Famine

Discussion in 'Other Not Listed Situations' started by Old Geezer, Jul 17, 2022.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    https://responsiblestatecraft.org/2...anian-attack-in-saudi-arabia-raises-eyebrows/

The Saudi claims raise the specter of a new crisis with Iran and the escalation of regional tensions. The Biden administration must be on guard against being manipulated by the Saudis to extract more U.S. military support, and under no circumstances should it allow the U.S. to be drawn into a new Middle Eastern conflict.

The reports come at a time when U.S.-Saudi relations have worsened significantly and members of Congress have been floating possible punitive measures, including legislation that would require the withdrawal of all U.S. forces from Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. The Biden administration has been talking about the need to reevaluate the Saudi relationship, and they have even been considering slowing military assistance to the kingdom.

A sudden security scare involving Iran is exactly what pro-Saudi hawks in the U.S. need to distract attention from the diverging interests of the United States and Saudi Arabia. It should go without saying that the Saudi claims should not be taken at face value. The Saudi government may be trying to tie the hands of its critics in Washington, and it may be trying to box in the Biden administration to stop them from slowing or halting military aid.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Gzr: Y'know, maybe the Gaia-worshipers and internationals WANT a Mid-East war, WANT the world brought to its knees so that the plebs of the West can be brought to their knees.

----------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of which:

"Businesses Smashed, Clashes with Cops Seen at Paris Cost of Living Riot"

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...-with-cops-seen-at-paris-cost-of-living-riot/

---

If people in Europe and the UK now can't take the shortages and resultant prices, they will go totally nuts when the REAL shortages start happening in 2023. We "ain't seen nuthin yet!"

When did the first of these protests begin? It's like what, 3+ weeks ago?, maybe a month ago, people started getting fed-up and took to the streets. :confused::confused::confused:o_Oo_Oo_O. They are royally going to sh## their pants when food prices explode, the shelves start going bare, and governments decompensate attempting to help people with astronomic fuel prices.

Nothing real-REAL has happened yet! :rolleyes: And they are going bonkers! This says a whole lot. We preppers talk about people losing their rationality when coming SHTF events finally hit, but it is deeply intriguing to witness. Here in the States, the cities get their riots and looting every time Antifa and Black Lives Matter get a reason to burn downtown areas, but to see the hoi polloi starting to lose-it is a psychologically interesting event.

Man oh man, are they ever going to lose their wits this coming winter!

Just the other day, ate some out-of-expiration-date cereal. It was great. Tasted fine. My old, put-back, peanut butter still tastes fine as we rotate our stocks. Glass jars of red cabbage, love it.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    we are starting to hear the old refrain of "heat or eat" in Britain with regard to prices and the coming winter weather, whilst it might be true of the really dirt poor, I have yet to see it myself, what I do see is lots of people with money to burn eating out, only today the tickets for the 2023 Glastonbury festival sold out in one hour at £335 EACH (capacity 210,000, thats 210,000 that werent short of money).

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    In my refrigerator is what is left from a two family meal of squirrels . I will likely give the left over squirrel meat to my watch dog . Running out of food , water and shelter here , is something that is not likely to happen . We still have food in my garden . My son traded some mustard greens from my garden about a week ago for a overnight stay in a motel room . Here we live on a true homestead , producing a portion of our own food and with the ability to ramp up our food production as needed .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "Railway Strike Seen as Increasingly Inevitable, Threatens to Derail Economy Ahead of Holidays"

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2...able-threatens-derail-economy-ahead-holidays/

"A national freight rail strike is viewed as increasingly inevitable as four rail worker labor unions have rejected a tentative agreement with rail companies.

"The ability to transport crucial chemicals, packaged food for humans, food for livestock, and retail goods would be greatly undermined as families get ready for Christmas and Hanukkah."

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Population up, food production down; and it is not just the U.K.

"UK Warned By Farmers That It Is Facing A Food Supply Crisis"

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/uk-warned-farmers-it-facing-food-supply-crisis

"In an emergency press conference, the National Farmers Union (NFU) said the government needed to step in to assist farmers who are under severe strain.

"The British farming industry is facing major issues across almost all sectors, with the price of animal feed and nitrogen fertiliser, and fuel skyrocketing. The union warned that yields of crops will likely slump to record lows this year with farmers also considering reducing the size of their herds.

"According to the NFU, since 2019 the price of wholesale gas has increased by 650 percent, with nitrogen fertiliser up by 240 percent and agricultural diesel up 73 percent. Furthermore, animal feed raw material has increased by 75 percent.

"Nearly 1 in 10 NFU members who produce beef said they were considering reducing the size of their herd in the next 12 months.

"Production of tomatoes and cucumbers is expected to fall to the lowest levels since records began in 1985. In terms of dairy, the NFU said that rising costs may force farmers to reduce cow numbers to survive in response to short-term market signals.

"Some UK supermarkets are also rationing eggs, with over a third of egg farmers considering quitting the industry because they say it is no longer economically viable to farm hens."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"EU farmers slam Commission’s ’empty’ fertilisers plan"

https://www.euractiv.com/section/ag...mers-slam-commissions-empty-fertilisers-plan/

"EU farmers have slammed the European Commission’s plans to bolster the sector against the fertiliser crisis, accusing the EU executive of offering farmers ‘almost nothing’ ahead of the imminent spring season.

"Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine has upended global agrifood chains. Besides causing major disruption in grain markets, the war has also sparked a global mineral fertiliser crisis, which has hit the EU hard.

"Soaring energy costs, combined with sanctions curtailing the import of key fertiliser inputs from Belarus, have seen the price of fertilisers skyrocket as much as 149% in September 2022.

"In response, the Commission put forward its communication on fertilisers on Wednesday (9 November) as part of efforts to mitigate the impact on the agrifood sector – but this has offered no assurances to the farming sector, according to EU farmers’ association COPA-COGECA."

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    The Sarajevo famine / intentional starvation / war crime

"What happens when we run out of food?"

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20190319-what-happens-when-the-food-runs-out

"Our modern society relies upon complex, modern supply chains for food. How would we cope if they were to suddenly collapse?

"... In the Siege of Sarajevo, ordinary residents trapped inside the city would go about their lives to a daily thump of artillery and crack of sniper rifles. Even simply crossing the street or queuing for bread would become a life-threatening experience as the soldiers on the hills surrounding the city took pot-shots at the local populace.

"But while the bullets and shells fired into their city were a constant threat, Trbonja and his neighbours faced another, quieter foe from within: hunger.

"'The food began to run out almost immediately,' recalls Trbonja, who was 19 years old at the time and now teaches school children about the war in Bosnia. 'The little bit of food in the stores went pretty quickly and many of the shops were looted. A cupboard and a fridge at home doesn’t hold very much when you're feeding a whole family, so it didn’t take long for everything to be gone.'

"By the time the siege ended in January 1996, more than 11,500 people in Sarajevo were dead. Many died in the hail of shrapnel, explosives and bullets flung upon them, but almost certainly some perished of cold (gas and electricity were cut off) and starvation.

"But Trbonja remembers that despite the death and near constant destruction, the people of Sarajevo found extraordinary resilience.

“'People in suburban areas with gardens would grow vegetables they would share,' says Trbonja. 'They would give seeds to their neighbours so they could grow some vegetables in flower boxes on their balconies. The taste of those tomatoes grown on your own balcony was beautiful.'

“'Without the humanitarian aid, Sarajevo would no longer exist,' says Trbonja. 'Ninety per cent of the population lived off food distributed by the UN. Those who were extremely rich could exchange jewellery, paintings, anything of value, for extra food on the black market.'

"For those without anything to exchange, they needed other ways of supplementing their meagre food rations. Trbonja, who like many young men in Sarajevo picked up a gun in a desperate attempt to defend their family and home, would give blood at the city’s hospital when he returned home from fighting. In return, he’d receive a can of beef.

“'We had to find other ways too,' he says. 'We would search through books to find out what plants were edible so we could make salads out of flowers. There were days where we only had a slice of bread and tea to see you through the day and others when there was nothing. It was real survival mode.'

"But even in developed nations, the prospect of food shortages are perhaps not as far away as we might like to believe. The international food chains that supply us with our favourite foods are precariously balanced.

"And it doesn’t take a catastrophe like war or drought to disrupt them. In Venezuela, a country blessed with rich oil reserves, a political crisis driven by rocketing inflation has led to shortages of food and medicine, forcing families to live off rotten meat and leading millions to leave the country all together. The Eurozone crisis that sent Greece’s economy to the brink of collapse also brought food shortages to the struggling country.

