favorite food?

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by BeautifullyBree, Jul 8, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. BeautifullyBree

BeautifullyBree Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    What is your favorite food? Do you like to cook it yourself or order from a restaurant? I have many favorite foods. Some of them are tacos, enchiladas, pizza, hamburgers, and spaghetti. I cook them all myself except enchiladas. I haven't learned how to cook enchiladas yet. My grandmother used to cook them and they were the most delicious food. I've been craving them lately.

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I am the chief cook & bottle washer during the week, but my wife cooks on weekends. I don't think I have any special dinners. I like plain foods. Baked beans on toast, eggs on toast, chops & veg, I like to get chinese take-away once in a while. My wife makes pizzas which are good & a nice change. Pea & ham soup, stews are good, roasts & guess would be a favourite.
    Keith.

BeautifullyBree likes this.
  3. BeautifullyBree

BeautifullyBree Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    Those foods all sound delicious. That reminds me I haven't made a roast in a while, and I will have to add that to my grocery list next week. I too enjoy Chinese takeout occasionally. There is a restaurant in town that makes delicious food. Handmade pizza is fun to make what an awesome wife you have!

Keith H. likes this.
  4. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Elk tenderloin is my favorite meal with a salad and garlic bread with french dressing

BeautifullyBree likes this.
  5. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Expert Member
      158/173

Blog Posts:
    Cooking is one of my passion in life and even when I was still single I am already cooking good foods for my family. That is why when I got married they all missed my cooking that is why once a year I go for a vacation in my home country just for them. I think that I am good in preparing and cooking pasta dishes and no bake desserts. I do have my own recipes and what I called recipes of my grandmother and mother whom I improvised.

6. kamar19

kamar19 Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    I have many favorite foods myself, and they are all pant based, I love vegan Tacos, Smoothies, salads, some veggie burgers. I rather cook my own food, but I enjoy eating out, as long as it's in a place that has plenty of vegan options.

7. Sino

Sino Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    What is my favorite food? I'd have to say my favorite is lasagna. I've always loved lasagna since I was a little kid. My dad would make it every weekend and I never got sick of it, not even to this day I'm not sick of it!

8. AWPEK

AWPEK New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    I don't necessarily have one favorite food, but rather I have many. My favorite foods would have to be pizza, hamburger, hot dog, spaghetti with meatballs and any kind of Japanese foods. I like my pizza warm with the toppings of beef and pepperoni. Hot dogs I don't really mind what's on them, but still, I want them on wheat buns. My spaghetti with meatballs definitely needs a lot of meatballs or else I won't be satisfied with one serving and will ask for more than six servings. Now as for Japanese foods I would love noodles, sushi, rice with eggs, and some custom Japanese desserts after I am finished.

9. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    meat, meat and more meat....i'm a carnivore.

10. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    My favourite food is stiff porridge with beans or simsim with plenty of onions and avocadoes. I especially like raw onions on any fish with avocadoes seasoned with pepper and salt. I like it warm but not hot or cold.

11. kingrichez

kingrichez New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    My favorite meal is steak and eggs, high protein low carbs.

12. Rhomhie Morelh Campo

Rhomhie Morelh Campo New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    I really love Pasta's because of it's sweet and sometime's sour flavoring that savors in your taste buds, especially when my mom aunt cook's the pasta, i feel like i'm in different places, and also i'll be the one who finish the platter after. :D

13. iamawriter

iamawriter Well-Known Member
      88/115

Blog Posts:
    I am a chocolate foodie. Whenever I have travelled abroad which has been quite a bit my main luggage has been chocolates. I also get them online. I recently I got a tin of Nestle's Wallsteet and as I am writing this I am relishing one (lol)

14. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member
      77/115

Blog Posts:
    I prefer home meals over restaurants. I've been raised to always sit down at the table for each meal. We always ate as a family so it's important for me now too and I still practice this tradition.

I mainly cook even though my partner is quite handy in the kitchen too. My favorite type of food is more Italian based. So a lot of pasta with different sauces, spaghetti carbonara or maybe a well-done lasagna with some lettuce salad? I am hungry now.

15. Dejah

Dejah New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    I have a lot of favorite foods and pretty much all of them are fatty greasy foods that aren't good to eat everyday of your life. I can eat these foods all the time, even though they aren't the healthiest, I just cant resist myself. My all time favorite is lasagna which is shocking because I had a terrible experience with lasagna when I was little that caused me to stop eating it for years, until I recently tried it again not to long ago and fell in love. Another food that is honestly the best food ever is pizza. Anyone who doesn't like pizza is crazy because I know I get so excited when I know I'm having pizza to eat. Junk foods as well like ice cream, candy, and wings, tacos, foods like that will never get old. I do try to eat healthy but there's nothing like having junk food to snack on every now and then.

16. wizzywiz

wizzywiz New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    My favorite food is pounded yam and egusi soup. My mum is the one who usually prepares it for the family. I don't usually have the opportunity to cook in my house because my sisters usually do the cooking.

17. Chiari

Chiari New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    I discovered I like to cook very recently. My special recipes are desserts: lemon pie, red fruits trifle, and truffles. My favorite meals are salads, Asian food, Argentinean barbecue, and pasta ;) Oooh, and I almost forget ice cream:oops:

18. omegaman

omegaman Expert Member
      123/173

Blog Posts:
    Pitepalt with raw-stirred lingonberries and a big chunk of butter. Mine are good, but my mums are awesome.

19. Woodsbum

Woodsbum Expert Member
      163/173

Blog Posts:
    Bacon, wrapped in bacon, smothered in bacon. Oh , with a side of bacon.
    Seriously I'll eat just about anything if it's cooked right.

20. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    If the food is really bad for your heart, I probably love it. I do love orange juice, however. That's probably not so bad for your heart. I had someone tell me that orange juice had too much sugar in it. Screw them.

Spam. On the 8th day, God created spam. Country ham and eggs ... and gravy. Spam and eggs. Fried just a bit crispy, Spam.

Keith H. likes this.
  21. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Mate the video was not showing on my email notification of your post, so I was going to post this video in my reply. I see you already have it, good one:)
    Regards, Keith.
    PS. After cyclone Tracey Xmas 1974, all the aid center had for people was tins of Spam!!! We had it just like on the video only without the eggs or the beans!!! Eventually we got sick of eating just spam & I went bush to hunt some real meat. Luckily my two guns had not got blow away (everything else was!). I found them just lying on the floor! There was only the floor left!!!

22. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Spam storage: Once upon a time, or maybe still, Spam came in plastic packs; one plastic pack = one slice of Spam. This, one imagines, met the need for a sandwich-sized spam-unit. I liked them for that very reason, so I put some back. I discovered that they would go funky before one year's time.

Store plastic-pack Spam? No
    Store canned Spam? Yes

Keith H. likes this.
  23. Kootenay prepper

Kootenay prepper Expert Member
      227/230

Blog Posts:
    Favorite food is spaghetti with tomatoe and elk meat sauce or any red meat cooked over a campfire.