Front Sight In Nevada

Discussion in 'Guns, Knives, Tools, Etc.' started by Photon Guy, Apr 22, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Photon Guy

Photon Guy Expert Member
      160/173

Blog Posts:
    One of the biggest shooting schools that I know of in the USA is Front Sight which is located in Nevada in the town of Pahrump which is about an hour from Las Vegas. On my first visit to Front Sight I found out there was so much that I didn't know in regards to guns and tactical shooting and effectively using guns in self defense. I have been back many times and have learned so much since I first started there. So I highly recommend Front Sight.

2. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I always wanted to go to Jeff Coopers Gunsight Academy.

TMT Tactical and CountryGuy like this.
  3. Miskondukt

Miskondukt Active Member
      40/58

Blog Posts:
    Have you done any training at NOIR?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Photon Guy

Photon Guy Expert Member
      160/173

Blog Posts:
    Nope I haven't. Where is it located? How is it?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Miskondukt

Miskondukt Active Member
      40/58

Blog Posts:
    They do training at the Progun facility, $595 for 4 hours but if you bring a friend it's an extra $50 plus $50 per extra hour beyond the four hours. They provide both defensive/tactical weapons handling along with cqc stuff. My buddy and I have yet to schedule yet, he's waiting on my cash flow schedule to free up.

In regard to Front Sight, I was just on their site and nearly pressed the purchase patriot membership buttahn when I noticed, sadly mind you, that the class dates are primarily on weekdays. :( No bueno for me work schedule, and completing a couple of their weapon's courses would wipe out any available vacay/floating days time.

How often do you find yourself going? Are you a member, or individual course purchases?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Photon Guy

Photon Guy Expert Member
      160/173

Blog Posts:
    Since I became a life member back in 2014 I've been there over 20 times. Most of the time I go to their primary training facility in Nevada but I was once at their Alaska location. With a life membership I take all the classes I want for life without paying anything more for the classes. The only things I pay for are ammo, travel, room and board, and if Im renting any guns or other equipment at Front Sight.
    They do have a good number of classes that are midweek, you should find something to accommodate you. I would not recommend buying classes or memberships directly from Front Sight unless they're doing specials as you will be paying way too much. When I got my life membership in which I was a Legacy member I paid $500 for it because Front Sight was doing a special.
    People come from not only all over the country but from other countries too to go to Front Sight. I've driven across the country to to to Front Sight. Sometimes I fly but driving has its advantages.

TMT Tactical likes this.