"Survival without food can depend on a person’s body weight, how many calorific reserves they have in their fat, and other health conditions they may be suffering from. Women tend to be more resilient than men. But in general, most people will die if their body weight falls to half of normal body mass index – which usually occurs after 45-61 days without food.

"During the Dutch famine of World War Two during the winter and early spring of 1944-1945, the starving populace began foraging plants and mushrooms in an attempt to survive.

“'In the Netherlands, a relatively rich, densely populated country with little natural vegetation, foraging was not a common practice anymore when World War Two started,' says Tinde van Andel, a professor of the history of botany at Leiden University in the Netherlands. People turned to old recipe books on wild plant preparation and elderly relatives to learn how to gather and cook foods that were safe to eat. They consumed sugar beets, tulip bulbs, potato peels, nettles and wild fungi.

“'Groups of urban people started foraging trips into the countryside,' says van Andel. 'Anyone who could grab a piece of land turned it into a vegetable garden. People raised rabbits in their city patios. They also stole animal fodder from farms or agricultural waste.'

"More recently, the threat of food shortages is forcing people to consider more traditional careers. Following the economic crisis in Greece and the accompanying food shortages, applications for schools that teach farming soared in the aftermath of the crisis.

"And this could stand them in good stead. According to Alex de Waal, rural populations tend to survive famine better than those in urban areas.

"For Rešad Trbonja, the memory of that 47-month-long nightmare he found himself in in 1992 will never fade. But amidst the horror and misery he experienced, he believes his city survived the war and food shortages with nourishment of a different kind.

“'The whole of Sarajevo became a huge family,' he recalls. 'We were very kind to each other, sharing things with one another. It was something I’ve never seen before. I’m very privileged that in a time of desperation and misery, to have seen Sarajevo more beautiful than ever.'”

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    In the event of a food shortage I recomend that instead of having a traditional garden that you plant root type foods like potatoes and yams. For one thing they are very high calorie foods but best of all most people don't know what the above ground part of the plant looks like. I also thnk that things lke onions and garlic will be important.

Those along with peppers will provide you with the flavorings that can make bland blah things more eatable. SALT!!!! Most places that are not around salt mines or salt water won't have this very important substance available in a pure state. Salt is cheap you can't have too much of it. I'm talking multipal 50 pound bags of it!!! In places where there is no salt in the past salt was used like money.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    depends what you mean by "traditional" garden, over here potatoes are a traditional garden crop, we grow them here every year, more as a hobby at the moment along with other produce that as a survival crop. that comes after SHTF.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    First off, let me say that I'm ferociously ordinary. Prophet?, you gotta be kidding! Poet/seer?, I would that I were. Witness/observer?, probably that and that alone.

Could America face famine? Maybe. Maybe ... even, probably. Most assuredly? -- how indeed are Americans somehow exempt?! It happened in Ukraine & Georgia under Stalin. Is happening today under Putin. Could happen today under puppet-Biden.

Please, oh please, prepare. These days are not in any way normal. The very latticework of civilization is being broken. What can I say? What can I describe? These days have been foretold by the very Prophets of God. The days in which we are living have been foretold by all of the Prophets of all religions. I am nothing. They are everything.

Links (some are dodgy, sorry; yet, I'm not discounting anything; matters for Amerika have gone sideways :():

https://beforeitsnews.com/health/2023/01/will-america-face-famine-in-2023-2025-3048677.html

https://www.thetrumpet.com/20882-four-reasons-famine-is-coming-to-america

https://www.charismanews.com/us/91068-end-times-famine-may-be-on-the-horizon-for-america-in-2023

Do not discount religious sources. Not your religion? So what? These days were seen millennia ago! A dark synchronicity is in this age becoming. Can't happen? Beware your ego's imaginings! This universe is strange and even sometimes horribly unimaginable. Think I'm kidding? Pick up the books of History and please do read! What "can't happen", routinely happens. I am not speaking. The Universal Wisdom is speaking. Cycles appear in amongst all things. Take heed.

Here is a mind far greater than I could ever achieve, Ralf Waldo Emerson. History has its Circles, sublime and horrific. His essay on Circles is inspired:

https://emersoncentral.com/texts/essays-first-series/circles/

Let us know the Natural Order of Things as ordained by the Creator.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    we always keep our larder and meat supplies topped up, thats in normal times, the way things are going I think we need to be on top of our supplies.
    I've always said to the wife "if you think you need something, get it", the cost is irrelevant, I tend to buy stuff when I see it rather than when I actually need it, by the time we need it its probably been sold out, you cannot guarantee something being around for long.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    What we see today is history repeating it self. Go back into the Roman history, in the time of Emperor Commodus. Man made food shortage, plague, political unrest and TPTB attempting to win the favor of the people, with free stuff (gladiatorial games, their form of entertainment, free food and money). This should all sound familiar. Covid, social media, welfare, climate change and government decrees. Talk of WW3 and even more fear is generated. Fear allows the sheeple to be lead.

lonewolf likes this.
  12. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    The Romans were good at political intrigue, it was going on all the time.
    their empire got so big that in the end it was bound to collapse.
    Sheeple will always be fearful, when you live with a system that could collapse and when it collapses they will go hungry they have a right to be fearful.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    The media is covering this, but its coverage is inadequate. The famine thingy hasn't gone away and isn't going to go away. The world is in trouble. Famine ignites wars. We are going to witness history repeating itself but on a far grander scale.

"The Mainstream Media is now admitting that we are facing 'The worst food crisis in modern history'”

https://endtimeheadlines.org/2023/0...cing-the-worst-food-crisis-in-modern-history/

Quotes in color yellow-green:

Pakistan is not one of the poorest nations in the world, but the lack of affordable food is starting to cause panic inside that country. The following comes from Time Magazine… Last Saturday in Mirpur Khas, a city in Pakistan’s Sindh province, hundreds of people lined up for hours outside a park to buy subsidized wheat flour, offered for 65 rupees a kilogram instead of the current, inflated rate of about 140 to 160 rupees.

We are seeing similar things happen all over the planet. Just because you still may have enough food to eat doesn’t mean that everybody else is okay. In fact, things have already gotten so bad that even CNN is admitting that we are facing “the worst food crisis in modern history”…

Yet the world is still in the grips of the worst food crisis in modern history, as Russia’s war in Ukraine shakes global agricultural systems already grappling with the effects of extreme weather and the pandemic. Market conditions may have improved in recent months, but experts do not expect imminent relief.

That means more pain for vulnerable communities already struggling with hunger. It also boosts the risk of starvation and famine in countries such as Somalia, which is contending with what the United Nations describes as a “catastrophic” food emergency.

Sadly, it isn’t just in Somalia where the food crisis has reached “catastrophic” proportions. According to Reuters, the entire continent is now dealing with the worst food crisis that Africa “has ever seen”… Across Africa, from east to west, people are experiencing a food crisis that is bigger and more complex than the continent has ever seen, say diplomats and humanitarian workers.

Over the past 12 months, the number of Africans that are dealing with “acute food insecurity” has absolutely exploded… The number of East Africans experiencing acute food insecurity – when a lack of food puts lives or livelihoods in immediate danger – has spiked by 60% in just the last year, and by nearly 40% in West Africa, according to the World Food Programme (WFP).

Sadly, a lot of Americans are simply not going to care about what is going on over there as long as we have enough food over here. Of course food supplies continue to get tighter on our side of the planet as well. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, our corn harvest this year was the smallest in 15 years… Last year was a bad year for corn — the latest US Department of Agriculture (USDA) report shows drought conditions and extreme weather wreaked havoc on croplands.

USDA unexpectedly slashed its outlook for domestic corn production amid a severe drought across the western farm belt. Farmers in Nebraska, Kansas, and Texas were forced to abandon drought-plagued fields.

The agency estimated farmers harvested 79.2 million acres, a decline of 1.6 million acres versus the previous estimate — the smallest acres harvest since 2008. That wouldn’t be so bad if our population was still the same size that it was back in 2008. Other harvests have been extremely disappointing too, and that is one of the factors that has been steadily driving up food prices.

At this point, the average U.S. household is spending 72 more dollars on food per month than it was at this same time a year ago… As inflation continues to decimate the budgets of American families, the December report from Moody’s Analytics showed that families are spending an estimated $72 more on food per month than they were a year ago.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

In America, the population is up (due to illegal migration, we don't know by how much), yet crop yields are flagging. It normally falls upon Western nations to make-up for poor agricultural yields across the globe. Oops! In Europe, access to fertilizer and fuel is hampering agricultural output. We're looking at a perfect storm. Is all of this just going to get better magically? Probably not.

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/col...-be-biggest-market-threat-on-thursday-braun-0

"CBOT futures’ report day reactions are most closely linked to U.S. corn and soybean production outcomes, and U.S. quarterly stocks are likely the second layer of interest. Last year, analysts practically nailed all those numbers, leading to quieter trade.

"But this year, analysts have allowed for a 156 million-bushel range on the 2022 U.S. corn harvest, the smallest for the January report in 16 years. That range is only a third as large as the five-year average and is driven by narrow guesses in both area and yield.

"Analysts’ range on U.S. corn yield is a seven-year low and for soybeans it is at least a 13-year low. Corn and soy yield are seen at 172.5 and 50.3 bushels per acre, respectively, up from 172.3 and 50.2 in November.

"South America

"Argentina’s crops remain under traders’ lenses as severe drought threatens yields for a second straight year. Analysts see Argentina’s soybean crop at 46.7 million tonnes, down from USDA’s 49.5 million in December.

"That is almost exactly what happened last January, when USDA reduced the soy harvest to 46.5 million tonnes from 49.5 million a month earlier. That 6% decline in January 2022 was the sharpest, earliest change to Argentina’s beans that USDA had made in well over a decade."
    ===============================================

China:

"China Hoards Half of World Grain Reserve, Prepares for ‘Famine’"

https://nworeport.me/2021/12/30/chi...ce=wnd&utm_medium=wnd&utm_campaign=syndicated

"China has been stockpiling grain on behalf of its 1.4 billion people as it struggles with mismanagement of its agricultural industry and more farmers flee the country for life in the city increasing concern that famine could overtake the country.

“'China spent $98.1 billion importing food (beverages are not included) in 2020, up 4.6 times from a decade earlier, according to the General Administration of Customs of China,” reported news site Nikkei Asia. 'In the January-September period of 2021, China imported more food than it had since at least 2016, which is as far back as comparable data goes.'”

"China boast’s 20% of the world’s population but only 7% of the world’s arable land. Not enough land in agricultural production, combined with chronic mismanagement of the country’s supply of food-producing animals, has created a constant crisis atmosphere for China.

"Some experts are warning that China is attempting to control world markets by stockpiling commodities such a food, so they can weaponize them.

“'None of the constraints that convinced academics of the futility of the ‘food weapon’ in the late 1970s inhibit China today,' Christopher Vassallo a researcher at the Asia Society Policy Institute said in National Interest. 'Instead, the three main features of China’s commodity market—its enormous scale, its strategic steering, and its supervisory capacity—mean China can use the power of its market in ways that exceeded twentieth-century American or Soviet capability.'”

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I cant see there being a famine in any 1st world country ( without some kind of TEOTWAWKI event) but there may be some shortages which in itself isnt a bad thing, there are far too many choices in shops which can get a bit bewildering sometimes, if it makes a few more people even think about growing some of their own food or looking for a non supermarket supply then thats a good thing in my book.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I see urban famine happening here in the USSA should we have a full-tilt SHTF event that cuts transportation modalities.

Here's some things to consider. I was going to say, "For outsiders to consider"; however, tens of millions of Americans are not thinking about their own country, not even thinking about where they themselves are living (people are getting pathetically stupid/naive here in the States). Let me describe two enormously populated regions of America.

There is the eastern coastal megalopolis which extends from Baltimore, Maryland, up past Boston, Massachusetts. There are nicknames for it, "BosWash" (Boston south to Washington D.C.), "Boston-Washington Corridore", ...

[​IMG]

At least fifty-five million people live in this area. Immediately west of this paved purgatory there does exist agriculture. Heartland Virginia (with its Shenandoah Valley), Pennsylvania, New York, and even up further north, there exists good rich soil and there is plenty of food grown therein. Enough to feed that megalopolis? No, lord no. This hoard of humanity sucks food out of not only the east, but west out past the Mississippi river from the U.S. "wheat-belt". Are there roads and railroads to shove food into the BosWash? Oh yes, plenty! What about if power grids failed and fuel supplies were inaccessible? Oops! :eek: Bad news, that. Actually, the word is "catastrophic", as in catastrophic news. How food is distributed into this mega-mistake is mind-numbingly complex and is totally dependent on high technology. Any major boo-boos and this house of cards will come crashing down ... crashing down on over 55,000,000 people.

The water mains of NYCity are 66 years old and currently breaking down. It takes forty million dollars per year simply in repairs.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/12/nyregion/nyc-water-mains.html#:~:text=But much of New York’s underground infrastructure, once,boomers born when Dwight D. Eisenhower was president.

The primary water feeding systems into NY City were built before 1910. And that's just NY, NY; the rest of that area is also serviced by water systems built by their families grandfathers and great-grandfathers. The pumping stations now have automated systems massively complex in nature. Armies of engineers and tech.s prop-up this thingy. Nothing big can go wrong, or else ...

That is a tiny overview of what's going on on the East coast of America.

On the west coast of America there is a situation that rarely gets discussed. All of the west coast cities are isolated from the remainder of America. Deserts and the Rocky Mountains come between the Pacific coastal cities and America's Breadbasket. Are there highways and railroads to funnel food to the "Left Coast"? Sure. Will they survive earthquakes, or technology shutdowns, or disruptions in fuel supplies, or ... Likely not. Even after the food arrives in the Pacific coast's cities, that food must be distributed through unimaginably complex distribution networks.

Well hey, doesn't California grow a lot of food, fish a lot of fish?! Sure. Enough, yes quite possibly -- during good times. There are 55,000,000 people living on the Pacific coast. Yep, the west coast's megalopolises have as many people as does the Boston to Washington D.C. corridor. Is Pacific coast due for some bad earthquakes? Overdue, actually. What would happen to the food distribution pathways should the "Big One" happen? Something very, very bad. And there's not just the San Andreas fault that could generate a "big one", there is the Cascadia Fault off the shoreline of Oregon, Washington state, and Canada's British Columbia. If the Cascadia goes large, cities will be rocked to pieces, then they will get hit with a monster tsunami. A Cascadia quake in the year 1700 caused a tsunami in Japan. That 1700 tsunami killed forests in Northwest America.

East coast, west coast, America's urban sprawls are set-up for apocalyptic events. Tick, tick, tick, ...

TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Think things might get strange after a SHTF event? Hey kids, society has already gone strange. Want some proof?

I've taken a few paragraphs out of an article and posted them, as I usually do. I am going to highlight some salient parts of these excerpts.

Mass hysteria:

"Chaos in Austin amid power outages as residents seen dumpster diving at H-E-B grocery store"

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy...idents-seen-dumpster-diving-heb-grocery-store

"Hundreds of people were seen dumpster diving and fighting over 'free food' that was discarded by an H-E-B store after a power outage on Thursday.

"An official in Travis County, Texas, is warning the public not to eat the food retrieved from dumpsters outside the store, which was spoiled and unsafe for consumption.

"Witnesses said grocery store employees were seen tossing meat and other perishable foods after a power outage at the store caused them to start to go bad, Fox 7 Austin reported.

"But someone posted on social media that there was 'free food' at the store. Soon after, more than 250 people showed up and began fighting over rotting trash, according to Travis County Precinct 4 Constable George Morales.

"'This is not free food!' Morales warned on Facebook. 'The food is rotten and spoiled, and is unsafe to eat.'

"Morales said that deputies with Precinct 4 and the Austin Police Department responded to roads that were gridlocked because of the misinformation on social media. Police worked to clear the area.

"The Mayor of Austin apologized Friday after widespread power outages stretched into a third day following a deadly winter storm that has sent city officials scrambling and unable to say when the power will be back on."

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Nx6H8vBosHE
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yippee ki yay ah!!!

[​IMG]

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I do a bit of dumpster(we call them Skips)diving myself but mostly for non food items like wood, supermarket skips in my area are all behind locked gates and high walls so are not accessible to the general public unlike some I have seen on US TV programs.
    I would like to do more with Roadkill but wife dosent want her kitchen messed up!! after SHTF is a different matter though.

Old Geezer and TMT Tactical like this.
  18. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Where I'm from, to this day there's yet no shortage of poverty, grinding poverty. County governments set up gated fenced-in areas for trash to be thrown out. If these are not provided, people start throwing their trash into sinkholes that are near a road (limestone rock = caves and sinkholes). In one of these "gated communities" of dumpsters, a fellow took up residence and would separate-out the trash from the "still usable". He sold that I guess (wasn't my county). By the way, sinkhole dumps are great places to shoot rats for target practice. When young and poor, my parents' house wasn't too far from a illegal dump. People were always setting in on fire and we'd have to breathe that smoke.

