Free Skywarn Class In Your Area

Discussion in 'Newbie Corner' started by Pragmatist, Sep 1, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.weather.gov/skywarn/

Good morning newbies - and others entering into advanced prepping,

The National Weather Service offers a free 2 hour class on weather basics and reporting. The link explains.

For emergencies, weather sites are my most used. It's important to know the basics and build on them. Eg don't carry around an aluminium tent pole when lightning might be around.

In the Asian cities, a free class like SKYWARN would have all chairs filled. Standing space would be limited because of so many seeking to further their knowledge.

As an aside, was reading an advanced-level hurricane report and I recognized the name of the forecaster. He taught the SKYWARN class I took.

Mauser'sDaDa and TMT Tactical like this.