Forget "money" - What Will Matter Are Water, Energy, Soil, & Food... And A Shared National Purpose

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by elkhound, May 29, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. elkhound

elkhound Expert Member
      247/345

Blog Posts:
  2. elkhound

elkhound Expert Member
      247/345

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. poltiregist

poltiregist Master Survivalist
      347/460

Blog Posts:
    I agree any country that lets foreign investors private or government to buy up their land and infrastructure is trying to usher in one world government . Any government leader that would participate in such an act is a traitor to their country and has no regard for the sovereignty of the country they are in charge of .

4. lonewolf

lonewolf Moderator Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    its called globalisation folks and it goes on all over the world, even football clubs have foreign owners as do racehorses.

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  5. Morgan101

Morgan101 Master Survivalist
      355/460

Blog Posts:
    While I may not agree with foreign governments owning property in the U.S. I really don't know how you can stop it. The Government has no place in the sale of private property, assuming that all local laws have been met, and all taxes paid. If push came to shove, and the foreign owned property became an issue the Government could nationalize it and take it back.

It is a common practice in many countries, and you have to go in with your eyes open. They will allow you to operate a factory in their country. You will employ their people, and pay their taxes. When they feel they have acquired enough of your technology that you are no longer needed they will nationalize your factory; take it over; and ask you to leave.

I don't disagree that resources will be more valuable than money. This country has been blessed with enormous amounts of natural resources, and a temperate climate to be able to utilize them to the fullest. I wish we managed them better. Why should there ever be a water shortage or any concern in the least? We are surrounded on 2 1/2 sides by water; thousands of miles of coastline. How many trillion gallons of water pour from our rivers into the ocean every year? Are you telling me that we can pipe oil from Alberta Canada to the Gulf of Mexico, but we can't pipe water from the Mississippi River to Kansas or Nebraska? Current events!! Why isn't this flood water better managed? Rhetorical questions I know. There is no money in it.

TMT Tactical likes this.