Freedom Cove!

Discussion in 'Newbie Corner' started by AlexM, Jun 6, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. AlexM

AlexM New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    Howdy! This is my first post at this forum and I'm looking to gaining new insight on how to live in a totally self-sustained way, as well as share some stories about off the grid living that I have heard about.

I'd like to start by sharing this story I've read about a Canadian couple by the names of Wayne Adams and Catherine King. These people have spent 20 plus years building a self-sustained fortress off the coast of Vancouver in British Columbia. The place they built which they call 'Freedom Cove' consists of 12 floating platforms including 5 greenhouses, an art gallery, and even a dancefloor! They apparently fish and grow all their own food as well.

I find their story to be very inspiring and I'd thought I'd share it with you guys. I posted a link to an article about them below. Check it Out! It would be great to get something half this cool going for myself one day! Cheers everyone!

http://www.boredpanda.com/sustainable-home-off-the-grid-freedom-cove-wayne-adams-catherine-king/

2. tb65

tb65 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    This sounds really cool. Living self sustained doesn't have to be primitive at all. I was always thinking of way's to make living of the grid comfortable. This is really something that challenges your creativity. Of course at first the most important thing is survival, after that why not take it to the next level.

3. tb65

tb65 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:

4. AlexM

AlexM New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    Absolutely! You can also travel up there and take a tour of their place. I believe they charge for that, but I think it would be so worth it to see it in person, and learn more about how they were able to accomplish what they did.

5. BeautifullyBree

BeautifullyBree Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to be completely self sufficient. This website is definitely helping towards my goals. People like these are inspirational.

6. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I find many people who have achieved what this couple has are welcoming of people who want to learn and who want to see self sufficiency in action. I hope you are able to visit with them one day and come back to tell us what you have learned and observed.

7. TJames13

TJames13 New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    These people embody the mantra that keeps pushing me to prepare. I want to not only survive but I want to thrive. Thank you for sharing. I hope someday I will feel as prepared as these people appear be.

8. iseeyou

iseeyou Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    This is an amazing story, thank you for sharing. This couple are kind of cool, they are totally deviating from society's standards and they don't care, they are just living life how they want it and for that they are totally the coolest. They are an inspiration.