Ford F250 Super Cab Bug-out Truck For Sale [deleted]

1. MG6503

MG6503 New Member
      6/29

Blog Posts:
    MG6503 submitted a new resource:

FORD F250 Super cab Bug-Out Truck for sale - I am selling a Ford F250 bug-out vehicle.

Read more about this resource...

2. MG6503

MG6503 New Member
      6/29

Blog Posts:
    This resource has been removed and is no longer available for download.

3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    You've already answered one question for me. I does have an auxiliary tank. I had a decent truck one time, big engine. It takes two gas tanks, especially if you really need to get somewhere without stopping or you are loaded heavy. Big engines suck fuel. The men in my family had truck engines in automobiles, also had suspensions as if they were a truck. When not hauling product, they tossed in ballast to look like a non-jacked-up machine. The vehicles looked every bit normal, except for the huge radio antenna whips ("Don't touch that, boy; if somebody transmits, it'll burn you down"). Big open carburetors and tuned exhausts to let the thing breathe in and breathe out. Had mufflers that really did silence; big pipes that didn't show. Could hear'em rollin'-in & rollin'-out the gravel driveways. Could feel the smooth rumble in your chest. Could hear the gravel cry under their weight.

My dad and his friends couldn't understand why the young men wanted their cars to be loud. They wanted their cars to be monsters sliding through the night, humming in deep bass.

Here's a link showing a car of a former era than where my memories begin. My memories are from the 1960s. My dad did not run shine as far as I know; he sure did drink it. The working cars I was around, his brothers and friends had modified and were built in the 50's and 60's. The 1940s cars, I guess were obsolete; anyway, I didn't see them. My grandpap had a 49 Oldsmobile; he always put a spotlight on them to shoot pot-meat when out at night, coming back home; it was no bootlegginmobile. I've seen a friend of an uncle drag a rock that was near boulder-sized with his car (using a logging chain). Under the hood was no simple car engine and that suspension was no car suspension. Put weight in the trunk, these things became ground-grabbing beasts. Family friend, engine repairman / bootlegger (really nice guy) ended up doing a nickle in the Atlanta federal facility. We got a land deal that helped pay his lawyer's fees, but it was sad to see what the fed.s did to him, way sad.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Watch out. A diesel in a regular pickup will give the motor mounts hell and I've been shown where one tore the radiator frame mountings loose from the side & frame of the truck (I'm no mechanic, this was shown to me). My mechanics at this time were a NASCAR driver and his mechanic. My cars and trucks purred. Yes, my bill-fold ached, but I got my money's worth. At this very moment I can hear, "Don't buy no diesel pickup, here's why ... " One of my mechanics was having to deal with a diesel pickup rip-apart and it wasn't his first.

TMT Tactical likes this.