Family River Snorkeling

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Pragmatist, May 30, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.blueridgeoutdoors.com/go-outside/new-lens/

Good afternoon all,

With the quarantine still placing restrictions on many events, above tells of an activity that might be a good substitute.

Do note than when below surface, the Barnacle Bill Mario Andretti equivalents above in their speed boat don't know about snorkelers. SCUBA divers have a distinctive flag to be displayed on boat or some floating feature like an intertube rigged go hold flag - but many don't know what the flag means.

Safety !

arctic bill and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    That is my primary concern when I walk between islands (walking on foots not swimming). So far I haven't see any triathlon suit that came in HV colour (international orange)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

Well received.

Understand.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

https://www.divers-supply.com/

I believe above company sells orange wetsuits.

They may not be good for competition swimming but probably OK for English Channel swims and possibly Cuba to Florida.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    Wetsuit is too hot. Surface water temperature has already reaching around 30°C / 86°F at noon :(. I currently use triathlon set from 2XU to pretend I'm some salt water capable frog. Unfortunately the set only came in black, albeit with red stripe :(

6. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

Can some island walking be done a little north of you such as in the Kurile Islands ? The water is a little chillier.

Recommend bring a double barreled spear gun and bang stick.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Do you wear neoprene suit for your area? Are only certain colors/patterns allowed in triathlon's? Would something like this be usable?

839808fa129acc36bee4dd7eabd14f99.jpg

That's Kryptek inferno.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Roll on the island walking archipelago laughing !

Dale, I'm still laughing after checking how to spell that island chain word.

I'm getting Varuna a neck lanyard with an albatross pennant attached to it.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    Neoprane for actual diving, but even neoprane still felt warm for shallow water diving. I only wear triathlon suit due to practicality, that way I only need to wear 1 set of clothing for the entire day.

I seriously love Kryptek even my former backpack is in NIR treated Kryptek Mandrake. However for as for clothing article I need to buy it from US of which the merchants is extremely unlikely willing to take my $ (I've got to admit my $ is rather dirty and might had the plague all over it)

TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  10. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

If I may inject myself into this conversation again ... you might have missed the meaning of the point I was making regarding the bird.

I deal with prepper and survival matters and try to avoid intruding on Forum Member's privacy.

You however introduced your personal gastro-intestinal ailment.

With activities like fish-riding, snake-eating, island-walking, you're burdening your recovery......and you're in an area ripe for economic "takeoff" in the second Trump administration.

The famous poet Samuel Coleridge wrote "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner". The sailor killed the friendly albatross and as a poetic punishment had to wear the dead bird around his neck. It was, to say the least, a punishment.

Consider slowing down and join the rest of us advanced-level Preppers. .....

11. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    Well I no longer eating snakes since I was retired. But I'm still in the business of providing tech & logistical support for field operation (usually geologist and occasionally tourist)

12. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

Well received.

Glad to hear dining on snakes ended.

Also glad to hear you're still active in business operations while in retirement.

Retirement is the time to get all the stuff done.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    Making money in the civ world is one of the reason to get retirement as soon as possible (10 years minimum here). That along with few political related (my political matron lose the election).

TMT Tactical likes this.