Fixing My Bench Grinder....

Discussion in 'Other Not Listed Situations' started by watcherchris, Jan 6, 2023.

0/5, 0 votes

1. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I have been devoutly procrastinating on this job for some time even though I have been sitting on the parts needed ...again..for some time.

Mostly I have been devoutly sitting in my Lazy Boy....but for some reason this evening..I got up off my Donkey and sojourned out to my garage and put a new 60 grit grinding wheel on one side of my bench grinder and on the other side I put a new buffing wheel.

This buffing wheel I often use with jeweler's rouge and polish certain metals....and it does a great job.

I do not often use the bench grinder but like many of my tools ...it is of great help when I do. Hence, I need to keep it ready for use when needed......rather than when needed find out it is in unsatisfactory shape and not able to handle the task/tasks.

I do a lot of fabricating of metals ...when needed ..on this bench grinder...also my electric angle grinder and my welding machine.

This saves me a lot of time and monies......when needed. I am not always dependent on paying someone else for these kinds of tasks.

Yes....this too is prepping.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    One never quite knows when one is called upon to use one's knowledge/skills to repair/maintain ...and or fabricate to keep one's systems going and thus ones lifestyle...

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I also have a bench grinder but dont use it much these days.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    by lonewolf...

Oh....quite right on that lonewolf....me too...

But.....

When I need to use it...I need to have it in good workings order..

I also have one of those tools with the steel wheels on it to square up the edges of the grinding wheels...

One of the skills taught to me by the olde timers in this shipyard...is to sharpen drill bits on a bench grinder by hand.

In this kind of task...this bench grinder has bailed me out of a tight spot several times ...rather than run to the stores for new bits...or the stores being closed when I need new bits.

Sometimes....accompanied by very colorful language skills...when you need a sharp drill bit....you cannot find one....and are short on time. Pure aggravation. The stuff of nightmares.

My bench grinder to the rescue...

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I have a huge stock of drill bits, complete sets, more than enough to see out my lifetime.
    its called prepping.....:D

TMT Tactical and watcherchris like this.