Facing Facts. What Will It Take?

Discussion in 'The Apocalypse' started by Keith H., May 27, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    teaching kids to play war and familiarizing them with guns at an early age can save their lives . when I was in military training they dumped several hundred of us off in the woods and handed us daisy BB guns to have a free for all gun fight . It was their mistake to hand me something like that ,I had been practicing with a similar BB gun since I was small child . it was one of my funniest days ever . I shot about everybody in the woods but never got shot myself until late that evening they got tired of my endless slaughter . they set up a trail for me to walk down with snipers hid along the way , killed all the snipers until I missed seeing one hidden behind an uprooted tree , he shot me in the back .

Tierra likes this.
  2. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The emasculation of the West has been quite intentional.

Fortunately, human genetics won-out and that evil effort was not totally effective. The social attack on cities was very successful however and today many, if not most, cities are as useless as if they had been razed by nuclear bombs. Some manufacturing still exists in some cities, yet the workers and engineers for those facilities will be at horrid risk when it hits the fan. All countries have plans to protect core industries and the personnel who support those industries. How effective those plans? We are going to find out the hard way.

What will it be that which sets it all off? What will push over the first dominoes?

I hear Satan laughing.

3. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    my plan is to keep a close watch of the news , i hope be be one of the first one to know that IT has started. when that happens to leave my city home and travel by car to my place in the country where i have stockpiled all sortes of supplies, guns , ammo, seeds ,farming stuff, fire woods, fishing and hunting and trapping stuff . once there i can survive for many months or more depending on the time of year. I realise there are several flaws with this plan,
    1) must keep the car gassed up at all times , never go below 1/2 tank.
    2) i must be one of the first out of the city, if everyone leaves at the same time there will be a grid lock traffic jam.
    3) a lot depends on the time of year, if it happens in the spring life will be a dream, i can get a crop it and later get a moose or bear or deer for winter . but if it happen in the beginning of winter , life will be hard, i will be using up firewood and kerosene and food stocks like crazy .

4. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    your right about an early winter apocalyptic situation being an worst case scenario . therefore that is the most likely period a hostile actor would choose .an unintentional apocalyptic crises caused by nature is a different matter .

TexDanm likes this.
  5. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    WOW, I had never thought in that way. Where I live the winters are so mild that it really isn't ever a survival issue. If the power goes off and the local government services go down during a heavy winter snow a lot of people are going to freeze in a hurry and leaving on roads without any plows working is going to be a mess! I guess you had better be ready to head out either on skis or snow shoes.

What kind of range can you get from a snowmobile? All of this is foreign to me but a very interesting problem to consider. I can see a one favorable thing in this though. If you are prepared for this and have wood or fuel to last it is going to thin out the problem of gangs and thugs in a hurry.

6. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    exactly why I get a winters supply of fire wood up early every year . Got my crosscut saws ready if necessary , I am not going to bet my life that my chain saw will run or can get fuel for the saw .

7. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I wonder how many other preppers on here have a milk animal . I have a Nubian milk goat that gives at highet of milk production about three quarters of a gallon per day . she can be feed things other animals wouldn't eat . She is high in my prepping survival plan .

8. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    snowmobile would be the same as a car, how much fuel have you got? once the power is down and the gas stations are empty probably as much as is in the tank.
    winters is my location are mild but the ground in the winter is very wet, go 5ft off the track and you will sink up to your knees, you certainly aren't putting up a tent on it, and all the wood is wet so no fire either.

9. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    women folk in our survival group canning up crab apple jelly this week . Tastes a lot better than that store bought stuff .

10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    most fresh stuff tastes better than commercially made stuff!!:p its what they add to it you've got to watch out for!:D

11. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Absolutely spot on poltergeist, the 1918 flu pandemic killed 50,000,000 people and that was just a naturally occurring bird/swine flu mutation. With international mass transport the potential for a pandemic to quickly spread worldwide is far greater these days. We may be stupid enough to kill ourselves off in some other way first but a global pandemic is probably the most likely scenario.

12. Oldguy

Oldguy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    What kind of range can you get from a snowmobile?

Zero around here:) never had snow and never likely to.

Around here winter minimums are around 10C and mostly dry basicly great weather!
    Summer minimums are around 25c and daytime temps are in the high thirties C and afternoon storms are the norm.
    Only firewood needed is for cooking and stuff grows nearly all year.

13. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    That is mostly how it is in South East Texas. We never have enough snow for much of anything except a snow angel about once every 10 years. I guess that for people like me that live in a hot area the worry of global warming doesn't mean much. As near as I can tell the "warming" is mostly in the colder places. Our summers have not been especially hot over the last years and personally I can tell you from experience that 100 degrees Fahrenheit isn't the end of the world! A few years ago we had 115 for almost 2 weeks. The only thing it did was made us spend more time in the pool. Life went on with no problem.

