Fake News Vs Reality

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by poltiregist, Aug 31, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    This fake news / propaganda has gotten so rampant and obviously is now being conducted on a global scale . When people believe the fake news , it puts them believing in an unreal reality . We can see this on this forum . This creates a divide between peoples perspective on issues . Taking the long view this fake news agenda threatens the peace and sovereignty of nations . What are your thoughts on this ?

2. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Wars have been fought resulting in an unimaginable number of deaths that were fueled by lies . Now we have cowardly so called journalist once again promoting propaganda with no concern of the deaths and loss of freedom that their action could cause .

3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Poltiregist,

Fake news and it's related forms are not new.

There's a US historical society with theme that the reputation of Aaron Burr was caused by Thomas Jefferson for political reasons.

In more recent times: The Tonkin Gulf Incident.

A related form of fake news: When the US was preparing for a 2 ocean navy and get a canal dug for this, it had to be financed. The J.P. Morgan syndicate made arrangements for a Nicaragua postage stamp to have a picture of an active volcano. on it Volcanoes in an area aren't pleasant pictures for investors. Pricing helped the US. for the ditch.

Ref 2nd post; I'd rather not discuss Dan Rather. They're not cowards; just well paid to meet the requirements of their sponsors.

I still don't believe the Watergate news. Watergate happened shortly after J. Edgar Hoover died. It wasn't about getting into a campaign office.

All above is my opinion per request above.

cc: Rosemary Woods

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Cowards or not they ARE liars. They ARE biased when journalism is supposed to be unbiased reporting of facts. If I were Trump I would decertify every single "professional journalist" so that they no longer had access to the white house press room, Airforce 1 or any other secure area. I would replace them with professional bloggers, twitchers, and even some youtubers.

Whatever you may call them, the so called journalists are no Edward R. Murrow.

5. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Son of Liberty,

Not sure where the definition of "journalism" cam from.

Even financial reports - pure numbers - are biased nowadays.

Trump did suspend that CNN's "reporter" White House pass.

All this is not easy. The Executive Branch is loaded with high viz personalities and there's always going to be scandals.
    Do you remember Senator Gary Hart of Colorado and Donna Rice on boat in Caribbean ? The Senator denied much of the event and challenged the press to prove it. They did.

TMT Tactical and Sonofliberty like this.
  6. Sonofliberty

407/460

Blog Posts:
    I do remember that. Even then, journalism was in decline. Now, Goebbels would be proud. A journalist's only function these days is to shift the Overton Window towards acceptance of Global Authoritarianism.

watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.
  7. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Agree.

Large and sophisticated opinion-molding orgs are now required.

Even Ted Kennedy & Co. didn't have one. He lost his POTUS dreams when he polluted a tidal basic with a car and staffer.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I think you have to be very discriminating with where you get your news from. Much of the news is there as a distraction, distracting the public from the real issues that matter. Having said that, there are a lot of people who do not want to hear the truth in good news reports. I also like to be able to verify news reports in several other sources.
    Keith.

9. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I always read several sources for any important issues. Conservative, Liberal and hopefully a few sources that will just provide accurate and truthful accounts. After reading two versions of the exact same incident, I learned that most of the news stations either slant their reporting or flat out lie about what happened. Now more than ever ---- Trust but Verify.

Keith H. likes this.
  10. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    We need to stop soft-pedaling all this crap. It is NOT fake news. It is LIES. News is protected by the constitution. People need to know what is going on and know what the truth is. When a news agency stops telling the truth and KNOWINGLY lies they are no longer covered by those protections. That SHOULD mean that they are liable for slander and in a case where national interests are put in danger or damaged they should be tried for treason. The Media, the Democratic party house and the FBI conspired to have a coup during the last election and are starting it up again. people IN office and government agencies are not supposed to be allowed to use their powers to guide and affect elections. The PEOPLE elect not the government or there is no democracy. The US is teetering on the brink of this chasm...

11. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I get my weather from the TV sometimes, and their wrong 50% of the time. LOL!

Dale

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning all,

Another way to learn "what's happening", rather than reading or listening about it is to PARTICIPATE in activities that make the news. For example(s):

A big-ticket item in the news is health care and its delivery. Do some volunteer work in this industry and you'll know what's going on. IF you've ever been enrolled in the Veterans' Health Service, you'll know the specifics. Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin was correct re the hushed-up "death lists".

Public safety and security is also a daily feature of news especially because of the mass shootings and follow-on candle stick vigils with songs. I took the no-cost Sheriff's Office 8 week (one day a week plus 1 day at firing range and half day driving around on patrol with a deputy). To mimic the old Sears' advertisement "Everything you need to know about oil is in this can", .... , everything you need to know about why someone can walk into a Virginia Beach building and kill people will be learned while in the patrol car.

Hurricane preparations, the response and the recovery is supersaturating the news now. As much as I miss Connie Chung in her beautiful raincoat, everything a private citizen can learn about the prep, the response and the recovery .... just PARTICIPATE. You'll know if supplies were properly stockpiled, if evacuation by road was planned, and the rest. PARTICIPATE !

Tariffs in the news, world trade matters, ........ I have a background in this from my day job but there are many free lectures of someone presenting their view point on these subjects.

Have some military service and the pseudo-journalists with their think-tanks and conditioned-response tanks will be wasting their time with you.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Politics is most often about power and organization, with ideas - the political philosophy - being a distant third.

EXISTENTIAL CONCLUSION: "What we think or what we know or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do." John Rushin

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. Duncan

Duncan Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    Dawn is a retired RN (40 years) and she'd worked at one time in a VA hospital. Due the fact that there may be children and people with virgin ears here, I shall not re-tell any of her stories.
    We're both taking a forensic anthropology course at CSI this semester and will each be doing a ride-along with the Twin Falls County Sheriff's Department. Who knows what we will find out?
    The last ten years of my time at Boeing I was a proposal manager, spending not only my time with other engineering folks but also with the contracts administrators for both domestic (US Army) and international customers. Endemic wastage of millions of taxpayer dollars? How COULD you think such a thing??!!
    "CNN and Fox News both support and are supported by thugs -- just different thugs." -- Duncan Kunz

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. Sonofliberty

407/460

Blog Posts:
    I verify, but I don't trust them at all.

TMT Tactical and Duncan like this.
  15. Duncan

Duncan Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    Excellent point! Now that makes sense!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    And fake news has become THE news.

I struggle to find raw information sans commentary, sans bias. One is often left with reading several sources all laden with bias, then attempt to chop off as much fat as possible to obtain what meat there is to be had. Oftentimes there's not enough meat to fit on a biscuit.

I could kill for a ham biscuit right now. Never write on an empty stomach.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Duncan,

Thank you for reply commentary.

I'm positive Dawn and you will appreciate the Sheriff's Department "ride along".

Of course CNN and Fox are in the same glass of liquid separated by an artificial meniscus. One side is for the Joe Sixpak and Jill Candywine and the other side for the chardonnay and overpriced cheese crowd.

TMT Tactical likes this.