Flood Prep Dance

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Sep 21, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/17/arts/dance/whitney-biennial-dance.html

Good morning all,

Per title...

Article leads with "... enlists dancers in a work to express the reality of the climate crisis".

Article has picture of Madeline Hollander using her hair as camouflage.

What got my attention in article: "Bracing for super-storms 'has to become more of a pedestrian routine and less of an emergency procedure'". Good point.

Also in article: "Ms Hollander has found inspiration in evacuation drills,..". I am guessing the Whitney Museum of American Art is well funded because evac drills have costs.

Overall, Ms Hollander's theme is good for our culture. This flood prep dance reminds me of China's "Victory Dance".

I am now in the mood to glance through a J.C. Whitney catalog of auto stuff.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    usual leftish gibberish.
    what are they going to do next, a SUN dance every morning?

Old Geezer and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Lone Wolf,

Of course it's gibberish.

Still, the focus on flood prep and routinely addressing these matters is far better than free concerts to end hunger in the world and the rest of the Joan Baez stuff.

Again, it's an improvement.

Just don't expect the ballet shoes to be replaced by rubber boots.

4. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    After Amelda this week we need someone to do a NO-MORE rain dance!! The little town where my wife grew up got 43.2"/107.4cm of rain from that little storm! When you get nearly 3 1/2 feet of rain rubber boots don't help much.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning TexDanm,

Still following Imelda flooding. Am guessing you're a little away from the yardstick plus waters.

Since the rain dances and the anti-rain dances haven't worked so far, my views are a gradual buy-out of residential housing and help 'em move inland.

Besides the physical dangers of the flood waters, they're saturated with diseases. The air-boat rescue means that the survivor must be disinfected prior to entering an emergency shelter - presuming the shelter is a safe haven - and this requires skilled staffing. Can't speak for Texas but in Virginia - must stop for now.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Imelda was weird. It came in and stopped. 30 miles south of me got flooded with a foot to a foot and a half of rain. Southeast of me got the 43.2 inches. Where I live we got THREE-TENTHS of an inch!!! We wanted some rain. We have been under a burning ban for almost a month and the trees and grass are dry and thirsty. We finally got some when the storm broke up and scattered a couple of days after the floods South of us but it wasn't anything heavy.

I made a big post on the Imelda thread about it.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning TexDanm,

Had just read above and your nearby big post.

Imelda teaches us not to rely on the last weather emergency; only use as an indicator.

"Be prepared" means to prepare for the unexpected.

You're dry up in your neck o' the woods while Houston's I-610 loop looks like boat ramps. We've got a similar environment here.

TMT Tactical likes this.