I think that a lot of the problem and panic about global warming is that people that don't live where it gets seriously hot can't imagine living with that kind of heat just as someone like me can't imagine living whee it snows like it does in Canada and the Northern Central states like around the great lakes. If we get an inch of snow here they close the schools and tell people to stay at home unless the just HAVE to get out. The ditches will be full of cars from the people that went out anyway. We just don't have any experience with driving on snow or ice.

Facing the facts about a lot of things starts with facing the reality that people CAN adapt even if they are not going to like it. It is the refusal to do this that makes any sort of potential problem quickly become a disaster. The storms kill people because they won't leave and they build in places that are just stupid to build a house on the ground. In California that build on hills that burn and yet refuse to cut out the brush. Animals live there and might be inconvenienced.

The problem in most of the first world countries is that it has been a long time since the herd got thinned. For almost a hundred years in the US survival of the fittest meant who could have the most kids that the rest of the people would then support. No matter what, at some point people are going to just be too stupid to keep our civilization running and then the stupid will die. Unfortunately at the current rate that means about 85% are basically dead people walking. Give it another few generations and it is going to be more like 95% to 99%.

14. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    we are lucky here if we get snow 1year in 10 and then its not much more than a light dusting, it gets worse the further north you go.
    it makes me laugh, when we do get a cold winter, the first time we get a snow flurry the whole country seems to grind to a halt.

15. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    I am ready for winter, I have 7 cords of dried firewood. 2 1/2 gallons of premixed gas for chainsaw, 3 snow sleds, i just overhauled all my snowshoes ( 4 pairs ) by fixing the webbing and then varnishing to stiffen up the webbing. Ice auger ready, ice fishing all ready ,snow shovels by the door, and ladder installed up to the second floor. by the way i have already started shoveling snow last week . I learned a new trick called barreling. you go to a softwood tree that you are going to be used for firewood that is still alive and remove all the bark from 3-4 feet all around the base and just let it die, over winter it will dry out and then when you want it just go and drop it in the snow , cut it up and then put it on your sledge and haul it back to cabin for use. It is very easy to haul heavy things in a snow sledge , one person can easily pull another relatively easily as long as it is not up a steep hill .

poltiregist likes this.
  16. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I wouldn't lose any sleep over it but 18 U.S. volcanoes has recently been classified to a very high threat level due to unusual activity .

17. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    the information on the volcanoes came up on a computer pop up , can't seem to bring it back up . I question the number being 18 . That seems to be way too many . Just returned from the Yellowstone , they were also talking about unusual and more active than normal activity .

18. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  19. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    thanks for the information Tex I was beginning to think I had been duped by fake news . At least in part was given bad information .

20. Tierra

Tierra New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    What do you do if you live in the city?

21. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't know.

I guess, go with God.

God isn't any bearded old fart in the sky. Divinity is exalted infinitely beyond the petty human personality. That which we refer to as "mind" is but a bauble of the Eternal Beatitude. Divinity is the Light of Evolution and singular Order.

It would appear that in this spiritual cancer-laden age, the inhabitants of urban areas have turned their back on The Light. Do not live in places where live the damned. Shun the people and shun the place. If you have the ability, leave. If you do not have the ability, leave.

"But his [Lot] wife looked back from behind him, and she became a pillar of salt."

22. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't put my faith or trust in some omnipotent being in the sky, like they used to say on a 50s American cop show " I deal in facts, friend".

23. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Just recently sharpened my Sthil chainsaw blade....and also my blade on my electric chain saw.

Something was telling me It was long overdue.

I keep a 2 cycle gas mix available in quantity for this chain saw...also my 2 cycle generators...as well as a 2cycle moped.

But slower manual systems are available as back up or mains if need be.

If you live in the city ...you need to think it through further...much much further.

Wow lonewolf...

You need to be very careful about facts...today they are often altered and or skewed for political/social reasons/control.

We have discovered this through certain aspects of two recent desert wars....that the facts were not all there and this is getting worse..

For those in the know...much of our history books are also skewed..altered In the facts arena....and for reasons of control...ie....herding the sheeple.

I know that there have been certain people in this country who have researched the facts not often given to people....and spoken out about them..to public audiences....

Some of these people have been put into jails for speaking the truth about what they know.

And I know it is being done currently in the UK...to people who would speak out the truth with the internationalist agenda taking place there. Same thing on the continent.

I find it very interesting that America has now become one of the biggest producers of Oil in the world...

In years past we were told that there was a severe shortage of oil.

I happen to know that the Alaska oil fields are huge...and I mean huge...and most of this is kept from the knowledge of Americans.

I also believe that someone is planning the collapse of the House of Saud....Saudi Arabia.

Can I prove this...no...not at all...just a suspicion going on in the back of my head.

But history will play this out over time.

