Fatal Freeze In The Midwest

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Photon Guy, Jan 30, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Photon Guy

Photon Guy Expert Member
      160/173

Blog Posts:
    So right now there is a big freeze in the midwest with temperatures low enough to rival those of Antarctica. People have died from the freeze. I am not in the midwest so Im getting the outskirts so to all those in the midwest you've got my prayers and you've got my sympathy. Make sure you've got good supplies and enough to see you through. Stay alive and stay warm.

Keith H. and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I thought I would take this opportunity to remind people that this is likely to get worse if we do not do something to stabilise climate change!!!
    af6ddf96be19f042e79208aa0c5fa73e.jpeg
    Keith.

3. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    When I walked out this morning it was so cold it hurt. I think the temp was - 3. Yes, that is a minus sign. Fortunately, it is dry. We don't have to worry about precipitation to go along with life threatening cold. Dress in layers, and be prepared for it. Layers are the key.

Good news! This is the Midwest. If you don't like the weather wait 20 minutes and it will change. That is just the way it is. Temps over the weekend are supposed to be high 50's. You gotta laugh, because you are to big to cry. That is simply our cross to bear.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Oldguy

Oldguy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    The decent into an "ICEAGE" starts with longer harder winters and shorter sharper summers
    Look out your windows people and see the truth rather than the properganda!

TMT Tactical and Keith H. like this.
  5. Photon Guy

Photon Guy Expert Member
      160/173

Blog Posts:
  6. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    AND you left Arizona for this??? In the winter my layer consists of 1 insulated shirt, a tee shirt and I am done.

Alaskajohn and Morgan101 like this.
  7. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I know TMT. You gotta think " he was drunk again, or he was off his meds." I can't say I regret it because I have had a wonderful life here, and there was much to offer in Missouri that Arizona didn't have at the time. My brother and sister still live there, and I would move back in a heartbeat, no doubt. This time of year really makes you wonder. Still hoping to get back in retirement.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Photon Guy

Photon Guy Expert Member
      160/173

Blog Posts:
    Here is an informative video on cold weather survival.

TMT Tactical and TexDanm like this.
  9. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    This was a really good video. Thanks for sharing it with us.

As I watched it I thought about how true it is to be prepared at all times to survive the unexpected. While I don't live someplace where snow is ever an issue I nonetheless could have weather related issues and being out in the rain when it is near freezing is not good. Being stranded in your car out in the sun in August can be just about as deadly as the people stuck in a blizzard.

I carry one of those better level space blanket/tarps because it is a double duty device. Turned with the mylar to your body it keeps you warm. Put up behind you when you build a fire it reflects the heat back to you keeping you warm. Turned with the mylar away from you it reflects heat AWAY just as well as it kept it to you. In the heat you need shade just as badly as you needed a blanket in the cold and this does a great job of that for one or two people.

Something that some of you may not know that is VERY important is that at times, even when you can't get a signal for your cell phone you CAN text messages. This is because the data stream for a text is tiny while the text stream for talking is constant and on going. When we were last hit with a hurricane you couldn't get service for anything. Part of that was damage to the system and part of it was that it was over loaded by people calling to check on and in with family and calling for help. They put it out on the radio for people to please text instead and even when you couldn't call your texts went right through. In an emergency even if there is no service try to text...

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Good video and good point about phone texting. Thanks to all for posting.

11. Oldguy

Oldguy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    In the 70's and 80's the global warmers kept saying there would be snowless winters all over the USA by 2010 and the sea level would have riaen more than a metre and most everything coastal would be flooded.

Hahahahahahahaha

It was "Bollocks then and still is"

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    When you all down south are finished playing in our cold weather, please send it back up our way!

Stay frosty!

TMT Tactical likes this.