Sink holes:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=sink+hole&t=newext&atb=v320-1&iax=images&ia=images

Sink-hole trash dumpd (this is a rather tiny one):
    [​IMG] :

upload_2023-2-11_19-30-16.png

TMT Tactical likes this.
  19. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Seems the new world order is really into famine.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...e-eu-capital-as-farmers-protest-green-agenda/

"BRUSSELS (AP) – Hundreds of tractors driven by angry farmers protesting a plan to cut nitrate levels converged on Brussels on Friday, creating major traffic disruption in Belgium’s capital city.

"The BB farmers union and several others combined efforts to gather more than 2,700 farm vehicles, according to Brussels police.

"The Flemish regional government is struggling to find a deal to cut nitrate pollution over farmers’ objections that it would put many out of business.

"The debate over agricultural pollution is increasingly turning into a political issue in many of the EU’s farming nations. It is to be a focal point of Dutch elections in two weeks’ time and is also affecting Belgium, another EU nation where intensive farming has put environmentalists against the agricultural lobby."
    --------------------------------------------------------

Environmentalist sure like the idea of human mass die-offs.

"The ethics of human extinction"

https://aeon.co/essays/what-are-the-moral-implications-of-humanity-going-extinct

"But so what if we’re wiped out? What does it matter if Homo sapiens no longer exists? The astonishing fact is that, despite acquiring the ability to annihilate ourselves back in the 1950s, when thermonuclear weapons were invented, very few philosophers in the West have paid much attention to the ethics of human extinction. Would our species dying out be bad, or would it in some way be good – or just neutral? Would it be morally wrong, or perhaps morally right, to cause or allow our extinction to occur? What arguments could support a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ answer?

"My aim here isn’t to settle these issues, and indeed our discussion has hardly scratched the surface of existential ethics. Rather, my more modest hope is to provide a bit of philosophical clarity to an immensely rich and surprisingly complicated subject. In a very important sense, virtually everyone agrees that human extinction would be very bad. But beyond this default view, there’s a great deal of disagreement. Perhaps there are other insights and perspectives that have not yet been discovered. And maybe, if humanity survives long enough, future philosophers will discover them."

------
    "Scientists appeal for global population control"

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20220707/Scientists-appeal-for-global-population-control.aspx

"Recently, scientists have proposed several strategies to mitigate the problem of climate change. Among these recommendations that are part of an ongoing series on 'scientists’ warning publications,' the main action discussed in a recent Science of the Total Environment study is the stabilization and gradual reduction of the human population.

"Several actions have been proposed that could aid in gradually reducing the global population. Some of these include one-child policies, women empowerment, and global wealth distribution.

"The first line of action is the global appeal for all men and women to have no more than one child. Individuals who aspire to have a large family must opt for adoption, which is a compassionate choice for children who need to be cared for.

"The scientists of the current study also support introducing the redistribution of global wealth tax to address issues related to poverty alleviation and conditions of impoverishment. There is a need for proper funding for some communities across the world to maintain appropriate sanitation, clean water, electrification through renewables, and food supplies. Uplifting the global community is also associated with providing adequate healthcare and education systems.

"Global wealth redistribution should be directed towards family-planning services, which can involve increasing the availability of contraceptives to people in rural and urban settings. Additional funds can be allocated to educate men about vasectomy as a safe option, as well as for building schools and other educational institutes."

================================================

Voluntary Human Extinction Movement

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voluntary_Human_Extinction_Movement

---------------

"If You’re Worried About the Environment, Consider Being Composted When You Die"

https://californiahealthline.org/news/article/human-composting-environment-death-burial-cremation/

"So here’s another question: How do you feel about having your body reduced to compost and used to plant a tree, grow flowers, or repair depleted soil in a forest?

"Human composting doesn’t mean you’re tossed into a bin with potato peels, crushed eggshells, and coffee grounds. Rather, you’d be placed in a metal or wooden vessel, enveloped by organic materials such as wood chips, alfalfa, and straw, and then slowly reduced to a nutrient-packed soil. The process can take six weeks to six months depending on the methods used.

"I don’t know about you, but I like the sound of that (at least compared with those other two options)."

-------

"How human composting could reduce death’s carbon footprint"

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/07/world/human-composting-natural-organic-reduction-scn-lbg/index.html

"Human composting — also known as natural organic reduction or the reduction of human remains — is the practice of placing a dead body in a reusable vessel with biodegradable materials that foster the transformation into nutrient-dense soil that can be returned to loved ones or donated to conservation land.

"The notion of going green even in death might sound far-fetched, but California has become the latest state to sign a human composting bill into law, set to go into effect in 2027. Washington became the first state to legalize human composting in 2019, followed by Oregon, Colorado and Vermont.

"Recompose, Spade’s company, became the first human composting facility in the US when it opened in December 2020. Spade thought of human composting in graduate school after learning about livestock mortality composting, when farm animals are recycled back to the land, she said.

"Recompose has composted more than 200 corpses into soil since opening nearly two years ago and has more than 1,100 people signed up for Precompose, the company’s prearrangement program, Spade said.

“'We hear from our clients that knowing that their body — or that of their loved one — will be able to return to the earth is deeply comforting,' Spade said."

[​IMG]

TMT Tactical likes this.
  20. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    You don't have to attack Californians. Block the roads, turn off the electricity for a couple of weeks, and they start dying.

"Death toll rises to 13; teenager hikers rescued in Southern California: Winter storm updates"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/death-toll-rises-13-hundreds-152950819.html

------------------------

"‘Send Help if You Can’: Rural Residents Trapped by Snow for Nearly Two Weeks Struggling to Survive"

https://mendofever.com/2023/03/05/s...w-for-nearly-two-weeks-struggling-to-survive/

"Bushnell told us, 'Some have snowdrifts to top of their houses. It’s not manageable.'

"Some have medical needs including medicine that is running out or is already gone. Others are out of fuel and food for themselves and their animals while ranchers are struggling to feed their livestock. Water lines have frozen leaving residents and cattle without an easy way to quench their thirst.

"When the snow fell hard in late February, it came in wet and heavy breaking multiple trees and pulling down power lines and even poles. The downed trees not only blocked main roads and county roads but trapped some residents behind a jumble of broken branches and thick trunks which crisscrossed their private driveways.

"Bushnell told us that county staff, the CHP, County road workers, local volunteer firefighters, the Sheriff’s departments, PG&E, and neighbors are exhausted as they struggle to help everyone.

"Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office Matt Kendall told us his agency will deploy search and rescue personnel for anyone running low on food, fuel, or other provisions. But, those residents will evacuate with his personnel

"He told us he has received calls from residents requesting supplies be delivered, which he said his agency will not do. 'We are no DoorDash. I am not going to ask search and rescue to go out and deliver Snickers bars. We will deploy if someone cannot survive, but we’re going to take you into town and shelter you.'"
    -------------------------------------------
    Old Gzr: They are stuck in the snow, but have no water ... uh .... hmmmm ...
    o_Oo_O:confused::confused::confused::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

TMT Tactical likes this.
  21. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    pretty much goes for most modern people these days, turn off the lights, block the roads and most people will run out of food within a day or three even stuff they can eat cold, once they are out of food and the power is off they will start dying, within 3 days if they havent got any drinkable water once the main services shut down.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  22. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Kalifornicatia, the saga continues:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/06/weather/california-snow-winter-weather-monday/index.html

"The Sierra Nevada Mountain Range could see 1 to 3 inches of snow through Tuesday, following a weekend that brought as much as 38 inches of snow over a 24-hour period to Soda Springs in Nevada County and 31 inches to Donner Peak in Placer County.

"The series of winter storms that have moved across the Western US left many in the San Bernardino mountains trapped in their homes with driveways blocked and cars buried under snow piles that sometimes towered as high as second-story windows. Critical businesses in the area, including some grocery stores, have been forced to close.

“'People are getting desperate. They need medication. They need food for their children,' said Derek Hayes, a resident of the community of Cedar Glen. He said he has been snowshoeing out of his home for days to get groceries and check on elderly neighbors.

"San Bernardino County is one of 13 under a state of emergency issued by Gov. Gavin Newsom last week, allowing for an influx of emergency personnel and resources, including the California National Guard, to support rescue and recovery.

"Approximately 150 people were rescued from their neighborhoods Saturday and an additional 22 residents were taken to shelters or off the mountain on Sunday, the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Office said. Deputies also distributed food to residents over the weekend.

"'We were promised that help is coming. But we’re getting a little impatient here,' he said. 'We maybe have a week’s food left. A lot of our stores are closed now because of roof collapse and the gas stations seem to be short on fuel still.”

“'I’m not sure how much longer we can hold out,' he said.

-----------------------------------------------

Old Geezer observations:
    > As one heads north or south of the equator, mountains get snow.
    > Snow is NOT made of Styrofoam. It is frozen water. Melt it and one can drink the water. Advanced university chemistry classes teach this. Maybe these folk do not have Masters degrees in chemistry.
    > These mountains also get earthquakes. Earthquakes cut roads and power lines.
    > Humans eat food. If food cannot be counted on to be readily available, then a human should store this stuff called "food".
    > The people living in the Mountains of Kalifornicatia are NOT impoverished. They drive nice cars, often very expensive cars. Many have sport utility vehicles ... that they don't know how to drive.
    > Many university textbooks describe humans as "tool-making" creatures. Tools are good. Humans should keep tools.
    > The wife and I are going to send money to aid the poor people in Turkey who had their buildings fall on them. We are NOT going to be sending any aid to Kalifornicatia. There are people who can be helped. There are people who cannot be helped.

lonewolf and TMT Tactical like this.
  23. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Zimbabwe 2015:

"Mugabe is asking back the white farmers he chased away"

https://qz.com/africa/458137/mugabe-is-asking-back-the-white-farmers-he-chased-away

"In 2000 Robert Mugabe shocked the world when he made dramatic changes to land ownership laws in Zimbabwe which resulted in thousands of white Zimbabwean farmers being forced to give up their farms and many to leave the country.

"But now the tide is shifting again. Mugabe’s people have hinted strongly, for the first time, that farmers can return–at least some of them. This will be some 15 years after the Zimbabwe government began seizing their land.

"A few selected white farmers will be granted security of tenure on farms regarded to be ‘of strategic economic importance.’ Meanwhile black beneficiaries are expected to start paying a small rental fee per acre that will be used in part to compensate the more than 4,000 evicted white farmers according to the country’s minister of lands, Douglas Mombeshora.

"Last year, BBC reported Mugabe told an audience, “We say no to whites owning our land and they should go.” It is the first time that the Zimbabwe government has publicly hinted on the failure of its unsustainable land policy.

"The country that was once dubbed 'the breadbasket of the region' has suffered an estimated $12 billion in lost agriculture production since the land occupations took place and has had to rely on donor handouts and food imports from neighboring countries. At least 1.8 million tonnes of the staple grain, maize, is required annually to feed the nation."

-----------------------

Zimbabwe 2020

"Zimbabwe to return land seized from foreign farmers"

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-53988788

"Zimbabwe has offered to return land to foreign nationals whose farms were seized under a controversial government programme two decades ago.

"Thousands of white farmers were forced from their land, often violently, between 2000 and 2001.

"Under the programme, most of the country's 4,000 white farmers - then the backbone of Zimbabwe's agricultural economy - were forced from their land, which was handed over to about a million black Zimbabweans."

-------------------------------------------------

South Africa has increased its agricultural output in the last few years even after having taken much land from white land-owning farmers who utilize advanced farming techniques. Now there are even more technologies available; witness satellite assessment of the land to determine water needs and soil nutrients. But, white farmers continue to leave and continue to be murdered.

Problem is the population of South Africa is heading up up up. It now stands at over 60 million.

[​IMG]

"The state must ensure SA’s food security"

https://mg.co.za/opinion/2022-09-23-the-state-must-ensure-sas-food-security/

"While South Africa is technically food secure, on average at a national level, most households lack access to adequate food to meet their dietary needs for an active and healthy lifestyle. According to Statistics South Africa, the number of hungry and food insecure South Africans is about 11% of the population (or 6.5-million). "

----------------

Trying to dig into food statistics for Africa is very difficult. Example: Google is better than most in its acceptance of Boolean operators; however, Google is profoundly biased when it comes to getting to the truth about situations in Africa. Google will slam back propaganda at you if you search for murders of white farmers in South Africa. The torture and murder of hundreds of white S.African farmers has driven many to leave the country if they can afford to do so. When white-owned farms are taken over by the government and redistributed, the new owners are unable to engage in the high-productivity that was previously occurring. Due to the massive increases in African populations, it takes high-tech farming to meet the new food needs. When looking at African "agricultural output" statistics, note that these numbers include logging and other non-food agricultural items.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/so...r-brutal-slayings/O34CH7CJCE2VTGCRQYMJZ2H54A/

https://www.myggsa.co.za/the-sharp-increase-in-murder-rates-for-white-south-african-farmers/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...th-worker-tortured-murdered-South-Africa.html

-------

Note that native South Africans also kill migrants from other parts of Africa:

https://www.genocidewatch.com/single-post/country-report-south-africa

"Millions of immigrants from poorer African countries have settled in South Africa since 1994. Xenophobia against them has resulted in violent attacks, notably in 2008 and 2015, when over 50,000 immigrants were displaced. Due to anger about unemployment, high crime rates, and poor public services, young South Africans blame immigrants for taking jobs away from them. No perpetrators of the 2008 attacks on foreigners, the 2015 Durban riots, or the 2019 violence in eThekwini have been brought to justice.

"The same impunity results from non-prosecution of murders of white farmers. The Marxist, racist Economic Freedom Front party of Julius Malema encourages these murders, which are meant to terrorize farmers into emigrating from South Africa. Many of the murders are hate crimes. The perpetrators torture, rape, and disembowel their victims. They leave Afrikaans Bibles on dead bodies. White farmers are defenseless because South Africa outlawed private gun possession and disbanded the mutual protection cooperatives organized by farmers in the past."

---------------------

TMT Tactical likes this.
  24. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I cant see many white farmers returning to Zimbabwe, not after the way most were treated and many murdered.

1. Old Geezer
      A bunch of ex-patriot African white farmers moved to Russia before Russia invaded Ukraine. Putin encouraged this and it was smart of him to do so. Many of these farmers didn't have the resources to move, but Putin made it happen. Can't blame the farmers. Their future was far beyond bleak (rape, torture, and death awaited them in Africa).

Old Geezer, Apr 4, 2023
  25. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "'Too Damn Messy': Flooded California Farmland Delays Plantings"

https://www.zerohedge.com/weather/too-dam-messy-flooded-california-farmland-delays-plantings

"California's vast amount of agricultural land is facing a significant issue due to a series of atmospheric rivers in recent months, which have saturated fields to the point where planting crops has become difficult.

"More than a dozen powerful storms later, 78 trillion gallons of water has been dumped on California, reversing a multi-year drought in a matter of months. Now the agricultural powerhouse state, producing about a third of the country's vegetables and three-quarters of its fruits and nuts, faces planting delays due to washed-out fields.

"According to USA Today, the planting delays experienced by California's 69,000 farms may disrupt the supply of vegetables and fruits.

"California consistently faces challenges in producing crops, no matter if it's wet or dry. It may be a good idea to consider starting your own garden as a precaution against potential supply disruptions that could emerge later in the year."

--------------------------------

Old Gzr: Something that I find tremendously exasperating is that no one is talking-about, not even considering, is that these current floods are going to get worse. It's denial writ large.

California's snow pack this year is 2x that of normal (in good times). These "atmospheric rivers" out of the Pacific show no signs of stopping. When warm spring and beginning summer rains hit, the snow melt is going to be colossal. The ground is already soaked. California's loony governor has recently nixed efforts to increase reservoir capacities. I'm sorry but you don't have to be a hydraulics engineer to figure this one out! Shoot, California could even get a mega-flood.

But then California's "best minds" have always been out to lunch.

Be glad you've got your garden.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  26. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    For the farmers of America's Southwest, It's a good thing that they've gotten record snowfall up in the mountains. The biden regime is going to cut-off their water flow. The deep state also wishes to punish Arizona. It cost the internationalists unknown millions of dollars to rig the Arizona elections in 2020. Even then, biden only won by a few thousand votes. That's too close for comfort for the oligarchs running D.C.. Thus, the conservatives there, many of whom are rural agricultural folk, must be punished.

"Biden admin outlines plan to cut vital water supplies in western states"

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-admin-outlines-plan-cut-vital-water-supplies-western-states

"Actions could lead to a reduction of 652 billion gallons of water supplies to multiple western states

"The Biden administration proposed actions Tuesday that would significantly reduce water supplies in seven western states amid severe drought conditions that stretch back decades.

"The Department of the Interior (DOI) released a draft proposal that highlighted two potential actions it could take to combat the Colorado River Basin's deteriorating water levels. The two proposals would each consist of federally-mandated supply reductions for states that are dependent on the river system which provides water for more than 40 million Americans and is vital for western states' economies.

"'Failure is not an option,' Tommy Beaudreau, the DOI's deputy secretary, said in a statement. "'Recognizing the severity of the worsening drought, the Biden-Harris administration is bringing every tool and every resource to bear through the President’s Investing in America agenda to protect the stability and sustainability of the Colorado River System now and into the future.'

