Find water with coconut

Discussion in 'Finding, Purifying, and Storing Water' started by SirJoe, Jun 17, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. SirJoe

SirJoe Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    I don't know how accurate this is but if it does work it's an interesting way to find water.

this one is has lower image quality but it exemplify the technique a little better.

Bonzer likes this.
  2. Bonzer

Bonzer New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    WOW! that's a wonderful find. In the second video, they're talking in Telugu, a south Indian language in India. If the coconut stands in the palm, then there is enough ground water around. If it falls flat in the palm, there isn't much water there. Before the advent of modern science and latest methodologies, farmers have used these techniques extensively and had good success rates in India. Amazing stuff!

SirJoe likes this.
  3. SirJoe

SirJoe Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    There are a lot of different methods out there but this was the first time that I had seen people using a coconut. It does seem to work very well, it would have really been great if they filmed them digging were the coconut stood up to show the ground water.

4. Bonzer

Bonzer New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Even I saw it for the first time even though, I'm a native Telugu man. Heck, urban life takes a lot outta us. These rural guys never know what stress is all about albeit they too have problems in their life. They eat well and sleep well. They can even put latest farming techniques to shame. huh!

SirJoe likes this.
  5. SirJoe

SirJoe Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    I'm just glad that these things get recorded and become public knowledge. There have been a lot of methods that were used in the past that have disappeared and that no one knows of them anymore.

6. Endure

Endure Expert Member
      130/140

Blog Posts:
    Interesting. I wonder How does it actually works to find the groundwater density. Wherever the water density is available, the coconut stands without any support in the hand. This is rather similar to water dowsing technique with any other stuff, but water dowsing is questionable at best.

7. SirJoe

SirJoe Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    It is rather strange but I have found some more videos using this technique. There are people that were able to make a name for themselves in the past due to water dowsing, it isn't as used now days but it was a must in the past.

8. Valerie

Valerie Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    It is quite interesting! Thanks for sharing. First time I've seen this kind of method for finding ground water. It seems quite reliable, too, especially if these people have been utilizing this method for as long as they have.
    Next time I'm around coconuts that aren't from the supermarket, I'm going to have to try it.

9. SirJoe

SirJoe Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    Please do. I am not sure that it works it would have been another matter if the person in question would have dug into the ground and pulled out some water. Don't forget to share your experience and hopefully you do find some water.