French Nutella Riots

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Grumpy Max, Jan 26, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Grumpy Max

Grumpy Max Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    Whilst browsing the BBC’s Red Button news & came across a report from France about Nutella ‘riots’.

It would appear that a supermarket chain had reduced the price of their Nutella by 70% resulting in violence in store with the police being called.

"They are like animals. A woman had her hair pulled, an elderly lady took a box on her head, another had a bloody hand," one customer told French media.

A member of staff at one Intermarché shop in central France told the regional newspaper Le Progrès: "We were trying to get in between the customers but they were pushing us."

This fracas was just over some chocolate spread, imagine what will happen when the SHTF & people are trying to get supplies they actually need to survive?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    Keith H. likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    they wont make it, is the answer.
    why do you think we have stocks of food at home, panicking after the event isn't going to get them far, but of course these are the people that sneer at us preppers, call us paranoid and say "it'll never happen", who are the idiots now then?

Grumpy Max likes this.
  3. Grumpy Max

Grumpy Max Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    You’re not wrong lone. Even as a newbie to Prepping I can see what is going to happen should the SHTF; people can’t cope when supermarkets are shut on Easter Sunday, how the heck will they cope with a week of no shopping?

4. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Evidently if they had put the Nutella on the Maginot Line when the Germans got between the French people and their Nutella they would have wiped them out and WW2 would have been short and ugly!

Old Geezer likes this.
  5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I would have smacked the crap out'a my kids had they pulled some stupid/nasty behaviors such as this.

I really love this story. Talk about a barometer reading for the coming weather! In Kansas, when the barometer reading drops this much, the people run for their tornado shelters.

Grumpy Max likes this.
  6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    well this is similar to the reply I always put when someone argues about having a food stockpile at home, we have this not so we can feel superior but so we can hunker down and wait out the crazies.
    if someone were to go out when all the rioting and panicking is going on, they could get injured or even killed by one of these crazies, who's going to look after their families then?
    but I suppose if someone is one of these people that think it'll never happen then it just dosent occur to them.

Grumpy Max likes this.
  7. Grumpy Max

Grumpy Max Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    You just have to look at what happens on ‘Black Friday’ in the stores, people willing to attack others just to get something cheap. Now imagine what it will be like when the SHTF when people see rapidly emptying shelves & know their chances are of eating are slipping away in front of their eyes, I certainly wouldn’t want to be in the same shops as them.

8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    that's why we prep my friend.

Grumpy Max likes this.