Flooding + Pandemic: Real Worry

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Mar 28, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
  2. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    This is a huge concern for us. I am not a scientist by any means, but understand that all of the natural waterways are a plumbing system. When major arteries like the Mississippi or the Missouri flood, the water that naturally drains in to them has no place to go. They back up just like your sink or your bathtub. Here is a projection for Missouri. It is supposed to be better than last year, but not by much. Rainfall is a huge variable, and an unknown.

https://www.columbiamissourian.com/...cle_b350e0e0-6246-11ea-95ec-9f157b31b35d.html

3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Morgan,

Just read the link.

At one time the Army C of E kept the Intercoastal Waterway dredged to 12 feet. Today, a good number frequently recorded is 6 feet.

I believe Everatt has a view of their levees like New Orleans used to have.

Soon flooding starts here. Loss of life can be minimized until the hurricanes arrive after June. Then: dangers. We are not set up for flooding. We do, however, have many parks with picnic tables.

4. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    We know the worst is yet to come. Snow melt is usually the culprit, and local rains don't help. We usually see the worst in April and May. By June it is passed. We will pray and keep our fingers crossed. We have been hit twice in the last four years.

5. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    A huge portion along the Mississippi Delta region is already saturated . Farmers can not plant " rice maybe ". However it is my understanding the crops for the up-coming year are sold even before they are planted and I doubt all the crop orders put in for the pre- bought crop was rice . We can only hope it will dry out in time to get a crop in .

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020