Food Shortages....????

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by watcherchris, Jan 31, 2023.

0/5, 0 votes

1. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
  2. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Be Warned these Ishmaelites...

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    we did our normal monthly big(well big for us) shop last week, there were NO shortages in the 2 stores we went into, and I havent heard of any shortages anywhere else, what we do have this side of the pond is cost of living inflation, food prices are currently running about +16.7% and a report said that people would be paying about £788 MORE on average on their annual shopping bill.

TMT Tactical and watcherchris like this.
  4. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Similar here lonewolf and expected to get worse...

I have discretely notified several conservative people at work to quietly and discretely begin stocking any locker they can obtain with long shelf life foods.....very discreetly.
    The other Ishmaelite types would think you are crazy....

If nothing happens....they will not have lost much ...in stocking up

But if for no other reason....Inflation will bring about shortages of everything....by the very destruction of the system of capital.....and by this...destruction of the means of production.

Inflation....the depreciation of the value of the money....loss of purchasing power...

Inflation is work you do for which you get no goods or services.....which also happens to be the definition of a tax...

You are getting taxed twice....and your/our leadership does not want us to know or be able to think this far on our own and without permission. We are to remain stupid...dumbed down..

It does not matter what party is in power...they all inflate the monies.

The shortages will get worse under a system of inflation..

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    from John Maynard Keynes.... "Economic Consequences of the Peace"

Circa 1919

II

INFLATION AND DEFLATION

Lenin is said to have declared that the best way to destroy the Capitalist System was to debauch the currency. By a continuing process of inflation, Governments can confiscate, secretly and unobserved, an important part of the wealth of their citizens. By this method they not only confiscate, but they confiscate arbitrarily; and, while the process impoverishes many, it actually enriches some. The sight of this arbitrary rearrangement of riches strikes not only at security, but at confidence in the equity of the existing distribution of wealth. Those to whom the system brings windfalls, beyond their deserts and even beyond their expectations or desires, become "profiteers," who are the object of the hatred of the bourgeoisie, whom the inflationism has impoverished, not less than of the proletariat. As the inflation proceeds and the real value of the currency fluctuates wildly from month to month, all permanent relations between debtors and creditors, which form the ultimate foundation of capitalism, become so utterly disordered as to be almost meaningless; and the process of wealth-getting degenerates into a gamble and a lottery.

Lenin was certainly right. There is no subtler, no surer means of overturning the existing basis of Society than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose.

Most people today have never heard of John Maynard Keynes or his book The Economic Consequences of the Peace.
    Nor have they ever heard of Keynes's quote of Lennin...above..
    But they sure know about the gods of sports....the big screen and television.

Ishmaelites run wild....

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Very similar here. No shortages to speak of. However, the cost of living here has really skyrocketed. Food prices are ridiculous. They blame the bushfires, then the floods, then the war in Ukraine, blah, blah, blah. All I know is it's getting increasingly difficult to make ends meet.

I don't know what the cost of gas and electricity is like in the UK now, but here ... geez. Things are getting worse and worse.

7. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Just remember our survival principles. It's the best we can do. We try. We attempt to see what could be coming. Who knows what will be coming. Again, we try to do our best. Me, I have no crystal ball. I do know that things as they are cannot continue. The systems that prop-up our current way of life cannot continue.

You've been cutting back the brush surrounding your house as your previous posts indicated -- good for you! This will to a great degree prevent brush fires from getting to your home. Keep wood for your stove, grow as many veggies as you can. When it hits the fan and governments are disempowered, we who prep will be FAR more free to do what we need to do. Do what you need to do. Oppose Big Brother dictates. Such dictates are invalid in the face of core human rights. My hope is that all of the deep state leaders perish.

My sincere wish is that you and your fellow Aussies do well! I hate your government with ALL that is within me. Your police forces need to be cut-off from all funding. Those who follow the dictates of central government nut-case authoritarians need to be taken-off at the knees. There is but the Will of our Creator and His Holy Messengers. Those humans who would be gods need to stepped-on even as ants and roaches.

