Facebook Down For 7 Hours!!

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by lonewolf, Oct 5, 2021.

0/5, 0 votes

1. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    apparently Facebook and its associated sites went down for 7 hours yesterday, back up again this morning.
    can you imagine the howls of those addicted to such sites? what if it wasnt 7 hours? maybe 24? maybe permanent? I am told some companies only do trade through FB.
    its whats called "putting all your eggs in one basket", I know people who's whole life is on such sites, lose the connection and all their info is wiped, maybe for good.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    I asked someone who I know to be a Facebook addict, they claimed they didn't notice - yeah right

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Been hearing that the internet itself may go down for a long while and so too the cell phones...and by design...by a plan.

With that in mind..I ordered two more Tecsun model 660 shortwave radios and will put them in aluminum foil and then into metal ammo boxes...along with a supply of AA type batteries in a Tupperware container.

Amazon.com: TECSUN PL-660 Portable AM/FM/LW/Air Shortwave World Band Radio with Single Side Band, Black : Electronics

Have also put back three of these radio receivers..to compliment my ham radio base station.

Amazon.com: Raddy SW2 Emergency Radio Hand Crank Solar Powered, Portable AM/FM/WB NOAAWa Weather Radio with LED Flashlight, 2000mAh Power Bank, Earphone, SOS Alarm for Outdoor Emergency : Electronics

I do not have a Facebook account nor Twitter...or any such. I knew or strongly suspected what was up with those when they were created...
    You members make up your own minds.

My non Ishmaelie .02,
    Watcherchris

Old Geezer and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    if the internet went down for an serious amount of time then everything and I mean EVERYTHING would shut down, not just Facebook or internet forums like this one, but it would shut down most of modern human life, including the capacity of firms to do business, it will also shut down utilities like power and water, no hospital operations would be possible and some patients would die as a result.

1. Old Geezer
      Oh, hell yes. Banking goes down. The movement of funds goes away. Remote control of industrial assets will get hit hard. Society has become utterly dependent on something outrageously fragile. And the backups won't backup.

Old Geezer, Oct 6, 2021
  5. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Agree Lonewolf ....Agree

Been hearing up to 10 days...of shutdown.

Have been asking myself what is the difference in such an shutdown and the effects of hyper inflation????

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    10 days? hell, the sheeple would panic long before that!!

7. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    LOL LOL LOL lonewolf....noted...you point is noted....agree!!!!

My two Tecsun 660 shortwave radios arrived. I will prepare them and then put a wrapping of aluminum foil around them and into metal ammo cans. A Tupperware container with AA batteries as well.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    Old Geezer and TMT Tactical like this.
  8. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Prime example: I was traveling to visit #1 son. I pulled off in Yuma to gas up. The filling station had lost it's internet and could not take cards. Many drivers had to hunt up another station because they did not have cash. I did not have that problem, filled up and was back on the road in just a few minutes. When the net goes down, cash will be king.

lonewolf and Old Geezer like this.
  9. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    You need no Psych degree to know that those addicted to social media are going to go into clinical depression.

I daily witness dozens upon dozens of people with their faces buried in their iPhones. If you ever take a bus, notice that no one talks to anyone else face-to-face anymore -- electronic social media has replaced normal human interactions. People are much more likely to be friends with people a thousand miles away than their neighbors or work-mates. That, friends, is sick ... and profoundly fragile.

We've got our radios ready here too.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    My wife who is becoming more of a prepper than me, suggested a while back for us to put some cash in a safe. I have. No king's ransom, mind you, but enough to purchase gasoline to get us a good long way away / back to my home state. We keep our cars full of gas and I have extra gas cans in a cubby behind the house (with fire protection equip). I also have water tanks. We could pack and roll on short notice. I've got BIG ammo crates (artillery shell crates) on big casters/wheels. Too, I am fully equipped with my natural Southern Appalachian accent and thus less likely to get my butt shot-off passing through and entering my Homeland. I also kept my license plates from my home state. I have my maps for the back-roads and have scouted those roads, because interstate and large highways in-state will be jam-packed with people thinking they can get out. I've driven roads that started out as logging roads. My four-wheeler just may come in handy. I'll take the rice-rocket as a fuel car and dump it if I have to. I've scouted the little towns betwixt and between. Large towns I'll avoid like the plague.

The part of this state where we live now is a nice place with lots of agriculture and wilderness; however, if masses of sh##-people from urban areas head this way, we'll have to bug out. Big cities are only 100/150 miles away = not good. I don't think these locals will take up arms against the masses. The people where I'm from are not to be messed with in any way. They WILL open fire on outsiders. I love them with all of my heart, but they can get "different". Seen them in action.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I always carry enough cash to get me to where I want to go. The cards are more for record keeping, than need. Easier to read a monthly statement than fill in a spreadsheet. If needed, I could /would dump the cards and never miss them. We now pull all of our extra money out of our bank account each month. We keep a small fire proof (if such really exists) safe with our cash and important papers. That is our grab and go bag, get out of dodge now load out. We will not bug out unless there is an immediate threat we can't deal with. Then we grab the weapons, the safe, the ammo cans and boogie. Everything is insured, so no need to try and save anything, not needed for defense or transportation. We keep an emergency kit in the vehicle at all times. So it would take all of 5 minutes to be loaded and on the road in an emergency evac.

watcherchris and poltiregist like this.
  12. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Gassed up my car and truck today. I am also trying to keep my cans for my scooters filled up and not let them get too low and for too long. What is that thing some members describe...that spider sense telling me to do this...and keep track.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    i very rarely Facebook, there are some sites i go to to see who is still alive from my old town.
    Maybe once every other month.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I closed my FB account a few years ago. The wife has her account going, so I do see the pic's when the kids post but I don't have to read all the posts from all the stupid people.

watcherchris likes this.
  15. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I had a Facebook account but closed it years ago, I got bored of reading what people did, where they went, and who went with them, wife has an account but thats mostly for her research.​