"In addition to the water it supplies to millions of Americans, the 1,450-mile Colorado River supports 5.5 million acres of agricultural lands, provides electricity to millions of residents through hydroelectric dams and has key recreational and ecological uses."

upload_2023-4-11_19-17-6.png

TMT Tactical likes this.
  27. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Some news stories are saying that 18,000 cattle were killed in the fire. I can't believe that. Thousands maybe, but over 10K cattle, that's difficult to understand. One would have to have water and feed massively gathered / provided. I'd believe 1,800 killed.

"Large Explosion and Fire Breaks Out at South Fork Dairy in Dimmitt, Texas Monday Night"

https://www.agweb.com/news/livestoc...aks-out-south-fork-dairy-dimmitt-texas-monday

Begin quote

A possible explosion and fire at a Dimmitt, Tex. dairy on Monday night sent one woman to the hospital. The cause is still unknown, but reports say the explosion engulfed multiple structures, and the smoke cloud could be seen from as much as 80 miles away.

The reported explosion occurred at South Fork Dairy, which is located just southeast of Dimmitt. According to Castro County Sheriff Sal Rivera, the explosion occurred around 7:20 p.m. on Monday. However, it's not confirmed if it was an explosion that started the fire or a piece of equipment that caught on fire and quickly spread.

The building that caught fire was a cross ventilated barn built only a couple years ago. Cross ventilated barns are typically large and have hundreds of fans to help control the climate with cow comfort in mind. With that many fans in a barn, it's possible once the fire spread so quickly, the hundreds of fans within the barn blew out the smoke, creating such a big smoke cloud that could be seen from miles away.

While nothing has been confirmed, it's also not clear how a steel building, like the one on the dairy, would catch fire so quickly.

This structure is approx 2,136,973 sq ft and is a total loss. It is devastating for the injured and the lost dairy cows. Thoughts and prayers to all injured and involved. @rawsalerts pic.twitter.com/gvBe6wmaRf — Blake Bednarz (@BlakeBednarz) April 11, 2023

According to AgDay and U.S. Farm Report Lubbock affiliate KJTV, details are still limited about what caused the possible explosion, but Aero-care was on the scene. The Castro County Sheriff also confirmed one woman was transported to a Lubbock hospital.

There are no official reports of the number of cows that died in the fire, but it's in the thousands.

The community is already coming together to support a dairy farm family that's now facing a loss on their family farm. Started just after the fire, a lunch/meal train was created to help support the family and crews on the scene. Local businesses and community members have already signed up, with two weeks worth of meals spoken for.

“They [Brand family] are a great family and customer, and today shows how we just help each other where we can. We live in a great community,” Elizabeth De Vries-Dykstra told Dairy Herd.

End quote

upload_2023-4-12_19-25-56.png

TMT Tactical likes this.
  28. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Getting rid of the evil self-sufficient folk. "You will be assimilated!"

"EU approves scheme to close 3,000 Dutch farms and permanently ban owners from farming elsewhere"

https://www.theblaze.com/news/eu-ap...permanently-ban-owners-from-farming-elsewhere

"On Tuesday, the European Union approved the Dutch government’s scheme to forcibly shut down 3,000 farms and permanently ban farmers from starting over elsewhere in the EU.

"The European Commission in Brussels, the governing branch of the EU, officially backed Prime Minister of the Netherlands Mark Rutte’s plan to buy out land from thousands of Dutch farmers to meet the EU’s radical climate goals.

"The Dutch government plans to offer one-time voluntary buyouts to the farms emitting the most nitrogen with the goal of purchasing and shutting down 2,000 to 3,000 farms. However, if not enough owners voluntarily sell, the Dutch government is prepared to move forward with 'compulsory purchases' to meet its EU climate targets.

"Nitrogen Minister Christianne van der Wal previously announced that the voluntary offers were 'wildly attractive' and that 'no better offer' was coming.

"Eva Vlaardingerbroek, a Dutch commentator, posted on Twitter in response to the EU approving the scheme, 'The EU has given the Dutch government the green light to buy out 3000 #DutchFarmers offering them 120% of the market value, ‘incentivising’ them to sell ‘voluntary’ (if they don’t, they’ll be expropriated later). Oh, and they won’t be allowed to start over elsewhere in the EU.'

"Vlaardingerbroek accused the Dutch government and the EU of putting 'a knife to the farmers’ throats' by ensuring their licenses are not renewed, paralyzing their businesses with additional regulations, and then offering them a 'bribe' that they will feel pressured to accept 'out of pure desperation.'

"Vlaardingerbroek also commented on the plan’s requirement that farmers cannot move to another location and restart their business.

“ 'I also highly doubt that prohibiting them to start over elsewhere in the EU is even legal. The whole idea of the EU was supposed to be about freedom of movement and freedom of workers. This is some next level USSR stuff,' she added."
    --------------------------------------------------------
    History repeats itself:

upload_2023-5-5_16-35-0.png

upload_2023-5-5_16-39-24.png

TMT Tactical likes this.
  29. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    If they think that the US is going to be able to feed them they had better look elsewhere. I don't think that we can do it AND we aren't going to go hungry because crazy people decided not to feed themselves.

Sadly, it has seemed that periodically Europe goes crazy. Every 50 to 75 years they go to war and try to kill each other. They are past due now. Maybe it is just that there are too many people, cultures, languages and philosophies in too small an area. ???

Maybe Russia will make up the difference and feed them. That is a lot like wearing a hangman’s noose for a neck tie though.

TMT Tactical and Old Geezer like this.
  30. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Many Europeans believe that they didn't need America's help to fight off the German NAZI regime. OK.

And also, what with the miracle of socialism, the European Union will come up with ways to feed the masses by growing mass quantities of food without fertilizer. Excellent.

Why should we help-out, given the above absolutes.

California was in a drought. When the mountains of snow up in the California mountains melt, there will likely be flooding. Agriculture in California's valleys has now achieved full water returns to their fields; some fields are flooding. Well gosh, all of that snow has yet to melt; only 20% of this winter's snow has melted. There's now that silly little 80% left to melt.

Mother Nature has no rules concerning any return of the 1930s "dust bowl" drought.

NOTHING is a given. One must prepare for the impossible because in this world, "impossible" events occur routinely.

America has enough on its plate! (Please forgive the bad pun.)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  31. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    the EU is just socialism by another name, a slightly softer form of communism, the ultimate goal has always been to do away with independent nations and have one country called Europe ruled by the bureaucrats in Brussels.
    trading was used as a sop to get countries to join but the end result was always going to be political and financial jackboots. they have never denied this.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  32. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Globalist, anti-American Kerry going after American farmers, following in footsteps of EU internationalists:

John Kerry Pushes Crackdown on American Farming to Fight ‘Global Warming’

https://slaynews.com/news/john-kerry-crackdown-american-farming-fight-global-warming/

"Democrat President Joe Biden’s so-called “climate czar” John Kerry is pushing for the U.S. federal government to crack down on farming in America to combat “global warming.”

"Kerry, Biden’s “special presidential envoy for climate,” recently warned that emissions from agriculture are preventing the world from combatting “climate change.”

"The former Secretary of State insists that America must massively reduce farming to meet the radical “green agenda” goals laid out by World Economic Forum (WEF) and the United Nations (UN).

"Kerry claims that agricultural production is responsible for roughly one-third of the world’s total greenhouse gas emissions.

"He argues that slashing agricultural emissions must be “front and center” in the quest “save the planet” by defeating “global warming.”

"Kerry made the remarks during the Department of Agriculture’s AIM (Agriculture Innovation Mission) for Climate Summit in Washington, D.C.

"However, Kerry failed to mention that the vital agriculture industry is undeniably responsible for the sustenance and continued existence of 100% of the world’s roughly 8 billion people."
    --------------------------------

TMT Tactical likes this.
  33. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Whoever protects you, owns you.

"My Socialist Hell: How Venezuela Uses Hunger to Control a Starving Population"

https://www.breitbart.com/latin-ame...a-uses-hunger-to-control-starving-population/

Begin quote

CARACAS, Venezuela – For the past 24 years (and counting) of socialist revolution, the ruling regime has used basic needs – housing, food, jobs – to force people to depend on the government.

Among the most important tools for this manipulation is the “Local Committees for Supply and Production,” or CLAP, a free food program born from the total economic collapse socialism caused in the country.

CLAP is a program that the Maduro regime implemented in 2016 to have each Communal Council (groups spread across the territory that answer to the socialist regime and organize the socialist party’s activities and whatnot) distribute a box, sometimes a bag, full of highly subsidized food to registered families.

The cost of the bag, at least in my local community, tends to hover around $1. This month, the bag cost 25 bolivars, a little less than $1, worth 28.23 bolivars as of May 26. This represents about one-sixth of the current minimum wage of 130 bolivars (roughly $5).

