Free Waterproof Fire-starter

Discussion in 'Newbie Corner' started by Justin Baker, Jan 6, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Justin Baker

Justin Baker Active Member
      45/58

Blog Posts:
    Hey, y'all, I just stumbled across this and wanted to share it with everybody here. Free emergency waterproof fire starter. I figure it's great for the bug out bag, since having multiple ways to ensure you can start a fire is always smart! I have a film case with waterproof matches, a zippo in a ziplock, a flint and striker, and am well-versed in primitive fire starting techniques as well. I figure I'll just throw one in the go bag, one in the glove box, and one in my wife's glove box. ;)
    here's the link:
    https://bit.ly/2FpjCsx

Caribou and howler like this.
  2. howler

howler Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    they work good, but you have to top up with lighter fluid about every 6 months or so, and keep an eye on the O ring ,,, cheers jas

3. Justin Baker

45/58

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for the heads up! that doesn't sound too bad as far as upkeep goes!

Caribou, howler and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I grease the O-ring with a little touch of vaseline and so far it has held the fluid for a little over a year. These are actually two ways to start a fire. The little wick as a match as it is designed and then if you fluid evaporates the little striker on the side is actually a little ferrocerium rod so you can start a fire with just that if you need to.

5. Justin Baker

45/58

Blog Posts:
    I just got word that we have 1923 of these in the warehouse that they are going to let me give away exclusively to mysurvivalforum members!!!!
    in case you missed it in the first post, here's the link to the EverStryke match: https://bit.ly/2FpjCsx

This thing can sit in water for 24 hours and still strike up!!!!

Caribou, TMT Tactical and howler like this.
  6. lonewolf

lonewolf Moderator Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    its not the fire starter that's the problem, its when you have damp tinder.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. poltiregist

poltiregist Master Survivalist
      385/460

Blog Posts:
    Just a thanks to Old Geezer . I took his advice a few days ago and bought a quart of Naphtha to refill my zippo lighters . I already had multiple cans of zippo lighter fuel in the stash but just wanted to extend my zippo lighter capability before I have to rely on my flint and steel , or ferro rods . . Along with the Zippos in the stash is packs of replacement flints and wicks . ----- I guess this kind of overlaps another thread a bit concerning barter items . After someone is down to watching their family members eating raw meat I suspect a lighter would have a great trade value . I can not see me wanting to trade for anything but some members seem to rely on a trade plan .

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Old Geezer
      Good. I'm glad that something I said helped somebody.

There was some Christmas closeout -- I think it was at Michael's store (they sell craft crap) -- so my wife bought over 20 pounds of bulk candle wax for less than a dollar a pound. I bought large thick candle wicks and wooden candle wicks. Wooden candle wicks last on and on. These candles pop and crackle like a miniature campfire. Wooden wicks give off heat and are brighter than your regular large candle, but the eat wax. You can heat a little iron pot of soup over these.

Old Geezer, Jan 9, 2020
      Caribou likes this.
  8. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member
      87/115

Blog Posts:
    I'm really interested in this - thanks for the link.
    Question though, who has successfully ordered? As anyone had any "negative" experiences dealing with "clickbank"? I ordered something through "clickbank" a few years ago and they kept taking money out of the account, so just want to check before ordering.

Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
  9. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    howler and TMT Tactical like this.
  10. Justin Baker

45/58

Blog Posts:
    Very true, TexDanm, and I know that the ones that seller from Hong Kong has listed are not guaranteed, nor are they guaranteed waterproof ;) - but alas, my small commission comes from the fact that the other stuff that SurvivalLife has to offer is pretty awesome, and worth a whole lot more! Not the EverStryke, per se, and, upon getting that little bit of profit, some of the money actually does stay here in the US and, me being who I am, goes to help a fellow prepper and an herbalist, as apposed to someone overseas who more than likely has an "in" at the manufacturing plant, so lots of profit for them! Either way, I'm definitely not trying to burst anyone's bubble! I just got what I thought was an awesome offer from a company who's product I like! Just trying to share the awesomeness!

howler likes this.
  11. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member
      87/115

Blog Posts:
    Hey TexDanm, is the one you get a commission from on that click site, or is there another site (I'm wondering because you mention "SurvivalLife".

I meant no disrespect to you by the way and appreciate your post. I was just checking the validity of it, not wanting to get scammed or ripped off.

12. Justin Baker

45/58

Blog Posts:
    Heya' Blitz - I have heard of people getting bummed about clickbank, as well as amazon, and all the other sites as well. There are plenty of people that have bad experiences everywhere... As for me, I have purchased from clickbank five times and have never had an issue, so.... it's all relative and in each individuals experience, I guess...
    .....and I do get a small commission form purchases made from SurvivalLife, The EverStyke is just introductory!

Blitz likes this.
  13. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Well, these aren't free.

"QuickFire provides a 10-15 inch flame at 750 degrees for up to 10 minutes of burn time."

https://quickfire.world/

Have some. They'll get a fire going.

If the tender is way too wet -- takes half-hour to boil-off water content -- then only a blow-torch can start it; maybe not even a blow torch.

==============================================
    Or, go chemical, potassium permanganate and glycerin

https://www.essentials4survival.com/chemical-fire-starter/

https://depts.washington.edu/chem/facilserv/lecturedemo/GlycerolandKMnO4-UWDept.ofChemistry.html

https://www.amazon.com/Potassium-Pe...=Potassium+Permanganate&qid=1578716011&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/glycerin/s?k=glycerin

https://www.intherabbithole.com/potassium-permanganate-the-most-useful-survival-chemical/

14. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member
      87/115

Blog Posts:
    True. So where's the best place to purchase it from - the original link you posted, or from SurvivalLife?

15. Justin Baker

45/58

Blog Posts:
    Well, if you use my original link, then I get tagged for a small commission, so I vote for that one! ;)

16. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member
      87/115

Blog Posts:
    Okey dokey. Thanks.

Justin Baker likes this.