respirator is ideal history to motivate newcomers to Prepper community.
    Thr police model is best. I believe to avoid direct mask-skin touching. The heat and sweating are immense and can stop someone from doing anything. Am speaking from experience.

The article "made my day" when looking at the picture of the dancers w/ masks. Next to the rostrum/pulpet, is a type of chair I grew up with.

cc: Lone Ranger, Zorro