Reports of CLAP kits containing low quality, often outright rotten food full of worms have been abundant these past seven years and yet, because socialism destroyed the country’s economy and people’s ability to purchase food, many still have to rely on these bags for their sustenance. It’s like having your legs broken, but then being told you should be grateful that the person who broke your legs is loaning you a pair of broken clutches every now and then.

Just as you would sign to receive a package, you eventually must sign a spreadsheet as proof that you received your “benefit” from the socialist regime. No later than 24 hours, every recipient gets a text message on their phone, reminding them to log in to the Fatherland platform (a Chinese-built totalitarian system to control citizens) to keep track of what items they received.

End quote

TMT Tactical likes this.
  34. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Misguided climate cult or intentional starvation of the masses? Both? Globalists wish to be cowboys herding their "inferior" cattle people. Hey, often this works because of all the follower personality type people out there.

"US Climate Czar Announces War-Like Effort To Shut Down American Food Supply"

https://www.infowars.com/posts/us-c...ike-effort-to-shut-down-american-food-supply/
    ==========================

"Ireland Plans to Slaughter 200,000 Farting Cows to Save Planet from ‘Global Warming’"

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/06/ireland-plans-slaughter-200000-farting-cows-save-planet/

=======================

==================================

"Climate Confusion: How Global Warming Hysteria Leads to Bad Science, Pandering Politicians, and Misguided Policies that Hurt the Poor"

https://fee.org/articles/climate-co...ns-and-misguided-policies-that-hurt-the-poor/

"Dr. Roy Spencer is the principal research scientist at the University of Alabama at Huntsville. He has a Ph.D. in meteorology and was a senior climate scientist at NASA. Along with his colleague Dr. John Christy, he developed the original method for precise monitoring of global temperatures from earth-orbiting satellites. But unlike many scientists whose work impinges on public-policy debates, Spencer understands the importance of economic analysis in answering the fundamental question: “What should be done?” He recognizes that just because science may indicate a causal connection between human activity and some negative consequence—either for the environment or for other human beings—it doesn’t follow that policies should be implemented to curtail those activities. That is, the answer to the “should” question cannot come from the sciences.

"That is why, in the middle of his book about global warming, Spencer includes a cogent and well-schooled chapter on both basic economics and the relationship between freedom and prosperity. The title, 'It’s the Economics, Stupid,' conveys the importance he places on economic analysis not only for formulating policies toward global warming but also in determining whether there should be any such policies at all.

"Policies currently being enacted and proposed in the name of fighting global warming represent the biggest challenge to liberty of the last half-century. Those of us who cherish liberty need to come to grips with this issue and be able to discuss its ramifications intelligently. Spencer’s book is a great place to start."

====================================

"Earth Is About To Enter A 30-Year ‘Mini Ice Age’"

https://www.questionglobalwarming.com/?p=370

"Earth is bracing for a solar minimum: a dormant period in which the Sun radiates less energy or heat at our planet than usual. Scientists have warned that as a result of the Sun’s inactivity, Earth is likely to witness a ‘mini ice age’ that could bring extreme winters and chilly cold storms over the next 30 years.

"According to NASA, the Sun will reach its lowest activity in over 200 years in 2020. As it further goes into its natural hibernation phase, Earth will experience extremely cold spells which will trigger food shortages across the planet. The average temperatures could drop as much as one degree Celsius in a period lasting about 12 months. That might not sound a lot but a whole degree fall would have a significant impact on global average temperatures.

"Solar minimums are part of the Sun’s natural life cycle and occur once every 11 years. However, 2020’s minimum is going to be a special case. That’s because it marks the start of a rare event known as a Grand Solar Minimum, in which energy emitted from the Sun plummets down even more than usual. These only occur once every 400 years or so.

-----

"Modern Grand Solar Minimum will lead to terrestrial cooling"

Temperature (Austin). 2020; 7(3): 217–222.
    Published online 2020 Aug 4. doi: 10.1080/23328940.2020.1796243

Valentina Zharkova
    Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7575229/

"In this editorial I will demonstrate with newly discovered solar activity proxy-magnetic field that the Sun has entered into the modern Grand Solar Minimum (2020–2053) that will lead to a significant reduction of solar magnetic field and activity like during Maunder minimum leading to noticeable reduction of terrestrial temperature.

Old Geezer: I've taken Dr. Zharkova's chart and marked it up. Witness the very nasty heating-up of our planet in the past 10+ years. This would lead most folk to worry. This heating is due to the sun's activity. That CO2 levels are higher, it is easy for reactionary people to blame the CO2. Just after WWII, there was a cooling period due to increased industrial activity spewing sulfur into the atmosphere. Humans may have to once again spew sulfur up into the atmosphere, but before doing so, they better wait and see what effect the sun's reduction in radiation has on Earth. The number of factors is mind-numbing.

upload_2023-6-3_19-8-17.png

Back to the words of Dr. Zharkova:

"Conclusions

"In this editorial, I have demonstrated that the recent progress with understanding a role of the solar background magnetic field in defining solar activity and with quantifying the observed magnitudes of magnetic field at different times allowed us to enable reliable long-term prediction of solar activity on a millennium timescale. This approach revealed a presence of not only 11-year solar cycles but also of grand solar cycles with duration of 350–400 years. We demonstrated that these grand cycles are formed by the interferences of two magnetic waves with close but not equal frequencies produced by the double solar dynamo action at different depths of the solar interior. These grand cycles are always separated by grand solar minima of Maunder minimum type, which regularly occurred in the past forming well-known Maunder, Wolf, Oort, Homeric, and other grand minima.

"The reduction of a terrestrial temperature during the next 30 years can have important implications for different parts of the planet on growing vegetation, agriculture, food supplies, and heating needs in both Northern and Southern hemispheres. This global cooling during the upcoming grand solar minimum 1 (2020–2053) can offset for three decades any signs of global warming and would require inter-government efforts to tackle problems with heat and food supplies for the whole population of the Earth."

-------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Jun 3, 2023
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  35. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "Kansas Wheat Harvest Will Be The Smallest Since 1957 And U.S. Corn Is Being Absolutely Devastated By Drought"

https://theeconomiccollapseblog.com...rn-is-being-absolutely-devastated-by-drought/

"Significantly higher food prices are coming, because U.S. food production is going to be way below normal levels this year. That is really bad news, because food prices are already absurdly high. In some cases, people are paying as much for a full shopping cart full of food as they did for a used vehicle in the old days. I wish that I was exaggerating, but I am not. Unfortunately, food prices are only going to go higher because farmers and ranchers are being hit extremely hard from coast to coast. For example, it is being reported that wheat farmers in Kansas “will reap their smallest harvest in more than 60 years”…

"There were 166 million people living in the United States in 1957.

"Today, there are 331 million people.

"Well, it turns out that corn production is being greatly affected by drought as well. The following comes from a Newsweek article entitled “Corn Prices Set to Soar After Midwest Hit by Worst Drought in 30 Years”…

----------------------------------------

"Kansas wheat harvest looks to be historically small"

https://www.kwch.com/2023/06/05/kansas-wheat-harvest-looks-be-historically-small/

Begin quote

BUCYRUS, Kan. (KCTV) - Kansas has been called the country’s breadbasket. Now, wheat farmers in the state will reap their smallest harvest in more than 60 years.

This will go directly down the chain, from farmers to consumers at the grocery store.

Kansas flour mills will likely have to buy wheat grown in eastern Europe.

For decades, Kansas has led the nation in wheat production. The U.S. leads the world in in wheat exports, as well.

For the last two years, a drought has withered a lot of the crop.

Now, this year’s wheat harvest in Kansas is shaping up to be the smallest since 1957. That year, the Eisenhower administration intentionally suppressed wheat production.

End quote
    ---------------------------------

"Corn Prices Set to Soar After Midwest Hit by Worst Drought in 30 Years"

https://www.newsweek.com/corn-prices-soar-midwest-droughts-1804510

"An unusually dry May in the Midwest has raised concerns over this year's corn crop in the Corn Belt, the region stretching from the panhandle of Texas up to North Dakota and east to Ohio which dominates the country's corn production.

"On May 25, the National Integrated Drought Information System (NIDIS) released an early warning report saying that about 27 percent of the Midwest was experiencing an abnormally dry period that could lead to a drought, while 9 percent is already experiencing a drought.

