Faraday Bags

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by randyt, Aug 27, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    I heard about a faraday bag. Basically if a cell phone is put in it all tracking is defeated. I heard on the news that Gilselle Maxwell had her phone in some kind of a bag or box. She was epstein's "pimp" or so it's been said.

It may be a handy thing, I don't know. If I was trying to elude I would put my fully charged phone in a cross country semi rig and then go in a different direction.

TMT Tactical and Rebecca like this.
  2. Rebecca

Rebecca Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    I read that same story about Maxwell and the faraday bag.

The company I purchased my solar panels and lithium ion batteries from also sells faraday bags. They have a huge number of specs listed showing what the bags are supposed to protect your equipment from. Their emphasis is more on EMP protection for the solar system that cell tracking of course. But if their specs are accurate and if the bags actually work I have no idea.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    EMP land:
    https://www.amazon.com/faraday-cage-cell-phone/s?k=faraday+cage+cell+phone

If your reasons run to "other":

Use burner phones if you must go with a cell phone. If the comm is critical, you'll have to go shortwave with encryption. Use the most illegal encryption you can afford. Xmit then scoot. Don't want anyone vectoring in on you. And brother, I mean that it ain't gonna be no sissy FCC you gotta worry about should you use certain levels of encryption.
    Xmit, then scoot.
    Some boys like to shoot.

TMT Tactical and randyt like this.