Food Storage - Normal Food Vs Survival Specific Items?

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Jewelweed, Jul 11, 2017.

Food Storage - Normal Food Vs Survival Specific Items? 5 5 1votes
5/5, 1 vote

1. Jewelweed

Jewelweed Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    When planning your food storage for potential survival situations, did you stock mostly normal food items that you eat in your usual food rotation or get survival specific foods like freeze dried meals with extended life? If you have extended life stuff, how do you keep track of expiration dates?

Our home storage is mostly stuff in rotation. That jar of peanut butter that I bought this week will likely not be opened for months, for instance. Same with canned items. Our currently in use items are in the kitchen and the rest are stored in a different part of the house to keep the kids from grabbing the wrong things. I'm a data nerd so I have spreadsheets to track amounts and expiration dates. I do have some survival specific items that are good for a few years but I watch their expiration dates too and use them.