"According to the agency, the region has been much drier than normal in the past four to six weeks, and conditions are expected to worsen in the following weeks, possibly extending the areas affected by droughts. While this is not a new issue for the Midwest, it is early in the year for the region to experience such a dry period."
    ----

TMT Tactical likes this.
  36. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "Drug And Food Shortages Are Here, And They Will Get A Lot Worse…"

https://endoftheamericandream.com/drug-and-food-shortages-are-here-and-they-will-get-a-lot-worse/

"A lot of the experts didn’t think that this would happen. Once the pandemic subsided, global supply chains were supposed to return to normal. But now “hundreds of drugs” are in short supply in the United States, and even CNN is admitting that we are in the midst of “the worst food crisis in modern history”. As I did research for this article, I was stunned by what I discovered. Things are worse than I realized. I knew that a lot of drugs were in short supply, but it turns out that there have been shortages of many of our most basic antibiotics since last October, and now Pfizer is telling us that several types of penicillin will completely run out later this year…

"A global famine has begun.

"And it will eventually get a whole lot worse.

"If you have not been preparing for such a scenario, I would strongly encourage you to get started."

TMT Tactical likes this.
  37. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    What started well over a year ago is now having its effects.

"A Deliberate Attack on the Food Supply Chain"

https://astutenews.com/2022/04/a-deliberate-attack-on-the-food-supply-chain/

"The perfect storm is already here and we are in the middle of it. It is global game played by the elite. Brace yourself because it won’t be pretty.

"Coordinated action is taking place in order to destroy food supply chain. So consequently we will experience food shortages with great geopolitical implications. For some years now so called great humanitarians like Gates and others are linking farming (livestock) to climate changes. Their laughable theory about cow farts increasing global heating are just not worth commenting about. Their goal all along was to disrupt food supply chain in order to control humanity. And now they are finally on verge of succeeding it. But in order for us to see this we need to look at different factors and connect them.

"And as mentioned above, the elite want to eliminate meat out of our menu. They are trying to replace meat with bugs or lab grown meat. Who knows, what lab grown meat can contain or what hidden agenda is behind this push. But since we are not buying this narrative, they will cut us of from food supply and let us with gmo vegetables and fake meat. Ofcourse to those, who will behave properly and won’t be cut from digital money, but that is another story.

"War (you can call it special operation if you want) between Ukraine and Russia is important part of this and it came just in time for global food crisis agenda. It is true that both are called “breadbasket” countries for Europe and beyond. Ukraine harvest will be disrupted or there even won’t be one in some parts of country. And on other side Russia won’t export or wil export only to friendly nations. So either way because of this there will be shortages on global market and not just in Europe.

"Another thing that we have to be aware of is global shortages of fertilizers. And this is another of deliberate destruction, that is taken place in recent years. Those among you, that regularly follow this topic, knows, that in recent years, there were tens of accidents in fertilizer plants. But to simply believe, that so many explosions, fires…and accidents happen without being sabotaged is naive. No, this is deliberate destruction of fertilizers, that fits in bigger picture.

"So, as we have seen, they are attacking food supply chain from multiple directions. Besides raising prices and disruptions, there is also geopolitical consequences that might happen. It is expected, that the most hit part will be global south. It could destabilize whole regions and I wouldn’t be surprised, if ends in balkanization of this regions."

TMT Tactical likes this.
  38. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "Farmland In California Could Be Underwater For Years"

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/farmland-california-could-be-underwater-years

"A conveyor belt of atmospheric river storms has refilled a once-dormant California lake, putting some of the nation's most important farmland at risk as it is now underwater.

"Central California's Tulare Lake is refilled for the first time in four decades. Jeffrey Mount, a senior fellow at the Water Policy Center of the Public Policy Institute of California, told NBC News it could take at least a year for the water in the lakebed to evaporate.

"An onslaught of snow and rain from dozens of storms that battered California early this year has caused upwards of $5 billion in damage between December 2022 and March 2023, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

"United States Department of Agriculture meteorologist Brad Rippey told Bussiness Insider earlier this month, 'While it's unclear how deep Tulare Lake is now, if it's similar to its former average depth of about 30 feet, that would translate to more than one trillion gallons of water that have flooded the region so far this year.'

"The bad news is that a lot of the nation's produce is sourced from the Tulare Lake Basin. Any disruption to supply will mean higher produce prices."

TMT Tactical likes this.
  39. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    --- about half way through the video , it gets to the point . Wal-Mart is reportedly prioritizing which stores get the stuff , including food . Democrat areas / cites are last to get supplies due to the un-lawful habits of those areas . Look for this food rationing to be on the increase , as Democrat dominant areas , morels continue to sink .

Last edited: Jan 20, 2024
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  40. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I remember being shown my family's ration books from WWII.

Post SHTF, it will be your garden and the local farmers providing veggies.

Raising cattle for meat will be way too expensive and wasteful. Pasture lands will be converted to the growing of veggies and grains.

This reminds me once again to get off my butt and do maintenance on my lawn and garden machines. It's actually been way to cold for this old man to get out there and work (well below freezing temperatures); however, I should have done these things in the fall of 2023, not here in winter. Yep, getting old. This old body just isn't cooperating. Looks like it will be sons and friends of sons who will have to help me. I've got the decades of experience and the tools/machines.

Maybe I'll be better suited to be the educator and the guard, the sharpshooter watching the gardens. I'll whip-out my night vision toys. Recent trips to the rifle range tell me that I'm still good; however, not the expert I used to be. I'd not steal from anybody who had an armed guard with my rifle skill-set. I'd be terrified of a man who could shoot as well as I ... even now that I'm this age. I have my maternal grandfather to thank for teaching me / wiring my brain to be a hunter as a boy. I have Sgt.Mjr to thank for the shooting discipline. God bless them in the next world. I am eternally grateful.

It's now the younger generations for whom I prep. Me, I'm rather dead. I'm OK with that. Maybe I'll go out in a firefight. That indeed would be a mercy. I sure as hell don't want to linger. However, lord knows I'll not just give up. I'm not wired like that. I'll fight to the end. I simply don't know any other behavior pattern. If somebody expects me to be suicidal, that could be a most fatal evaluation on their part. My brain isn't wired like that. My central nervous system is in "Protection Mode" right now. My soul observes this CNS phenomenon. My dead family and friends visit me in my dreams. Did last night. We'll see who comes to me in my dreams tonight.:)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  41. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    we got rid of our lawn when we moved in here, life is too short to mow grass.
    I dont think rationing as per WW2 will work on modern people, they wont stand in line meekly anymore they will just steal and not pay for what they want, shoplifting here is a major crime epidemic these days never mind WTSHTF.
    shoplifting or retail theft as it officially known costs £9Million a MONTH in London alone.

42. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    As I couldn't find a break down from someone whose butt is shaped like the bottom of a chair , decided to get my globe out and take a look for myself as to which imports destined for the United States that would normally be transported through the Red Sea would be highly effected by the War . Products from China will definitely take a leap in prices . Tiwan manufacturing those washing machines would be heavily effected . Saudi Arabia shipping oil will have to take the long way around . That is just a few countries whose exported products will likely be effected by the 450% increase in shipping costs . If our members have a globe , map or something they may want to take a look for themselves . --- That ain't even addressing the Panama Canal's ongoing crisis .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  43. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    the Houthis have said that Russian or Chinese ships will be guaranteed safe passage through the Red Sea.
    as far as food goes we personally try to buy British and as local as we can, but clothes and footwear (which we buy only occasionally) tend to be imported mostly from China sometimes Pakistan or India.
    shipments of oil would be the main casualties making fuel much dearer .

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  44. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Years back, some members of a neighborhood got all upset about a neighbor growing a garden in their front yard. As I remember, the gardener lost. Some asinine town statute forbade gardening in the front yard. One was only allowed to grow veggies in their back yard. Hide your vegetables, someone could panic!!! :eek::eek::eek:

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

My position: The dirt belongs to me. Do please explain to me why the sight of vegetable plants is some sort of horror.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  45. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    hide your veggies anyway post SHTF, I grow mine is large tubs so they can be moved about, either to hide them or moved into sun shine.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  46. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    My garden is on my property's side of a huge hedge row; never the less, there's no way of hiding such a thing. I could never put that much stuff in containers. I guess one could get some truckloads of railroad-track cross-ties and use those. People have. Seen the pictures online. Let's go look ...

Poof!

[​IMG]

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Old Geezer
      That's just too much work for me at this age. My back, sacroiliacs, and hips are shot. Raising squash in containers is VERY doable. One could just let the vines droop over the sides. Tire stacks for potatoes.

Old Geezer, Jan 21, 2024
      TMT Tactical likes this.
  47. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    we dont need to grow that much stuff for just 2 people, post SHTF it wont be about quantity it will be about successive sowing to maintain supply. and to store enough for over winter.
    like everything else post SHTF growing food is about not making it too complicated.

TMT Tactical likes this.