Keep your head held high. I know that you will do this thing being the noble person you are. God's speed to you and yours.

watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.
  8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    the trouble relying on "the system" whether that is food supplies, energy supplies or anything else is that the system can fail, anything man made is liable to failure at some point. try telling the sheeple that though!!
    the idea of prepping is that one can survive and adapt when everything around us is collapsing.
    this is why I grow a lot of our own fruit and veg, not all of it, its just a hobby at the moment but it can be expanded once the commercial supply line is cut.
    same with stored food, I have this motto that "it is better on my shelf" than in a supermarket 20 miles away-we live in a rural area.
    also I buy non food items " when I see them, not when I need them", if we wait until we need something it'll probably be sold out!
    those are MY survival principles and I have lived by them for many years, at least a quarter of a century.

9. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I started on a regimen like yours lonewolf...not with prepping in mind....,to the degree and reasons of which many of us describe today in our posts....

But I started this simply because this is Hurricane Country. It just made sense to me.

It has ,,however, been expanded over the years with more awareness.... as to why someone should make preps.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Chris, I was brought up by WW2 parents, before supermarkets, freezers and mobile phones!
    a larder was a necessity, you didnt run out of anything because if you did the shops shut at 6pm sharp and didnt open at all on a Sunday, and this was living in a city!
    I have just continued this process after I left home, I often ran out of money- clerical work is NOT highly paid! not down here it isnt, but I never ran out of food.

11. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Yeak....my parents taught me ...what my Dad called ..."The Law of the Minimum."

We do not need a lot of extravagance per se....but do need to be stocked up on certain items. In particular food.

To me I know we are being dumbed down into idiocy and proud of it when you can get people to buy expensive jeans with holes in them.....what I call "Holy Jeans."

We put our holes in our jeans by honest work or honest play....but we certainly did not pay idiocy prices for jeans with holes in them.

Talk about a stupid Fallen People...

It is like we are becoming Rome again..

Yeah..I like to have a certain level of goods and maintained.....I call this level "Bank."

Sort of like what you start out in your cash register when you start the day....Bank.

But that is just me.

Took my Lady Friend shooting today...with my Beretta Jaguar target pistol....in .22 LR.

Just like this one....

Beretta 71 for sale - Beretta 71 .22LR Semi-Automatic Pistol (wolverinedefencefirearm.com)

I should have told her about holding a semi auto pistol and to be careful how you hold it because the slide comes back....and will cut you if you hold it wrong. Holding such an Semi Auto is second nature to me....and I will take her back shooting again. This next time I think we will use my Ruger Government .22 LR pistol....I think it does not do as does this Beretta. The Side is differently made..

Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. TMT Tactical
      At the range, we call it "Slide Bite" and have band aids ready for those that experience this. On occasion we also get to treat "Scope Bite" when the shooters get too close to the scope eyepiece when firing off a shot. The last shooter I treated for "Scope Bite" required 5 stitches, performed at the local emergency room.

TMT Tactical, Feb 2, 2023
      watcherchris likes this.
  12. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Wow TMT Tactical. I reckon I need to get out more.

"Slide Bite" is a new term to me but it certainly fits and very well too.!!

I shall remembert that term ...Slide Bite...thanks for that info.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I am now hooked on bacon flavored Spam. Nothing planned for supper? Fry-up some Spam and a veggie (me, I love beans for my veggie; plus, I keep jars of pickles; I love pickles and they have a long shelf life; when at grocery, I buy bacon flavored spam and pickles).

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    wife eats Spam I prefer Corned Beef.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Wow Oldse Geezer!!!!!!

I reckon I certainly do need to get out more...

I had no idea they now had bacon flavored Spam.

My lady friend verily likes bacon.....and so I shall try her with some bacon flavored ham.

Bacon has gone through the roof...like eggs..

I like fried spam on occasion ..but had no idea there was Bacon flavored spam on the market.

Ok....learned two new things today....for this Olde Dog.. And in like manner to TMT Tactical...thanks for that update.

Watcherchris.
    Not an Ishmaelite

TMT Tactical likes this.