Feral Hogs In News

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Nov 26, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      452/460

Blog Posts:
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-wo...-outside-home-in-unbelievably-tragic-incident

Good morning all,

Above tells of a tragedy involving feral hogs.

Whenever there is a somewhat big weather emergency here, I do not walk outside this shack without some sort of pole. I keep a couple next to the door. We don't have a feral hog problem but do have rabid raccoons and other infected types showing up during weather disturbances.

Morgan101, Radar and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard !
      480/575

Blog Posts:
    Just another good reason for folks to go armed. Wild dogs, coyotes and feral pigs are just a few of the real nasty surprises we can run into.

Morgan101, Rebecca and Caribou like this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Moderator Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    feral hogs, or wild boar as we call them here, have escaped or been released from rural farms over the years and now are everywhere in the English countryside, but very few people have actually seen one, a hunt was organised a few years ago but despite all the arrangement none were actually found. wild boar are very good at ripping up people lawns and pasture, they are natures tractor.

TMT Tactical, Morgan101 and Caribou like this.
  4. Morgan101

Morgan101 Master Survivalist
      455/460

Blog Posts:
    That is a horrible tragedy; prayers for her friends and family. Texas has had a real problem with feral hogs for some time. Maybe TexDanm can weigh in. They are prolific breeders, and you can never get ahead of the problem. Damage caused is in the billions annually.

I agree with TMT. You should never go out unarmed.

https://wildpiginfo.msstate.edu/damage-caused-by-pigs.html

TMT Tactical and Caribou like this.