Thanks,
    Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    poltiregist likes this.
  24. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    absolutely correct on the fabricated history . I am old enough to have to be in places and time that kids are now taught in their history books. Most is partial true mixed with pure fabrications and left out facts to make it socially acceptable . The people have been taught so much crap that it would blow their minds to know the truth .it really makes me angry to witness the fake history being taught . I was brought up thinking history being taught was true . I was certainly ignorant on that . If you want to learn the truth about the black slave trade I suggest you read the book "The Slave Ship " by Marcus Rediker . Have you ever wondered why in the U.S. they had separate water fountains for blacks and whites ? I know .

25. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I believe "The Oil Age" will be but a blink in human history, there may seem to be lots and lots of it about but there are lots and lots more people using it, and why do they bother extracting SHALE oil if the crude stuff is so prolific? does make me think its not all so cut and dried as most seem to think.

26. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:

A good portion of the slave trade was carried out by English merchants on the high seas for profit. Not only was this trade carried out to America but also to the Caribbean Crown Colonies.....again a carefully covered up piece of history.

To my knowledge...the reason the Crown Merchants gave up slavery ....as a profitable business...is that they found a much better way to make slaves....more profit and less overhead costs.

Opium.

The Opium wars were carried out not to stop Opium..but to promote it and maintain it's profitability for the Crown Merchants of the day.

But this is not how the history books read.....unless you step out of the standard M1A version of history shoveled out to an unthinking populace.

It is great poltiregist....that you know sufficient to put a big question mark in front of what passes for news and history today.

I was quite shocked to learn that much of what I got in public schools was pure "Gaslighting" for social and political herding reasons......herding like cattle.

It took a number of years to break out of it ...and also some good teachers.

The "Not An Ishmaelite" on my sign off Signature...means not in bondage....

For one of the indexes or fingerprints of of an Ishmaelite system in operation is Herding the people...by "Fake and or false news and history....meaning public school...and or a television and or movie education.

You can tell many of these people because when you ask them a deep question requiring thought and careful consideration ...they often quote a movie or television program they have watched.
    They have little thoughts or experiences of their own.....and don't even realize this.
    They are thinking someone else's thoughts ..someone else's emotions....someone else's ideas..and know it not.

The very frightening thing about these people....poltiregist....is that they are often voters.

Understand now....as to how deep goes this rabbit hole ????

My Non Ishmaelite .02,

Watcherchris

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  27. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Shale Oil is extracted because more and more of the usable oil is being found in more and more remote places on the earth. Thus raising costs to get the equipment there..the people and maintain all.

If you examine the shale oil extraction taking place all across certain places in the USA..these are very small and minimally manned stations set up often on farmland.

You can see them in northern Oklahoma....Kansas...etc etc....they literally dot the farmscape.

Minimal manning...minimal costs/expenses...once the system is set up on peoples property.

If you read carefully much of what passes for history today....the wars are often a cover for developing the oil and or natural gas in certain places on this globe. Then when the fields are discovered and known...mapped out......

Then the wars are shut down....and a seemingly hostile government is put in place...like a Communist or radical Islamic government to insure that the oil/natural gas remains in the ground...untouched...and all competitors remain out....with this form of hostile government.

In essence these hostile forms of government mean that the resources are essentially in storage because the country is in storage under these types of governments...and thus competitors are kept out....by design...by a plan.

This is what happened in Vietnam.

When certain natural resources are discovered ...in certain nations and among certain people...instability soon follows....and so too do drugs..

For some reason ...drugs and oil seem to be related.

I suspect via banking.

My non Ishmaelite .02,

Watcherchris

28. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    when SHTF there will be "oil wars" for the remaining resources and I believe the US will be top of the queue for those resources. TEOTWAWKI will be the result of these oil wars.

29. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    There is a huge oil and gas discovery off shore of Equador...Peru...etc etc. I predict instability taking place there.

One of these countries has heavy Japanese influence in running their government...the Japanese want the resources in a country without oil. They will come into conflict with others desiring control of these resources. Instability and even revolution...civil war.

There is a huge off shoe discovery of oil and natural gas...all along the Mediterranean Sea from North Africa up to Syria...and also off the coast of Israel.

Perhaps now all the instability manufactured in Egypt and Libya makes more sense. Maneuvering to control the oil and gas by controlling certain nations.

Someone more powerful than the USA wants to topple Assad of Syria ...because he does not want a pipeline through
    Syria carrying oil and natural gas..to Europe because it will lower the value of Natural gas via Syria's good friends the Russians. Russia currently has a monopoly on natural gas into western Europe.

So someone in the West is trying to create chaos ...even if it means loss of thousands and thousands of lives and huge influx of refugees into Europe.....because of the manufactured war instability.

Someone in the West wants Assad to fall ..for profit...lucre.

I came to this a couple of years ago....via some help from thinkers I know.

There is far more oil on this planet than someone wants us to know...natural gas as well.

See Lindsey Williams..."The Energy Non Crisis."

However....this does not include the inventiveness of man.

I also believe there are and have been a Host of inventions suppressed and prevented from coming on the market to maintain dependence on oil and natural gas. Thus keeping people and nations in a type of social and economic bondage.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris