Finane and PMs

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Requests' started by ukpreppergurl, May 27, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. ukpreppergurl

ukpreppergurl Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Would it be possible to have a sub-forum for Finances and Precious Metals? This is an extremely important aspect of prepping and I think a section devoted to this topic would definitely be valuable to myself, and to many others.

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    you should probably ask the question to Branch.
    personally apart from having an "emergency fund" made up of several denominations of paper money and coins, I see no place for precious metals in a survival event, some people do but I don't.

3. ukpreppergurl

ukpreppergurl Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Not sure who or what 'branch' is - so if you could point me in the right direction that would be helpful.

I do have PMs and I know a lot of other preppers who do, so there's very much a place for them, I feel.

4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    BRANCHd77 the owner of this site !!:rolleyes:

Last edited: May 27, 2016
    ukpreppergurl likes this.
  5. branchd77

branchd77 Administrator Staff Member Gold Supporter
      257/345

Blog Posts:
    Both sections have been added. Thank you for the suggestions.

ukpreppergurl likes this.
  6. judyd1

judyd1 New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I agree that not too many of what we consider "precious" metals will be of much value in a collapsed society. The main reason they are valuable is because a certain segment of society has imbued them with increasing value, based on quantity of metals and the quantity of people fighting over ownership. There will be items that are much more valuable for bartering or exchange. Survival goods like food, medicines and natural resources. Who's going to buy your gold or silver? Who's going to set the price?

7. explorerx7

explorerx7 Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    I have seen in near past it has been wise to invest in gold. The price of gold has soared in the last quarter of 2015 after having somewhat fallen earlier in the year. The gold rush is on again as there are jitters about the US economy and the downturn in the Chinese growth forecasts. I believe it may be a good time to be involved in the gold rush.

8. judyd1

judyd1 New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Yes, but in an economic collapse, what use would it be? You can't eat it, you can't sell it. You need things you can barter or trade. Metals are only called precious because a human being has slapped that label on it. Look at paper money. It's just paper, for heaven's sake. But because society puts a certain value on it, and uses it to barter your time with, we give it a tangible, human value.