Fad prep foods are very inefficient

Discussion in 'Finding, Identifying, and Preparing Food' started by lucidcuber, May 30, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. lucidcuber

lucidcuber New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I was given a box of 'survival bars' for £10, basically a box full of these edible squares of fat and soy protein. Turns out the entire pack was just 2,500 calories, essentially £5/day for food.

Anything else goes cheaper than this, and it appears to be such a marketing ploy really, when porridge oats, chickpeas and beans could provide the same fat, protein and calories for 1/3 of that price, or less.

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Destiny

Destiny Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Oh yeah! So much survival rip off nowadays. Especially since all the new shows about survival and doomsday prepping.

3. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I agree. It is also less expensive to stay with the items you know like chickpeas, red beans, nuts, etc.